Paypal limited. Does this mean I can't use it on my online store anymore? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-01-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Paypal limited. Does this mean I can't use it on my online store anymore?

My idea is to not link the website with paypal, just inform the customer that after checkout , he will receive a paypal invoice, and well if you spread it on different pp accounts, with differnt invoice number and id of product, and withdraw often,what is
the problem ? paypal won't ever know where and what you are selling

I try it right now with products that are not couterfeit and customers are happy with it, but out of paypal policy

I think the good way is to be honest wiht customers, and if they buy Nike Airmax shoes for $50, they know it is not the authentic one, so that's why they will be agree to pay for a paypal invoice instead of direct checkout.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Paypal limited. Does this mean I can't use it on my online store anymore?

I am not selling counterfeit items (replicas or something like that), I am selling my own models, but they use trademarks without license obviously. However, I have many orders and this way will not work, because for sure many customers will not buy if they can not pay directly in the website.

Does anyone know when Paypal will probably check my website again? For an example - if I only leave the 5% of the items, that are OK for a month (so the paypal check passes) and then I return the other items again? Or they will check regularly?

Because the domain obviously links the paypal accounts, but obviously I have no choice.

Last edited by rumen1; 02-01-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2016

Longevity: 50%

Sorry to tell you that, but now your website is dead in paypal's eyes, make a new one, but i fear of the same thing will happend again and again
Old 02-01-2016
Threadstarter  

I don't see how will they link accounts again if at the end I will make a new stealth Paypal account and change the domain of the website.
Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

paypal detect stuff like this.

Can you consider another payment processor too?
Old 02-02-2016
Threadstarter  

80% of them want US address. My general mistake was, that I have connected both my website and my ebay to the same Paypal. And the Paypal was blown because of an item, that I have offered in my ebay account. The website was 1 year old until that moment and I never had ANY Paypal problems with it.

So I assume, that if this has not happened, because I sell the same stuff in it since day 1.

So what I'm trying to say is that no one has ever bothered to see what is this website selling.

Obviously the domain has linked the old paypal with the new one (which is still working by the way), so I guess that if no one reports you, Paypal will probably never bother to see what exactly are you offering in your website.

The report however came from a competitor, not from a customer, because my customers are always happy and 80% of them come to buy more from me.

Unfortunately the options are not many for me. I tried to create a merchant account, so I can accept credit/debit cards, but most of them want SSN, some of them of course have problems with what I sell. Also obviously I have no choice but to wait for this present Paypal account to blow fully. In the mean time I will duplicate my website to a different domain and create a new stealth Paypal, that I will connect to the new domain.

So regarding the present Paypal, that has been restricted and then unlocked again, I will just have to wait and see if or when will they check my website and limit it again. I just wonder when will be the next check, because if it will be soon, then I can remove the 95% of problematic items and upload them back after 2 months. But if they plan to check the website after 6 months, then that will obviously not work.

Last edited by rumen1; 02-02-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2016

Longevity: 53%

You need to get a merchant account.
Old 02-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumen1 View Post
80% of them want US address. My general mistake was, that I have connected both my website and my ebay to the same Paypal. And the Paypal was blown because of an item, that I have offered in my ebay account. The website was 1 year old until that moment and I never had ANY Paypal problems .......

So regarding the present Paypal, that has been restricted and then unlocked again, I will just have to wait and see if or when will they check my website and limit it again. I just wonder when will be the next check, because if it will be soon, then I can remove the 95% of problematic items and upload them back after 2 months. But if they plan to check the website after 6 months, then that will obviously not work.
Just my 2 cents.... This is were paypal is not wise for business. Someone like you would have an expectation of having the set up you made. You trade away and then get caught out because of a competitor.

Given that info, I feel the account will be marked... The competitor likely has no reason to go away. Many are petty enough to stalk rivals.
Do you have any idea of who it might be?

Now, before you set up the new domain, can you get a UK merchant account?
Old 02-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Yes, the fact, that firstly I connected the ebay account and the website to the same Paypal was a big mistake, but anyway, it already happened, I will at least learn from that.

Yes, you are right, keeping in mind what I'm selling, I expect problems all the time. However, I never knew they can limit your Paypal for such things. I thought only ebay can make you problems for that, but at least they will limit you several times before suspend you and this is why I was a little calm. But with the Paypal it happened immediately and without any warnings. Just one hit and that's it.

I have no idea who might it be, I just know that a friend of mine with the same bussiness got hit the same way too. But anyway, it happened, no need to think about that, better look forward.

The ebay account is still OK, but obviously i can't use it anymore, because I have no other way to accept payments. It's stupid, because this Ebay account has more than 200 feedback and it is at 100% and never got any hits at all.

I am now trying to make a merchant account at Skrill, we will see how it goes there.

Last edited by rumen1; 02-02-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2016

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumen1 View Post
Yes, the fact, that firstly I connected the ebay account and the website to the same Paypal was a big mistake, but anyway, it already happened, I will at least learn from that.

Yes, you are right, keeping in mind what I'm selling, I expect problems all the time. However, I never knew they can limit your Paypal for such things. I thought only ebay can make you problems for that, but at least they will limit you several times before suspend you and this is why I was a little calm. But with the Paypal it happened immediately and without any warnings. Just one hit and that's it.

I have no idea who might it be, I just know that a friend of mine with the same bussiness got hit the same way too. But anyway, it happened, no need to think about that, better look forward.

The ebay account is still OK, but obviously i can't use it anymore, because I have no other way to accept payments. It's stupid, because this Ebay account has more than 200 feedback and it is at 100% and never got any hits at all.

I am now trying to make a merchant account at Skrill, we will see how it goes there.

No dont use skrill. Get a real merchant account. You'll be fine
You should be able to use the merchant account with ebay as well
Old 02-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Skrill can work as a viable option - of course people prefer pp but there will be those who use Skrill
Old 02-03-2016
Threadstarter  

I will be happy to try other options too if you have some suggestions.