eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal security check (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/92486-paypal-security-check.html)

brandnewboss 12-31-2015 07:38 PM

PayPal security check

So here's the deal, my Mac just died on me so I opened one of my accounts up on my iPad, which I don't normally do, went to purchase a new laptop on eBay and I get the usual security check from PayPal saying they don't recognize the device.

So I go through the check, choose my number and as usual it says "the number doesn't appear to be registered in your name". The question is, has anyone ever passed this check with a prepaid phone registered in the name used on PayPal because I've tried that before and it still didn't work.

I know the payment will go through eventually but it's real annoying, let me know what you guys think, thanks

suspendedfoe 12-31-2015 08:17 PM

Re: PayPal security check

Is it registered as mobile or home? i use google voice with tracfone

brandnewboss 12-31-2015 08:20 PM

I use virgin prepaid but doesn't seem to make any difference whether the names match or not, still says the same thing, that the phone # isn't registered in my name.

suspendedfoe 12-31-2015 08:36 PM

Did u make the account with that same number? Or are you adding it

brandnewboss 12-31-2015 08:38 PM

It's the same number that I made the account with which I still have access to, I think they still only accept land lines for these type of verifications, not sure.

suspendedfoe 12-31-2015 08:41 PM

thats weird man, and an issue at that. how much u have held in there?

brandnewboss 12-31-2015 08:48 PM

Not much just a few hundred the funds that just became available, I'll just wait a couple days and it should go through, was just trying to find a way around waiting

Breakthecycle2 12-31-2015 09:50 PM

He's not the only one getting this with an original number. Its been an ongoing thing lately. Not sure why.

brandnewboss 12-31-2015 09:56 PM

Yea it's been an ongoing thing for awhile, was hoping to come up with a workaround, so far the only thing that works is just waiting it out

wtfebay 01-01-2016 06:48 AM

This is a horsesh*t verification that is impossible to pass. I have called paypal 4 different times and spent 45 minutes each time WITH NO HELP. Never able to send the text or automated call to my number. Cant send payment or pay invoices. Reps had no clue what was going on. Total waste of time. NOW its happening on ANOTHER account. This sh*t is ridiculous! The phone numbers are the same ones that have been attached to the accounts and are verified to the account and I have never changed them. GOOD LUCK...i havent had any.

Nyco 01-01-2016 07:26 AM

This has happen to me also on a number of my accounts they wont let you add new phone number/ bank account etc after its been limited ( Even tho it says you can in the resolution center)... i dunno whats that about Im thinking its just another way paypal can get you to abandon your account.

ive done that also & lost thousands $$$ until i started focusing on all my limitation problems. I do know a way around it !!! ive had many limitation problems that ive had to figure out on my own bcuz no one here could tell me!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfebay (Post 732936)
This is a horsesh*t verification that is impossible to pass. I have called paypal 4 different times and spent 45 minutes each time WITH NO HELP. Never able to send the text or automated call to my number. Cant send payment or pay invoices. Reps had no clue what was going on. Total waste of time. NOW its happening on ANOTHER account. This sh*t is ridiculous! The phone numbers are the same ones that have been attached to the accounts and are verified to the account and I have never changed them. GOOD LUCK...i havent had any.

Nyco 01-01-2016 08:00 AM

@phaz0rz there's no need for your sarcasm I was simply saying i had to think harder and work harder for what I was trying to accomplish. I understand the forum members are busy.. now that Ive been doing this for a while

I'M BUSY TOO managing multiple ebay/paypal accounts doing very well for myslef might i add.. isn't this a HELP FORUM? Keep in MIND phaz0rz ...usually when you HELP some one YOU HAVE TO BE "bothered to solve someone else's issue":shocked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 732956)
Aw, I feel so bad that you did not receive a satisfactory level of help regarding your very specific paypal limitations. Keep in mind, the productive forum members here are busy running their businesses - can't always be bothered to solve someone else's issue :)

phaz0rz 01-01-2016 08:07 AM

Nyco, I'm sorry for being rude. I haven't had my coffee yet. My comment was out of line and did not contribute anything.

brandnewboss 01-01-2016 09:03 PM

It worked! just got on eBay to try my purchase again, got the same security check only this time I kept trying over a few times and it finally went through!!

suspendedfoe 01-01-2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewboss (Post 733218)
It worked! just got on eBay to try my purchase again, got the same security check only this time I kept trying over a few times and it finally went through!!

Congrats bro

BiN4RY 01-01-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewboss (Post 733218)

What did you "try over a few times"? Trying to verify your phone, or cancel and try and make the payment again later?

brandnewboss 01-01-2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 733229)
What did you "try over a few times"? Trying to verify your phone, or cancel and try and make the payment again later?

I just kept clicking the button, it never verified the phone, the transaction just finally went through.

BiN4RY 01-01-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewboss (Post 733232)
I just kept clicking the button, it never verified the phone, the transaction just finally went through.

I find it interesting that actually worked out for you.
Typically if you keep on trying, your account will get this soft limit even longer, and you might even receive a real limit on the account.

brandnewboss 01-01-2016 10:32 PM

It's possible but so far so good, the payment cleared.

BigCJ 01-01-2016 11:13 PM

I spam the button when I get the verification request.
Usually pushes it through

xxrange 01-02-2016 02:19 AM

Google voice works with any phone, but you have to set up the account with that Gvoice number

wtfebay 01-02-2016 05:10 AM

Whenever I click "continue" to receive the automated call or text message, it always says "this number is not registered in your name" and if I click continue again, it will say call or email paypal. So I'm not sure what you guys are doing to push it through??