eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   verify device urgh (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/94540-verify-device-urgh.html)

dan_ebay 03-09-2016 03:04 PM

verify device urgh

Getting the 'we don't recognize device verify account with phone/text' on paypal when I try to send money of withdraw. Seen other threads on this, is it actually likely to work again if I leave it a few days?

ps don't reply with 'keep working phone numbers'

jakobrockz 03-09-2016 03:08 PM

Re: verify device urgh

Yes, I waited 2ish days last time it happened to me

phaz0rz 03-09-2016 05:34 PM

Hahaha, don't get too hopeful.

I think the persistence level for that "security check" is determined by how active the account is. I started getting it on one of my main accounts a few months ago while trying to add a new bank, and haven't got past it yet.

Adding a new phone number does not work. In my case the ONLY thing that did work on another account with the same issue, was calling in with a spoof app.

rsot 03-09-2016 09:33 PM

Report back tmrw dan

fuzzylogik 03-10-2016 04:33 AM

Wait a couple of days. This happens to me sometimes and i either just wait or transfer the money in smaller amounts.

dan_ebay 03-10-2016 12:22 PM

all good now cheers

exxomscp 03-10-2016 04:01 PM

Mixed experience with this. Sometimes it will push through fine, sometimes it won't. In some cases, waiting around has helped, some cases not... Meh. I'd give it a couple days just to be safe, then do what you can.

The security check doesn't really work the way its originally "intended" to, it seems to be just a "placeholder" for when your account is under these type of soft limitations. The only thing you can do is try to push forward and continue despite verification fails, and if that fails or you get looped back to the same prompt, try again in a couple days. It's supposed to be a page where you "verify" the phone on the account, but in my experience it's no longer even being used for that purpose (says a phone with my name on file doesn't have my name on file, which is complete nonsense).

Apparently this new security system oversees an absolute ton of factors. Paypal reps will usually say it's due to your history under the account or some other arbitrary reason, but that's really just a poor excuse; they don't really know what is going on. It takes almost too many factors in account that it's honestly ridiculous. I've been able to put through transactions for $1500 on eBay, and then unable to put through a transaction for $3. It's extremely picky and nonsensical, and "security" in my opinion has nothing to do with it. It's poorly designed and broken.

Fortunately, I haven't come across these errors with adding and using banking yet.

I'm fairly certain they're actually losing users because of this process, especially due to the unreliability of this system with no intervention. It's really no coincidence that Paypal's CTO "resigned" either.

auctionessistance 03-10-2016 04:53 PM

It goes away eventually at least for us. Are you blocking cookies or using a browser that does?

phaz0rz 03-10-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auctionessistance (Post 753757)
It goes away eventually at least for us. Are you blocking cookies or using a browser that does?

It does not always "eventually go away". It really does depend on the account. Activity, history, etc.

amzn01 04-03-2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 753693)
all good now cheers

Dan how did you make it go away?
I have a US PP account and cannot get past phone verification prompt
account is about 30 days

I'm now desperate to resolve it