eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can I Use PayPal from Restricted eBay on a eBay Account that has a Limited PayPal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/94673-can-i-use-paypal-restricted-ebay-ebay-account-has-limited-paypal.html)

EchoTroop 03-14-2016 09:55 PM

Can I Use PayPal from Restricted eBay on a eBay Account that has a Limited PayPal?

My first eBay account got indefinitly restricted but the PayPal was fine (this PayPal is my primary PayPal).
I was using a stealth eBay and PayPal account but the PayPal account just got limited and put on a 180 day hold; the stealth eBay is still fine.

Will I be able to unlink the limited stealth PayPal from the stealth eBay and link my working PayPal?

If not, what can I do with that stealth eBay then? Cause it seems like a rather waste to discard a perfectly good stealth eBay just because the PayPal went down.

MM78 03-14-2016 10:22 PM

Re: Can I Use PayPal from Restricted eBay on a eBay Account that has a Limited PayPal

Mixing and Matching Ebay and PayPal isn't recommended, your just asking for problems.

spindoctor 03-14-2016 10:23 PM

Re: Can I Use PayPal from Restricted eBay on a eBay Account that has a Limited PayPal

Nope, you'll be linked eventually. Starting a fresh is the only way to go. Your fighting a massive company here, with very complex and sophisticated computers that will eventually link your accounts.

jeffweico 03-14-2016 11:28 PM

If anything, you might want to create a stealth PayPal account and try attaching it to the eBay account. It has worked for some people, however eBay will eventually catch up to it. I have seen hybrids last up to 2 years. Of course, it is more likely that it will get flagged sooner than that. But in the meantime, if the Stealth Gods are smiling upon you, you might be able to continue to make sales from that eBay account, even if just for a short time while you are breaking in the new stealth accounts.

yaBeh8ater 03-15-2016 12:36 AM

i know from experience that it is possible to setup a new ebay and attach it to a good paypal without getting suspended again. but it alao doesnt work. tried 3 times last week and it worked once.

samspalace 03-15-2016 09:39 AM

Have back up accounts when things like this happen can brush it under the carpet and move on to the back up account :)

I would not RECOMMEND unlinking accounts and then trying to link a working account you are defaintly asking for trouble.

empirestate 03-15-2016 09:47 AM

If eBay banned your indefinitely and Paypal is good (Do not link this paypal to another ebay account because they eBay will ban you again.)

lv91 03-15-2016 11:34 AM

Just a matter of time, they will shut you down anyway..

Johnny j 03-15-2016 02:46 PM

I really don't think its a good idea... Just start all over !!!

zishan786110 06-17-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 754675)
If anything, you might want to create a stealth PayPal account and try attaching it to the eBay account. It has worked for some people, however eBay will eventually catch up to it. I have seen hybrids last up to 2 years. Of course, it is more likely that it will get flagged sooner than that. But in the meantime, if the Stealth Gods are smiling upon you, you might be able to continue to make sales from that eBay account, even if just for a short time while you are breaking in the new stealth accounts.

If i have a good paypal account running and confirmed with the social and everything, can i connect it to my new eBay account? The new eBay accounts paypal was limited. Would this work?

tannedweekend 06-18-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zishan786110 (Post 780484)
If i have a good paypal account running and confirmed with the social and everything, can i connect it to my new eBay account? The new eBay accounts paypal was limited. Would this work?

I would recommend to add it to brand new ebay. The les details match the more chances you have to survive.
Dont keep too much money in.
You will be sitting on a time bomb.
It might last few years it might last few days...

likefrasers 11-22-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater (Post 754680)
i know from experience that it is possible to setup a new ebay and attach it to a good paypal without getting suspended again. but it alao doesnt work. tried 3 times last week and it worked once.

Do you mean, change the PayPal email then attach to a good ebay?

onlinehelpneeded 11-22-2016 01:31 PM

this can never work long term

likefrasers 11-22-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlinehelpneeded (Post 813704)
this can never work long term

Are you sure? Have you get restricted again by doing that?

MM78 11-22-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likefrasers (Post 813709)
Are you sure? Have you get restricted again by doing that?

Yes, people HAVE been restricted before by doing it.....

likefrasers 11-22-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 813719)
Yes, people HAVE been restricted before by doing it.....

I searched the posts here but to be honest I haven't found any one that really says they had the experience on this.

MM78 11-22-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likefrasers (Post 813722)
I searched the posts here but to be honest I haven't found any one that really says they had the experience on this.

I see, I guess were just making it up then.

likefrasers 11-22-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 813725)

I never said it's just making it up. It's always good to see some real stories in stead of guessing - it's very different than making it up.

MM78 11-22-2016 02:25 PM

Trust me, it has happened and it's happened to me not once, not twice, but several times. I should say that I knew what I was doing and was willing to take the risk, eventually the PayPal's will go down and the Ebay may go down.

phaz0rz 11-22-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 813725)

A lot of the posts here are pure speculation so I don't blame frasiers for asking.

@fraisers - no forum post can replace personal experience. All of this sounds like a terrible idea which will almost certainly result in more dead accounts. Only way to get a definitive answer though is to try it out yourself.

:amen:

likefrasers 11-22-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 813727)
Trust me, it has happened and it's happened to me not once, not twice, but several times. I should say that I knew what I was doing and was willing to take the risk, eventually the PayPal's will go down and the Ebay may go down.

You misunderstood, it's not PayPal go down.

Paypal is good standing. Old ebay is restricted.

Can we unlink this PayPal, change the email, let it cool down for some time (1-2 month), create a new ebay, with the same changed email, then link them.

I'm not saying a good ebay with a dead PayPal.

MM78 11-22-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likefrasers (Post 813730)
You misunderstood, it's not PayPal go down.

Paypal is good standing. Old ebay is restricted.

Can we unlink this PayPal, change the email, let it cool down for some time (1-2 month), create a new ebay, with the same changed email, then link them.

I'm not saying a good ebay with a dead PayPal.

The problem is that you can never really "unlink" a PayPal from an Ebay, Ebay will always have the information from the old PayPal, that being said.....it will work (what you are wanting to do) but at some point down the road.....you risk having the PayPal go down or both Ebay + PayPal. It's all about time, some have reported going down in 3-5 months, some longer, there's no true time period for an account going down.