eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Buyer wins case. Got money and product. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/95136-buyer-wins-case-got-money-product.html)

prissanna 04-01-2016 11:13 AM

Buyer wins case. Got money and product.

This is a warning for the rest of you as well as to see if you have any advice. I had a buyer that ordered something with a PO Box. I messaged him and asked for a street address since it was going UPS. I didn't hear from him for several days. Meanwhile he opened a case. I got the message to him that I needed his street address. Shipped it to the street address. Provided tracking in the case. The buyer got the order. Paypal closed the case in his favor. I have tried contacting him with no response. So I went to appeal the case. Paypal tells me that since I did not send it to the address he ordered it from, I lost the case. I should have cancelled his order and got him to resubmit it to me with the correct shipping address. I asked if they couldn't at least contact the buyer and discover that he did indeed get the shipment and my answer was no.

If you have any suggestions on how I could possibly get my $105.95 back, I would appreciate it. I wonder if buyers do this type of thing because they are aware they can get away with it.

IGNAS 04-01-2016 11:30 AM

Re: Buyer wins case. Got money and product.

I think it's highly unlikely that you will get your $ back if PayPal already ruled against your favor.

One option could be somehow contacting the buyer and encouraging him to send the money or the item back. But probably you just had a deal with a scammer who was planning this outcome in the first place.

ilcarletto 04-01-2016 11:47 AM

Sorry to read that prissanna but, yes, this happens quite often and buyers are aware of this option.

You have to strictly follow eBay and PayPal rules to win the case but sometime even with that you are not 100% sure (I've learn a lot on this forum).

BigCJ 04-01-2016 12:02 PM

Sorry that you got scammed by this scammer....This is why I refuse to ship to PO boxes.

phaz0rz 04-01-2016 12:25 PM

OP, we've all been there at some point. This is why if there is ANY type of issue with a buyer's address I cancel the order immediately. Watch out for buyers who order with one address and ask you to ship to an alternative address after checkout, because 95% of the time those are scammers also.

velanti 04-01-2016 01:34 PM

Damn, paypal buyer protection is really complicated.

newjerseymax 04-01-2016 01:53 PM

I often get messages from buyer that they need to change address. I carefully review feedback, feedback they left, how long they been on ebay and then make my decision.

So far 99% of the time no issues going this route. You need to make a case by case decision in my opinion. There are lots of legit people that forget to change address or its a "gift" (probably drop shipping).

cooliceman 04-02-2016 07:46 AM

it's how paypal works ,Take care next time

Ebayorbust 04-02-2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooliceman (Post 759699)
it's how paypal works ,Take care next time

Stop spamming the forum with your useless insights. 6 posts in 10 minutes that add nothing to any of the conversations.

If you have nothing constructive to say then don't clutter up the forum with this garbage.

prissanna 04-05-2016 02:15 PM

When you cancel the invoice and tell the buyer why, do you generally get them to rebuy or do you never hear from them again?

I like the idea of a case by case decision.