eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   To trust or not to trust: Can PayPal detect VPN providers now in 2016 (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/95162-trust-not-trust-can-paypal-detect-vpn-providers-now-2016-a.html)

mophie 04-02-2016 12:47 PM

To trust or not to trust: Can PayPal detect VPN providers now in 2016

I have this feeling PayPal can detect VPN providers,

But stopping everyone would not be convenient for PayPal.

so it wouldn't be of surprise to me if PayPal placed a TRUST glitch - That might not appear suspicious at first glance - EX. transaction fail all the time, money is delayed from PayPal to your bank or vice-versa - they won't genuinely attempt to resolve the matter for you when it comes to a TRUST issue or a RISK issue.

They increased investments in new technology, the latest anti-fraud technology, I forgot the article but it said PayPal would stop allowing VPNs to use their services altogether, this was in Australia so not sure if they mean worldwide.

Can PayPal identify VPNs and still allow you to conduct business?

jakobrockz 04-02-2016 01:07 PM

Re: To trust or not to trust: Can PayPal detect VPN providers now in 2016

You'd have to provide an article for me to believe any of that

The only website that I know of that doesn't support VPN's is Netflix.. unless there's a way around it that I am not aware of

dan_ebay 04-02-2016 01:24 PM

ofcourse they can. Don't see why anyone uses them other than if they're in another country

yankee 04-02-2016 01:30 PM

VPNs have always been detectable as far as I am aware.

JamesNorth101 04-02-2016 01:32 PM

Its not about if they can detect the VPN or not

Its about the VPN used

Abused VPNs will get your account shut down since they are used by scammers a lot

Choose a VPN carefully and you wont have an issue

mophie 04-02-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobrockz (Post 759746)
You'd have to provide an article for me to believe any of that

The only website that I know of that doesn't support VPN's is Netflix.. unless there's a way around it that I am not aware of

This is in Australia, hence "While this appears to hold truth, things are going to get much harder if you paid for your VPN service using a PayPal account."

By what I mean, I love paying for VPN with PayPal.

Netflix geoblocking: PayPal just made it harder to get US Netflix in Australia

It is very noticeable now PayPal places a special kind of glitch on VPN accounts, I have notice glitches more and more as I use VPN providers than say MIFIs, even the those providers that offer 'Fresh IPs' with much cleaner IPs.

ddtss 04-03-2016 04:54 AM

I have a stealth account based in USA that was created and sold by a seller. Logged in with VPN to click without doing any transactions for 7 days. Surprised, payment came in without 21 days hold but I was able to transfer the funds out - all these in a VPN IP.

rsot 04-03-2016 05:08 AM

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth then :thumb:

sax4 04-05-2016 12:44 PM

I have been using VPN for years without problems. BBC Iplayer in UK are now blocking VPN's, it's not difficult, they just find out the IP range from the most popular providers and block them. I suppose to get around that you would create your own VPN server

humblebundle 04-10-2016 03:24 PM

guys why don't you use VPS instead, quite the same price, and wayyyy more secure than VPN for online activities

akela 04-21-2016 08:46 AM

pp can detect vpns 4 sure ....they told me by phone my real ip n what the name of server hosts that im using
i thought flash n java cuz the problem but really they can knw !!!
also there is a defrent between a anonymous proxies n vpn
i think pp anti anonymous proxies but not VPN servers

vetus 04-21-2016 08:54 AM

Even if they can detect them, it's not about the fact you use a VPN it's the quality and reliability of the provider. Are the IPs used and abused? Is the IP clean?

This is why most serious users go to 24vc and buy a FRESH one.

123 04-21-2016 12:11 PM

Been using vpns for thousands of accounts by now (my personal accounts & the ones I sell on the forum) for many years now and never had any problems including in 2016. Also never noticed any 'glitches' when I was using a VPN as opposed to MIFI for example.

As others have already mentioned it all really depends on the quality of vpn company you go with, whether they can be detected or not is not the problem. Anybody if they really wanted to can manually search your ip address and find out if your using a residential or business/data center ip, but there's nothing wrong with using a business / data center ip. As most legitimate major companies use vpns throughout their offices for security purposes etc. So they will never ban vpns as their are many legitimate reasons for using a vpn connection, they will however as they always have done, ban the ips that are abused, such as the ones you would get from a poorly chosen vpn company. So just make sure to get a fresh dedicated ip from a reliable company and you'll have no issues ever.

Also just on a side note even netflix which actually has a legitimate reason to try to ban all vpn users hasn't been successful, there are still a ton of ways to use a vpn to watch netflix etc.

mophie 05-18-2016 11:59 AM

I have to agree with 123 while is simply hard to block every provider, 24vc is probably the best service for stealth.

I think Netflix is nuts if they think they can block every service out there, they most have to monitor every activity you do.

applepbc 05-18-2016 12:20 PM

websites can definitely see that you are using a VPN. anyone familiar with web security knows this.

try going to hackforums.net on any VPN or Proxy. they will straight up block you.

HOW MUCH they care is debatable

JamesNorth101 05-18-2016 12:25 PM

That would be more to do with the IP range that is being used.

Not all VPNs would get blocked by hackforums.net

skrzat123 05-18-2016 02:11 PM

I'm pretty certain that Paypal asseses the risk based on the IP, if they detect it as a VPN or Proxy. I'm using public VPN and have always problems sending money, and basically with eeverything.

Play 05-18-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skrzat123 (Post 772422)
I'm pretty certain that Paypal asseses the risk based on the IP, if they detect it as a VPN or Proxy. I'm using public VPN and have always problems sending money, and basically with eeverything.

There's your problem. Public VPN. The same IP used by a lot of people for the wrong things. Your basically sharing the internet with them. Makes sense for paypal to cause problems.

Use a Private VPN. Static/Dedicated IP. That will take away a lot of your problems.

JamesNorth101 05-18-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skrzat123 (Post 772422)

Again that is due to the IP / IP range being used

A public VPN will have been abused

tim348 10-13-2018 04:43 PM

This makes no sense as paypal specifically states you CAN NOT Use a VPN. so why does everybody say its ok?

nickopedia 10-13-2018 06:50 PM

Regardless of the technology used to connect to any given network (VPN/SOCKS/PROXY/WIFI etc) PayPal just looks at the IP range. They don't care HOW you make the connection; they are just concerned about the IP range.

For example if you setup a VPN server on your own home broadband then used that same VPN to connect to it, PayPal would see you were on your home connection even though it was a VPN.

People need to stop saying PayPal doesn't allow VPN's as that has nothing to do with the IP address (network) that VPN is connected to.

Some people here make their own VPN's using server IP's with their own networks so they don't have to use the VPN companies own (possibly tainted/blacklisted) IP ranges.