eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PAYPAL Closed Account + Removed Bank - Can Paypal Get Their Money? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/95750-paypal-closed-account-removed-bank-can-paypal-get-their-money.html)

TimLampen 04-22-2016 11:11 AM

PAYPAL Closed Account + Removed Bank - Can Paypal Get Their Money?

Hey guys,

I recently sold an item with the price of $1500, the buyer then decided to charge back and won the dispute. Before the dispute opened I removed my bank account and closed the paypal account. The account was under my name, but false last name (mothers maiden name) as well as the correct address. Can paypal get my money? Is there anything I have to do before the dispute closes to insure that they dont?

Thanks,
Tim

pennslmmer 04-22-2016 07:20 PM

Re: PAYPAL Closed Account + Removed Bank - Can Paypal Get Their Money?

What was the time frame between the date that the item delivered and the date you closed your paypal account?

slokor 04-22-2016 09:30 PM

Technically speaking theres nothing they can do so since the bank account is closed meaning the have nothing to charge.
Not sure what happens now that the paypal account is closed though. I doubt they'll re-open the account. Instead they'll probably try to pass it on to their collections agency (3rd party) to try to collect but since its on a stealth name (kinda sorta) they wont be able to do so - especially if the phone number on the account is NOT your real number. Please say that you were smart enough to at least not have your real phone number on there...

nohnoh 04-22-2016 09:40 PM

well, they have your (real) address ....

slokor 04-22-2016 09:55 PM

But not his real name. No way to prove it was actually him who owned the account.

TimLampen 04-23-2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennslmmer (Post 764971)
What was the time frame between the date that the item delivered and the date you closed your paypal account?

Item delivered after the account was closed

TimLampen 04-23-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 764978)
Technically speaking theres nothing they can do so since the bank account is closed meaning the have nothing to charge.
Not sure what happens now that the paypal account is closed though. I doubt they'll re-open the account. Instead they'll probably try to pass it on to their collections agency (3rd party) to try to collect but since its on a stealth name (kinda sorta) they wont be able to do so - especially if the phone number on the account is NOT your real number. Please say that you were smart enough to at least not have your real phone number on there...

The bank account is not closed, I removed the bank from the paypal account.

The phone number is one that I USED (it is not active anymore, was used ~ two years ago)

GreenBean 04-24-2016 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 764982)
But not his real name. No way to prove it was actually him who owned the account.

But make life miserable sending letters in his Mother's maiden name to a real address....

Need to consider that.

Also, depending on the bank, paypal might pull funds from that closed account sending it into overdraft.

That must be considered sensibly.

:deadhorse:

slokor 04-24-2016 12:54 AM

If the bank account is closed they will not be able to pull funds out of it - they'll get an error message telling them its a closed account.

GreenBean 04-24-2016 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimLampen (Post 764885)
Hey guys,

I recently sold an item with the price of $1500, the buyer then decided to charge back and won the dispute. Before the dispute opened I removed my bank account and closed the paypal account. The account was under my name, but false last name (mothers maiden name) as well as the correct address. Can paypal get my money? Is there anything I have to do before the dispute closes to insure that they dont?

Thanks,
Tim

slokor,

Reread what the OP says.

He appears to be asking how to walk away from not doing a deal in the expected way.
First poster should be aware of correct procedures.
:noidea:

slokor 04-24-2016 03:25 AM

I agree.
Im going on good faith here that OP is not scamming and answering his question based on that assumption.
But I agree with you GB - the whole thing sounds very fishy...

GreenBean 04-24-2016 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 765183)
If the bank account is closed they will not be able to pull funds out of it - they'll get an error message telling them its a closed account.

He already stated the account is NOT closed though.

Hence why I replied regarding paypal actions.

:peace:

rsot 04-24-2016 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 765194)
I agree.
Im going on good faith here that OP is not scamming and answering his question based on that assumption.
But I agree with you GB - the whole thing sounds very fishy...

Same here - if indeed not a scam though, chargeback is annoying as h*ll to fight back.

I think the OP knows all that he needs to know by now.

TimLampen 04-24-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 765213)
Same here - if indeed not a scam though, chargeback is annoying as h*ll to fight back.

I think the OP knows all that he needs to know by now.

Yea I know I sound really sus, I sold him shoes and he then took pictures of a different shoe box and sent them to PayPal. What really pissed me off is that I have been doing this for a couple of years but PayPal still didnt trust me.

The last question I had was that my bank account is not closed, but the bank account was removed from PayPal before I closed the account. Do I have to tell my bank anything?

TimLampen 04-24-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 765198)
He already stated the account is NOT closed though.

Hence why I replied regarding paypal actions.

:peace:

I have no idea how to multi quote, read the above reply (thanks)