eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can PayPal reverse a Withdrawal to a Credit Card (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/98437-can-paypal-reverse-withdrawal-credit-card.html)

mophie 08-04-2016 03:56 PM

Can PayPal reverse a Withdrawal to a Credit Card

I don't think this question has been asked before.

But can PP reversed/canceled a withdrawal made to a Credit Card. Not to be confused with a Refund.

I know ACH in the US for example; once a withdrawal is 'completed', PayPal can't really canceled the payment. But for those countries were they can only disburse to a Credit/Debit card, could they cancel and has anyone experience this before.

Thank you ahead, willing to give Other stealth options a try.

william7878 08-04-2016 07:17 PM

Re: Can PayPal reverse a Withdrawal to a Credit Card

Once its shows status as 'completed' it cannot be reversed either

mophie 08-04-2016 08:19 PM

I've read somewhere that they can be reversed as oppose to ACH, but I can quite remember where. I want to buy the relodable vcc and try it on stealth.

JavierAlonsoMartin 08-05-2016 04:33 AM

They cannot *reverse* the withdrawal, but they can take money from your with-drawable credit card as if it was a normal one, if needed. Which on practice is the same thing, in different words.

I am using the VCC method for withdrawals, and I once had this problem that a customer charged back, leaving my Paypal at an almost negative balance. Then eBay wanted to charge it's fees, and so the money came from my VCC to which I withdrew the money before. I am not 100% sure but I believe that if your PayPal balance becomes negative, PayPal will also use your CC to fund the balance.

That's the main difference with a bank account, where by default they cannot take any money without your explicit authorization, so your money is safer there.

rsot 08-05-2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierAlonsoMartin (Post 790686)
I am not 100% sure but I believe that if your PayPal balance becomes negative, PayPal will also use your CC to fund the balance.

Yes they can - and any bank account on file - the order in which they "use" depends on your preferences

JavierAlonsoMartin 08-05-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 790698)
Yes they can - and any bank account on file - the order in which they "use" depends on your preferences

I don't believe they can do that with a bank account, at least not in Europe.

I had many cases where I withdrew money to my Spanish bank right before I sensed a ****storm coming, and my account went negative. And they didn't use the bank accounts money to fund it.

Furthermore I still have many limited negative accounts with bank attached, and have money safely stored in those bank accounts.

I believe you need to accept some contract first before you allow them to access your bank. When you want to pay with bank using PayPal they show you that thing.

mophie 08-05-2016 09:55 AM

Very interesting, I could see ebay charging it's fees, but PayPal withdrawing money from a credit card, could be a lot more troubling.

I hear some of these deposits take 2 - 30 days before the issuer bank post them. Would take PayPal considerable amount of time to charge a debit card not knowing for sure those funds hit their account holders balance. Therefore, quite hard for PP to get into your card, unless you gave it permission, you attached your card, but I'm pretty sure, you could only reload/resolve your balance through an US Bank account attached.

Which like JavierAlonsoMartin said is not really possible unless you give some sort of authorization.