up to date free phone forwarding? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 11-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default up to date free phone forwarding?

hey guys, i was told recently that ebay/paypal had caught on with ringcentral numbers and they no loner work.. i have read other threads about free forwarding numbers etc but there always seems to be some kind of catch to all the methods or they are out of date and no longer work.. can anyone tell me an up to date method that i can get free temporary phone numbers to forward to my mobile? or is the only way to actually pay a little? thankyou
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

there are no free landlines - needed to make a seller account, the cheapest landline will be voip.

If you mean just a contact number for them to call you on, there are free mobile/845 type numbers there are free ones out there, loads of companies, there are catches though, the call cost is high, thats how they make their money, the number is free to you to redirect as you wish, its just that sometimes an ebay call will not go through to a premium rate line..

I suggest voip, or even easier a dual sim mobile, direct a couple of accounts there, any old phones you have lying around (Ive got tons of the bricks!) stick in a new sim , after all you dont have to answer it, it just has to take a message, and you should check it occasionally.
Old 11-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

yeah i actually have a dual sim card phone.. so can i just order loads of sim cards and use each for each verification? but i understood that ebay dont allow mobile numbers.. am i not right in saying that? thanks oompa
Old 11-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

no, not my meaning....I didnt know from your OP what you needed phone number for

to make seller account, get voip, if you want cheapest landline...

if you want just a contact number for ebay as an extra, or you want to cancel voip after making the seller account, then you can go for a mobile, so a dual mobile can cater for 2 ebay accounts....

forum advice is to keep your original landline open and active, for contact, or future verification issues, this is fine if you have only a few ebays, if you have alot, then the second option is ok for all or some of your accounts. It depends, you can build the £2.99a month per account in to your margin, its not alot if you think about it. I have hardly ever had a call though, so it depends on if you sell risky stuff they may want to contact you over or a buyer may want to contact you, request your details, and if they get a dead line, they may report you to ebay who may limit your account and look at you closer...