Burner app? For android or iphone - disposable phone numbers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 09-26-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Burner app? For android or iphone - disposable phone numbers

Has anyone used the burner app for android? You have to buy credits but its dirt cheap... Like $8.99 for 90 minutes on a number that will last 60 days...

You can choose whatever number you want for your number.. You can send AND receive calls to this "burner" number by forwarding to your cell.... Once the number expires there is no trace it ever existed...

I'm very interested to know if anyone has used this, or heard of it working? I don't see why not, although I don't think it will allow for receiving text messages, would this be a problem?

Does our stealth number HAVE to be able to receive text messages?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Burner app? For android or iphone - disposable phone numbers

I keep my phone numbers active for the life of the account.

Never use this type of service.

Old 09-28-2013
Threadstarter  

May i ask why you say never to use something like this?

Seems to me it would be pretty similar, if not the same as using any other phone forwarding service, or Google Voice for that matter?

I have read that most people in the US use GV and have had much success. I found out, with the burner app you CAN in fact receive and send text messages with the forwarded number.

I have tested it myself just calling a friend, and the number I chose showed up as the caller ID, and there was no weird messages/tones or anything to suggest it wasn't anything other than a regular phone number.

Same with receiving calls on the forwarded number, it just acts like a normal phone from the callers end.

Really interested to hear why you are so against this service. Google voice still works, right? Would i be better off using GV for my paypal and eb stealth contact phone?
Old 09-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Google voice still works but it's always nice to have a variety of tools to use
Old 09-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthyStealth View Post
Has anyone used the burner app for android? You have to buy credits but its dirt cheap... Like $8.99 for 90 minutes on a number that will last 60 days...
Please read again what I said.

I keep a phone number active for the life of the account. My accounts last longer than 60 days.

I do not risk having an account without a working phone number.

paypal/ebay will suspend accounts if the phone number is inactive.

My choice is to prevent as many issues as I can. An active phone is one less concern for me.
Old 10-01-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I use textplus , that way I can get a new phone number right away. And as long as u use it every month u can keep the number, I look at it like a VBA , it is a good temporary solution , ur able to receive the 4 digit text from ebay when turning into a seller account there is also ways to get free minutes and when I first started creating accounts I always got that initial mc999 and had to call in and I would call in with the textplus number and got reinstated everytime

Now that I know more what I'm doing I haven't got hit with a new account mc999 in 5 months, so I use the textplus to get the code and than when the account is up and running I get a cheap virgin mobile or tracfone
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (10-03-2013), Gman91189 (04-01-2014), gonzoman (12-17-2013), kittylove (10-03-2013), kkkng (05-11-2014), outofluck (08-11-2014), tilpatin (05-16-2014)
Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 63%

Text+ is a perfect service for this, you can even use it to call and its free, all you would need to do is watch some ads for some credit
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Please read again what I said.

I keep a phone number active for the life of the account. My accounts last longer than 60 days.

I do not risk having an account without a working phone number.

paypal/ebay will suspend accounts if the phone number is inactive.

My choice is to prevent as many issues as I can. An active phone is one less concern for me.
You are able to renew any number past it's 60 day expiration. You can keep a number forever if u want to.... Just keep it alive.. But the option is there to completely let the number self dispose after 60 days as well...
Old 10-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

@Stealthy'

Your opening post makes little suggestion to that. 'Burner' implies disposable. It may also be a service where numbers are burned by others & thus trouble for stealth.
Old 10-04-2013

These serves are great but u eventually need a working phone at all times like GreenBean stated. These VOIP work great to initially open an account but once it gets going get a working dedicated line
Old 10-05-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I use textplus , that way I can get a new phone number right away. And as long as u use it every month u can keep the number, I look at it like a VBA , it is a good temporary solution , ur able to receive the 4 digit text from ebay when turning into a seller account there is also ways to get free minutes and when I first started creating accounts I always got that initial mc999 and had to call in and I would call in with the textplus number and got reinstated everytime
PayPal cannot seem to send an activation code to text+ numbers. Im not sure if its just me. I doubt it though.
Old 10-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
PayPal cannot seem to send an activation code to text+ numbers. Im not sure if its just me. I doubt it though.
Been a few reports.

Wait for a response by Dmshark25.

He is on the mark with Text + information.

Good Luck
Old 10-05-2013

Longevity: 64%

Text+, TextNow can confirm no receipt of activation code.
Old 10-05-2013

What do u mean paypal activation code??

Text plus is great to open your ebay account and to receive a call or text with the activation code when u convert ebay to a seller account, almost every account I use this as my number and get ebay to text the activation code, works everytime.

And if you do get that initial MC999 works great to call in and speak to an ebay Rep.

Now when Paypal asks for a number I use the same textplus number except I don't label it as a mobile number , I label it as a home number.

I have accounts 10 months old still setup like this. As long as u have a home number your fine, even though they ask for a mobile it's not required.

So if u label the text+ number in Paypal as home number than your good to go.

Every papal account I have is created like this, and since stealth I haven't had any problems with Paypal being limited or anything

Why put in a mobile number , unless you want to send funds using ur cell phone or get texts with ur balance, this things have no use for me
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Dynasty (10-06-2013), glacier922 (04-01-2014), gonzoman (12-17-2013), I3dev (03-07-2014), rsot (10-07-2013), unkown5454 (10-06-2013)
Old 12-17-2013

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post

Now that I know more what I'm doing I haven't got hit with a new account mc999 in 5 months, so I use the textplus to get the code and than when the account is up and running I get a cheap virgin mobile or tracfone
Thanks for the valuable information. I am thinking of getting about 8 tracfones to work with my new stealths. I saw in their website that you can change a number 4 times a year. Do you know if tracfone gives hard time changing your number in case the stealth gets burned? If it is not a big deal I might as well start my accounts with tracfone from the beginning. Also, how long do you let the account run with TEXT+ before you change the phone number to tracfone/virgin etc.?
Old 03-07-2014

Longevity: 58%

I used TEXT+ to verify my paypal mobile phone number but never received nor SMS nor call.
Is Burner capable of verifying paypal?
The Following User Says Thank You to I3dev For This Useful Post:
Lolitax (03-15-2014)
Old 03-18-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post

This is what issue I'm having at this point.
I can get calls & texts from everyone but ebay

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-19-2014 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillboss View Post
Have you set up in the way that DMShark25 outlined?

ps STOP SHOUTING in upper case. Bad manners

Old 03-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillboss View Post
VOIP s like text plus are a good temporary solution for phone numbers, I start all my accounts with them, and than I'll switch over to a prepaid phone usually once the account makes it to 90 days

Text-plus app is one of the few if only VoIP app that will accept the 4 digit short code from eBay when creating a seller account, which I like, because receiving the code thru a call is sometimes tricky and if you do not have a strong signal and not close to the router almost impossible, so getting the code texted to you from eBay use Textplus

Now with paypal , the code will not go thru , but they only send the code to verify that it is your mobile number, that is if u want to send and receive money with your mobile device
I personally have no use for this, and it is not a necessity to own a cell phone to have a paypal account , paypal pushes this because they want to grow there business, but for my purposes it is not needed so I use the same number that I used for eBay and put that in my paypal but label it as a home number not a mobile and the verification is bypassed

Also, after if verify my beat account with Text plus, if I need to call in eBay for any reason, say a mc999 or whatever on a new account , I'll make another number from a VoIP app called Line 2, the reason this app comes in handy when u call toll free numbers , and the eBay numbers are all toll free, u do not need to purchase any minutes, or watch videos or download anything for free minutes, it's ready to go.

And I keep all the numbers the same , if I use "line 2" app u don't need to put that in and take out the text plus number that u registered just keep that in and when u call use the code given which will validate ur account and have the Textplus number and all stealth info handy , they may ask it for security purposes
Old 04-01-2014

I currently use the Burner app and extend the duration of the number for a year at a time. Normally a years worth of activity (to my knowledge) costs $100. This costs half of that
Old 04-01-2014

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%

there is also an app called TextME that is good
as to the paypal cerification code, sometimes you need that to withdraw money from the account after the 180 days, and if the original number on the account is not good anymore all you have to do is add a new phone number to the account and you could receive the phone call
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gman91189 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-28-2014), rsot (04-09-2014), unclejj (10-08-2014)
Old 04-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Appreciate the tip Gman - US only numbers?