Duty Import Max Amount Question: How much? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 12-23-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Exclamation Duty Import Max Amount Question: How much?

Hey guys I have a question for everyone who imports goods from China to the US for selling on stealth accounts, either on a weekly or monthly basis. I plan on using DHL Express for shipment and was just wondering what is the max import duty and fees until you pay? I heard anything under $200, $250, $800 tax free? I am a bit confused on this topic. If anyone knows more about the topic and the specific amount I would appreciate it thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Duty Import Max Amount Question: How much?

bump anyone know this answer please? I am sure the majority of people on here, if not tons of users import goods from china for resale. Thanks!
Old 12-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

You can try one deal to see how much they will charge you.Usually you can ask your supplier to mark it low value as samples,and then you will not charged too much.
Old 12-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Firstly, you need the stealth guide.

Secondly, its after the xmas holiday for some and STILL is sunday for a lot of us. Its a free forum and we answer when we can.

Thirdly, your questions are falling EXTREMELY close to the count'erfeit line. And no one here is going to help you cross it.

You need to either read around the forum OR experiment and see what works for you as far as you paying fees or getting caught and having feds knock down your door.

Good luck either way
and happy holidays.
Im going back to the family room.
Old 12-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
Firstly, you need the stealth guide.

Secondly, its after the xmas holiday for some and STILL is sunday for a lot of us. Its a free forum and we answer when we can.

Thirdly, your questions are falling EXTREMELY close to the count'erfeit line. And no one here is going to help you cross it.

You need to either read around the forum OR experiment and see what works for you as far as you paying fees or getting caught and having feds knock down your door.

Good luck either way
and happy holidays.
Im going back to the family room.
Firstly, I have read the stealth guide and currently operating stealth accounts successfully.

Secondly, I have read around the forums, and have not found the answers specifically to the questions I've asked, hence why I asked them to hopefully get a better understanding from members on here.

Thirdly, every question I have asked hasn't come close to importing counterfeits. I am not interested in importing counterfeits, and my questions have clearly laid that out. I ask those questions in hope for other members to have input or experience with either generic items, and what they have experienced with duty fees from imports. There's nothing wrong in asking these questions.

The whole point of these forums are for everyone to gain knowledge on various subjects and share knowledge and experience for others to hopefully implement and benefit from. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gammzy98 For This Useful Post:
easy.bake.oven (12-26-2016)
Old 12-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Congrats, with the 15 posts and no stealth guide listed on your name.

You are rushing for an answer when MOST of us are on holiday.

Branding from nintendo? Ok With the raised imprinting and shape of the cartridges. Its been done and yes, they get seized for trademark infringement. Hence counterfeit. Unless you get permission from them (Nintendo) you importing from china will only end in heartache.

You are right, The forum is here to help. but not to push the illegal trading questions or skirt around them which has been done before.
If you have to ask if you could/should import them due to them being 'similar' to the trademark and logo then you probably shouldn't.
Old 12-26-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven
Cool Re: Duty Import Max Amount Question: How much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
Congrats, with the 15 posts and no Stealth Guide listed on your name.
I have no Stealth Guide listed on my name but I have previously purchased it and read it.
Just because I do not have the logo next to my name does not mean I have not purchased it in the past.

Also, some people like me do not celebrate Christmas and New Years because of what has happened in the past so not everyone is on holiday/well wishing mode.

Saying that, have a great one over the festive period X
Old 12-26-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven
Wink Re: Duty Import Max Amount Question: How much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammzy98 View Post
Hey guys I have a question for everyone who imports goods from China to the US for selling on stealth accounts, either on a weekly or monthly basis. I plan on using DHL Express for shipment and was just wondering what is the max import duty and fees until you pay? I heard anything under $200, $250, $800 tax free? I am a bit confused on this topic. If anyone knows more about the topic and the specific amount I would appreciate it thanks!
I am in UK so my answer is prob of no use but here it goes:

Once I ordered some electronic gauges for my car from US.
They arrived but were held at my local DHL delivery office.
They messaged me to say I had to come in and pay tax/import duty of £75.
The 5 small items I ordered initially only cost £250 and I though I got a good deal, but after the import duty, I was not happy.

Now my story is one from UK so may not apply to you.
Old 12-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven View Post
I have no Stealth Guide listed on my name but I have previously purchased it and read it.
Just because I do not have the logo next to my name does not mean I have not purchased it in the past.

Also, some people like me do not celebrate Christmas and New Years because of what has happened in the past so not everyone is on holiday/well wishing mode.

Saying that, have a great one over the festive period X
I thought it was automatic and That it usually popped up after purchase. Ill eat the error on that then.

Ive seen sites where the guide was taken as an obvious rip for download for free and such along with the questioning about the foofoos. jumped the gun.

Thank you for the wishes and I hope it was not a bad period for you and wish you well.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
easy.bake.oven (12-26-2016)
Old 12-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven View Post
I am in UK so my answer is prob of no use but here it goes:

Once I ordered some electronic gauges for my car from US.
They arrived but were held at my local DHL delivery office.
They messaged me to say I had to come in and pay tax/import duty of £75.
The 5 small items I ordered initially only cost £250 and I though I got a good deal, but after the import duty, I was not happy.

Now my story is one from UK so may not apply to you.
Alright thanks for the information I appreciate it!