Customs seized package after delivery attempt and are saying the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 07-09-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default Customs seized package after delivery attempt and are saying the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗

I ordered a Chanel branded wallet from a very reputable reseller in Singapore. Reputation based on client references. DHL even attempted to deliver the package but I was not at home at the time. When the package went back to DHL it was seized by US customs and when I called to ask why it was seized, the officer said it was not authentic and that I would receive a letter in 4-6 weeks.

I've been in contact with the seller and she maintains that the item is authentic. The item was packaged with the receipt and authenticity card.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't know what was in the package. Maybe the seller did a bait and switch? I am wondering if it is possible to get pictures from US customs of the product so that I can send the pictures to an authentication service or just to see if the seller sent what was pictured in the sale posting.

Thank you for your time.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Customs seized package after delivery attempt and are saying the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗

Why bother taking chances?
The government is telling you it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. That's all the info you need to open a case and get your money back and buy the item you want from a proper seller - preferably NOT on ebay this time where the sale of such items that are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is so common.
Let the seller deal with the authorities and try to convince them it is authentic - that's not your fight.
Old 07-10-2018
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Customs seized package after delivery attempt and are saying the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Why bother taking chances?
The government is telling you it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. That's all the info you need to open a case and get your money back and buy the item you want from a proper seller - preferably NOT on ebay this time where the sale of such items that are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is so common.
Let the seller deal with the authorities and try to convince them it is authentic - that's not your fight.
Unfortunately, this sale was not on ebay and I used transferwise to pay.
Old 07-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod12160 View Post
Yikes - definitely will need to follow-up with your seller and customs
Old 07-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

They are not going to send you a picture

How did you find the seller and what makes you sure it’s real? When it comes to high price branded items you buy the seller not the item
Old 07-11-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
They are not going to send you a picture

How did you find the seller and what makes you sure it’s real? When it comes to high price branded items you buy the seller not the item
Seller came with high reviews on Instagram and Facebook.

I found these forums when I was searching on how to proceed. I hope there is something I can do. I have yet to receive the letter in the mail.
Old 07-11-2018

Longevity: 73%

Seller is responsible to get you the item - you don’t have the item.

Doesn’t matter why. Go get your money back.
Old 07-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Did you fund the transfer with a credit card? If so, contact the credit card.
Old 07-11-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Did you fund the transfer with a credit card? If so, contact the credit card.
I did not...I used the transferwise app (bank transfer) to try and save on paypal fees.

Dam...I feel like such an idiot!
Old 07-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I did not...I used the transferwise app (bank transfer) to try and save on paypal fees.

Dam...I feel like such an idiot!
Happens but now need to force communication with your seller - what is he/she saying?
Old 07-11-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Happens but now need to force communication with your seller - what is he/she saying?
She's tried contacting customs as well, but they told her that they will only deal with the importer (a.k.a me). She maintains that the item is authentic.

It doesn't look like I can do much in regards to filing a claim or petition to get the item from customs not until I get that letter in the mail.

I have tried to look up this event on the forfeitures.gov website but nothing pops up in the search, which a friend of mine thinks is weird because it should show something by now. It was suggested that I file a complaint with DHL, but I don't know what good that will do.
Old 07-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I want to point out a few things. The seller may very well believe it is authentic and it is quite possible it did come from the factory that makes the item for the OEM.

That does not mean it is sold in a manner in which it is deemed authentic.

Unless your seller has invoices from the OEM or a distributor that proves beyond any doubt it came from the OEM, your item is not authentic in the eyes of USA law.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
inkidiot (07-13-2018), Yasav (07-26-2018)
Old 07-22-2018

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%

something is missing here-
you said you are not home ad the shipment goes back to DHL.
DHL US office will try to redeliver to you,why is it turned over to US Customs?
It has cleared customs the first time,
Unless days have past and DHL did not hear from you so they are returning the package back to the seller in Singapore.
Are you trying to avoid customs duty?by not picking up the package?
Also I doubt US customs will bother to examine and bag and find it not authentic.
it passed the mustard the first time
we need more information
Old 07-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

^^ That's off by a bit. Ad hoc customs inspections are common and can occur at any point up to delivery. If a DHL delivery driver thinks a package looks suspicious they can delay delivery and send the shipment back to customs for a better inspection. There have been numerous reports of that exact scenario playing out here on this forum.

The shipment may have "passed the mustard the first time" but it apparently hasn't passed the mustard the second time.

Quote:
Also I doubt US customs will bother to examine and bag and find it not authentic.
Catching incoming counterfeits is one of the primary responsibilities of US customs. Why do you doubt they would examine merchandise to find out if it's counterfeit? It's what they do.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
^^ That's off by a bit. Ad hoc customs inspections are common and can occur at any point up to delivery. If a DHL delivery driver thinks a package looks suspicious they can delay delivery and send the shipment back to customs for a better inspection. There have been numerous reports of that exact scenario playing out here on this forum.

The shipment may have "passed the mustard the first time" but it apparently hasn't passed the mustard the second time.
I didn't know that happened in the US. Wow
Old 07-22-2018

Longevity: 46%

I feel for you, I really do. My package has gotten seized, but different reasons. They weren't content at how I handled it either. I had a friend literally **** in a box, and send it over and customs opened it, cause I know how much FedEx loves sending packages coming into Canada to Canada Customs and slapping duties on.. Needless to say, when they called, I laughed, they didn't take it well when I didn't take it seriously and told them I intentionally had that done. Unfortunately, not a crime, so no charges.
Old 08-10-2019

Longevity: 61%

hello,
sorry I am new here, can I know why the word f a k e is replaced in title or when we try to write it anywhere ? anything else that I should not say ? thanks a lot

Customs seized package after delivery attempt and are saying the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗
Old 08-14-2019

yes,words like ⊗⊗⊗⊗,counterfeit and foul words are replaced
Old 08-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
I ordered a Chanel branded wallet from a very reputable reseller in Singapore. ........
You aren't going to get authentic Chanel (or any other brand for that matter) items from Singapore. Anything coming from that general area is either a factory second or it's a knock off. Even if you think the seller is reputable and it should be safe, odds are it's not and the seller might not even know. If you want authentic, you have to buy from a US or UK seller.
Old 08-14-2019

It must be the CONTENT description which draw attention,US customs do have experts they can call on ,experts who know jade from non jade,ivory from resin,gold,silver and designer this and designer that.
This may be off topic,but once I imported some porcelain items from Germany,my vendor shipped Deutsche Post which usually passes onto USPS,but for this shipment,Fed Exp delivered ,the driver walked into my living room,and glanced over my coffee table loaded with collectibles I sell on Ebay carefully!
I should have asked if he wants to buy a piece from me !
Old 08-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
You aren't going to get authentic Chanel (or any other brand for that matter) items from Singapore. Anything coming from that general area is either a factory second or it's a knock off. Even if you think the seller is reputable and it should be safe, odds are it's not and the seller might not even know. If you want authentic, you have to buy from a US or UK seller.
she said it is a very reputable seller!!!!!!!!!!!
But I agree,there are not too many dept stores or any retail stores which sell Chanel products.
Years ago there is an Ebay seller who sell Chanel items on Ebay and she was shut down,she showed her credit card receipts showing she bought them in a Paris boutique,she claimed she and her family took vacation in Paris each year and these are end of season sales ,they are brand new and they just keep listing and listing !!
Chanel costume jewelry is much sought after,esp those antique ones,they can go for 5 figures .
Then comes the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones,and it is believed they are coming from Korea.
Old 10-24-2019

Longevity: 40%

Just move on you dont want to attract governemtn attention