eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   DHL. Mext Step: Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the importer (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/138781-dhl-mext-step-clearance-will-proceed-after-receiving-instructions-importer.html)

FeroCas 09-05-2020 11:03 PM

DHL. Mext Step: Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the importer

Hi! Ford post in this forum for me. I’ve been waiting on a shipment coming from Netherlands into the US. It’s a kind of pricy pair of shoes (branded).
The las activity starts the LA Gateway reads “Clearance Event” with Further Detail reading: A DHL Representative will contact importer prior to clearance processing.
And Next Step reading:
Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the importer. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL.

I called DHL imports department and they told me that in this case the importer is the company where I bought the shoes from and they need to send additional information.
Was she correct? Can the shipper be the importer? To my understanding I would be the importer as I paid for the product but I’m new to this... could this be something related to the price of the shoes?
Can someone help me clarify this? I wouldn’t want the package to be sent back to the shipper because of a DHL rep telling me I just needed to wait.
Thanks in advance!

teedon 09-15-2020 02:07 AM

Re: DHL. Mext Step: Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the impo

never heard this before,hopefully someone come out to give a tips ,wish you good luck

13obby 09-15-2020 02:58 AM

Re: DHL. Mext Step: Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the impo

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeroCas (Post 1113612)
Hi! Ford post in this forum for me. I’ve been waiting on a shipment coming from Netherlands into the US. It’s a kind of pricy pair of shoes (branded).
The las activity starts the LA Gateway reads “Clearance Event” with Further Detail reading: A DHL Representative will contact importer prior to clearance processing.
And Next Step reading:
Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the importer. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL.

I called DHL imports department and they told me that in this case the importer is the company where I bought the shoes from and they need to send additional information.
Was she correct? Can the shipper be the importer? To my understanding I would be the importer as I paid for the product but I’m new to this... could this be something related to the price of the shoes?
Can someone help me clarify this? I wouldn’t want the package to be sent back to the shipper because of a DHL rep telling me I just needed to wait.
Thanks in advance!

That’s correct from what I gather your the importer not sure why the rep is stating the shipper is the importer never heard of that before as it’s a branded item the shipper may have to confirm further details in relation to this like for example authenticity of the item etc if I were you I’d get on the phone again and ask them what exactly they want to confirm from the shipper.

agent006140 09-15-2020 06:28 AM

It sounds like they want to make sure these shoes are not knockoff?
and only the seller can prove otherwise