eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   Importing from china - customs! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/15952-importing-china-customs.html)

LOUCHIE 03-23-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 129974)
Its all about the seller in China. Some sellers just do not know what they're doing and your packages will be seized everytime. An experienced seller will know what documentation needs to be submitted and how to write it to get your items to you safely. ;)

I don't think it's that. I've had several packages shipped to other addresses, and not a single problem. However, when I use my own, I run into issues with customs.

Recherché 03-23-2010 02:16 PM

The mail forwarding service sounds good as your actual address isn't listed. However, would it not eventually come to the attention of customs the mail forwarding address? That is of course, if it changes. Also, I would think regardless of what address is on package, it would not make customs any less suspicious if it is too large.

Hercules 03-23-2010 03:12 PM

What I want to know is there any one hear had a order seized using UPS. UPS is all about speed, EMS is about making it to 5:00pm...they don't care if shipments get slowed by customs. If you use a forwarding address make the name on the boxes Wilma's Wigs Inc or Sally's Baby Hats LTD. Think Big, Act Small.

teedon 03-25-2010 11:14 PM

EMS is very slowly,but safely than UPS,if you shipping the not original products.Also if the packages get some problem with custom,and EMS will shipping the packages back to the sender without shipping charge

LOUCHIE 05-04-2010 12:29 AM

I just set up a private mail box with all my real info. I'm guessing this shouldn't be a problem because after the first custom seizure, I could just stop using. I've actually had several seizures using a residential address, and the worst that happened is they sent me a letter saying that within 3 weeks if I don't respond they'll destroy the products.

Should this be okay or will I be at any risk here?

madbrad 05-05-2010 05:04 PM

I've read on the forum that once they seize something they put your address on a watch list. From what i read it takes about 6 months to get on that list, but you might be getting in more trouble with them seizing your items later.

teedon 05-06-2010 12:24 AM

black list,just use other address .

arshavin 05-06-2010 05:01 PM

back in my old ebay days i used to import clothing and in most cases didnt have to pay import duty. My question is this because it was clothing or will this be the same for electrical goods also?

I have a feeling i will be taxed most of the time on electrical goods coming through.

teedon 05-07-2010 12:28 AM

it is same thing if you use the express shipping company,they will make the value to be low for pass custom.no matter your goods are clother or electrical products

incniu 05-28-2010 10:39 AM

USPS mail box is GOOD to receive goods.. Or local or UPS mail box is better..

I think DHL/UPS donot ship to POBOX.

ALSO, the worst case for the customs is "destroy the products"?

So then, you change your mailing address after one such case, right?

The chinese seller will refund or send again for fee, after customs destroy the goods?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOUCHIE (Post 136563)
I just set up a private mail box with all my real info. I'm guessing this shouldn't be a problem because after the first custom seizure, I could just stop using. I've actually had several seizures using a residential address, and the worst that happened is they sent me a letter saying that within 3 weeks if I don't respond they'll destroy the products.

Should this be okay or will I be at any risk here?

LOUCHIE 05-29-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incniu (Post 141346)
USPS mail box is GOOD to receive goods.. Or local or UPS mail box is better..

I think DHL/UPS donot ship to POBOX.

ALSO, the worst case for the customs is "destroy the products"?

So then, you change your mailing address after one such case, right?

The chinese seller will refund or send again for fee, after customs destroy the goods?

Customs sends your information to the manufacturer after a seizure.

slapped 05-29-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 129974)
Its all about the seller in China. Some sellers just do not know what they're doing and your packages will be seized everytime. An experienced seller will know what documentation needs to be submitted and how to write it to get your items to you safely. ;)

ABSOLUTLY CORRECT, BRAVO!!!

Some sellers also have "Special" arrangements with Certain DHL/FEDEX/UPS Employees.

teedon 05-31-2010 07:49 AM

not,they can not control us custom,they just have the experience for how to made the possiblity to be reduce.

slapped 05-31-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedon (Post 141949)
not,they can not control us custom,they just have the experience for how to made the possiblity to be reduce.

100% Correct at the end of the day No One in China can Control U.S. Customs, But like I said in a Previous Post some Sellers Can give you a better Odds for success.

teedon 06-02-2010 08:52 AM

yes,but if you have much experience to shipping ,and then you can reduce the possiblity for seized by us custom

kikicoco773 06-03-2010 10:06 AM

I use EMS imported shoes every time 10 pairs about 9 kg. Is anybody want YSL style real leather tribute too shoes? (no brand, dont worry about trademark violation)?

teedon 06-06-2010 04:55 AM

9KG is safely for clear custom.

eternalny 06-09-2010 10:42 AM

Thank you all for all the valuable Info.

trig 06-09-2010 03:13 PM

CORRECT!

I'll add a couple things:

1. If your order is over 100 pounds or so, have your shipper send some one day and then some the next day.

2. Use different addresses!

3. Use DHL! Express if possible.

4. Make friends with your DHL guy! Tip him! ;)

5. Ask your supplier how long they've been doing this type of work. The ones that have been in it for a few years know how get the job done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 141495)
ABSOLUTLY CORRECT, BRAVO!!!

Some sellers also have "Special" arrangements with Certain DHL/FEDEX/UPS Employees.

teedon 06-17-2010 09:32 AM

yes,trig is showing good and useful info,but DHL is good for different countries,in some countries if you are using DHL,you will get a problem,just like taxes and import documents.just like south american,and italy .But dhl is good for usa and canada so far

EFIL4OREV 06-25-2010 04:16 AM

Any China wholesalers that are actually LEGIT! are all pretty pro at dealing with customs otherwise they dont last long. They want to keep your buissness!

a215bz 06-25-2010 06:06 AM

So as far as paying taxes go... exactly how does that work? When would they make you pay and could you get in trouble for not paying on previous orders in the usa. (under the condition you are getting shipments sent to multiple addresses)