Free Priority Mail Boxes - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 10-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderBites08 View Post
The postal service which is government owned has never reported a profit same with amtrak the train company. Only in the usa will you see "business" owned my the good USA never make any money and still be up and running...must be nice

I hope they keep them flat rate envelopes. They work really nice for many things
The post office is an Revenue-Neutral agency, Not a for-profit company like people think it is.

Basically there to make commerce easier which in turn makes our country stronger, etc. Its not a company that is expected to make profit at all. The business model isnt even set up to profit anything. Just a conduit to help commerce. Just like the subways of NY. They are the same. They are there to help the city and world operate easier. If that wasnt there then NY wouldnt be what it is at all Nor our country.

Just an FYI.

Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
The post office is an Revenue-Neutral agency, Not a for-profit company like people think it is.

Basically there to make commerce easier which in turn makes our country stronger, etc. Its not a company that is expected to make profit at all. The business model isnt even set up to profit anything. Just a conduit to help commerce. Just like the subways of NY. They are the same. They are there to help the city and world operate easier. If that wasnt there then NY wouldnt be what it is at all Nor our country.

Just an FYI.
Exactly. This is why you can ship a package and have it tracked for $1.75. Compare that to FedEx or UPS and you will be paying $12-15 minimum. If the USPS goes down (unlikely), then online sales will drop drastically due to everyone having to use price gauging off the other services.
Old 10-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post
A lot of people were. And using them for other things outside of postal activities. I usually only use the boxes as I ship since I have a very small operation compared to most. But, me living where I do, you come across it all the time. They use the boxes to throw out trash, pick up groceries, you name it! Especially people who were moving... "Hey, just pick up a few boxes from the post office and get a few rolls of tape too"

That was one big reason why they eliminated the free tape :/ It will suck to have to pay for boxes...
You can moan and groan about this all you want, and I completely understand your points. But, I have worked in retail all of my life and when you offer something that people can take for free and they don't use it in your store, you can't get all pissy at them about it. You offer it for free, so of course thousands of people will take advantage of it. You would be a complete dumbass to think any other way, especially when our economy still sucks.

If the post office can't handle it, then find another way to manage the distribution of these boxes. Which they did when they started stamping their logos on the inside of the boxes so people couldn't flip them inside out. But, then people just cover it up with paper.

Technically, when you pay for Priority, part of that cost is to cover the box costs. So, they are getting paid for in a slightly indirect way when people use the services properly.

Lastly, when you offer a product that anyone can order online 24/7 and have it shipped to their house all for FREE, don't sh*t your pants when people find other methods of use for them.
Old 10-25-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post
A lot of people were. And using them for other things outside of postal activities. I usually only use the boxes as I ship since I have a very small operation compared to most. But, me living where I do, you come across it all the time. They use the boxes to throw out trash, pick up groceries, you name it! Especially people who were moving... "Hey, just pick up a few boxes from the post office and get a few rolls of tape too"

That was one big reason why they eliminated the free tape :/ It will suck to have to pay for boxes...
Sorry, I get it now.

Band head on wall ---

Did not realize that the world is full of those who abuse something as simple as a box. In fact I have seen several priority mail boxes sitting at the curbs for trash pickup and did not realize that people were using new boxes to toss out trash and save money on trash bags.

Should have thought into it further.

Heck, my local goodwill was selling a case of the No. 4's for 3.99 at one time.
Someone had over ordered and sent them to goodwill and even goodwill was trying to turn it into cash.

Guess I need to look at selfish, greedy people more often to see this type of stuff.

Sorry TGMT for asking, I should have known.
Old 10-25-2011
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Sorry TGMT for asking, I should have known.
Ah, I hope you didn't think I was referring to you?

It's just ashamed that if more sellers concentrated on customer service and not focusing on the quick buck or getting over, eBay would be such a nicer place for everyone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (10-26-2011), jeffweico (10-25-2011), KingRay (10-25-2011), Sandy D (10-25-2011)
Old 10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post

Just an FYI.
I will respond to this after work. You are 100% correct.....but one issue with this.......
Old 10-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I will respond to this after work. You are 100% correct.....but one issue with this.......
Uh oh.......
Old 10-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Just an FYI... I get boxes in several sizes for about 46 cents each delivered to me, which I use for shipping. My source is PKGING.COM. I am not affiliated with them in any way, except as a customer, and make nothing if you order from them.

I wouldn't use the Priority mail boxes the way it is being discussed in this thread. NOT because I am such a great person and holier-than-thou, but because it looks bad to your customers. It's just downright tacky! It makes you look lilke a cheapskate.

This is just my opinion....

Last edited by jeffweico; 10-25-2011 at 08:58 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
TGMT² (10-25-2011), UnderBites08 (10-25-2011)
Old 10-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Working in any retail situation will show you the lengths cheap people will go to save a dollar. Everyday I/we deal with this- nothing amazes me anymore with society in general

Same everywhere.

One of our clients (by Australian standards) uber wealthy.

She has a back to base alarm with us.

Gets a quarterly account.

Postage in Australia is US.60c (converted rate).

Old chook WALKS two miles to pay for her account. No check but cash.

There's a big vegetable & fruit shop near our office. In the rear of the premises is a BIG disposal bin. Was a big fight there one afternoon. Owner's son going postal on someone in the bin.

Turned out it was his own father, going thro' the thrown out stuff to see if it could be cleaned up & sold.... rotten fruit & vegetables. Family is Scilian so you can imagine the argument.
Old 10-25-2011

"The US Postal Service would have shown a net profit of $76 million in April had it not been for the $458 million charge for future retiree health benefits (RHBTF) imposed by Congress"

This is one of the many many reasons america bailed out so many...A revenue neutral Agency/business is a complete joke. Congress lines their pockets and makes excuse after excuse. A business is a business revenue neutral or not. King ray thats like you making 1 million profit this quarter with your online sales, but spending 5 million on future vacations you might need. Makes no sense. America is a business. A country is a business and until we realize this well just pay more and more taxes...and the taxes will go to more revenue neutral agencies....aka a crock of shyt
The Following User Says Thank You to UnderBites08 For This Useful Post:
KingRay (11-05-2011)
Old 10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Same everywhere.

One of our clients (by Australian standards) uber wealthy.

She has a back to base alarm with us.

Gets a quarterly account.

Postage in Australia is US.60c (converted rate).

Old chook WALKS two miles to pay for her account. No check but cash.

There's a big vegetable & fruit shop near our office. In the rear of the premises is a BIG disposal bin. Was a big fight there one afternoon. Owner's son going postal on someone in the bin.

Turned out it was his own father, going thro' the thrown out stuff to see if it could be cleaned up & sold.... rotten fruit & vegetables. Family is Scilian so you can imagine the argument.
Sounds like the guy that drives 25 miles out the way to save the 5 cents per gallon on gas. Getting 14 mpg in his chevy. You really showed them this time.
Only good thing I see with your story is at least the chook walks...good exercise I suppose
Old 11-04-2011

Longevity: 77%

You can go safe as long as you DO NOT try to ship by Media Mail.

Good luck.
Old 11-05-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Just an FYI... I get boxes in several sizes for about 46 cents each delivered to me, which I use for shipping. My source is PKGING.COM. I am not affiliated with them in any way, except as a customer, and make nothing if you order from them.

I wouldn't use the Priority mail boxes the way it is being discussed in this thread. NOT because I am such a great person and holier-than-thou, but because it looks bad to your customers. It's just downright tacky! It makes you look lilke a cheapskate.

This is just my opinion....
I agree with you in most case but not this. Using USPS boxes make you look like a cheap skate?

Most buyers know that those boxes are free and hopefully understand that it is cost that is not added to the product, therefore a break for them.
Old 11-05-2011
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%

@Sandy ^^^

Jeff is referring to people who turn the boxes inside out or cover them in brown paper.

He is not referring to people who use them for their intended purpose.
Old 11-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
@Sandy ^^^

Jeff is referring to people who turn the boxes inside out or cover them in brown paper.

He is not referring to people who use them for their intended purpose.
Yes. In fact, when shipping via Prioority Mail, then I PREFER to use the USPS boxes. It eliminates any doubt that they received the priority service they requested.

I was talking about the practice of turning the boxes inside out and using them to send regular mail. The messge that sends is the seller is too cheap to pay for packaging and would rather cheat the system then pay a couple of dimes for a real box. In my opinion, it looks downright tacky. It makes me wonder what other corners are being cut.