USPS Tracking Wonky? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 11-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default USPS Tracking Wonky?

It seems like something is going on upo there in new york. i had a packaghe hit jfk on the 21st going through processing. the basic wording when it doesn't go into customs or bypasses customs. oddly... usually within 48 hours its here for delivery. Welll... not so much, i also had one hit yesterday early
morning
. No updates yet that its here for pickup, maybe their wording is wrong and tyhe items are actually in customs waiting for clearene? usually itll say inbound customs but im not seeing that... also many shipments from china are showing up on usps page as you cant track that on here, until they actually arrive in usa, this didnt happen before.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2011

Longevity: 74%

You might want to check on EMS website. Sometimes they are more accurate.

What is the exact wording on the USPS website? Just copy and paste.
Old 11-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Label number open-close link Show Details

Express Mail International®

Processed Through Sort Facility

November 21, 2011, x:xx am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

now i have a 21st and 27th saying same thing. The one from the 27th could of be delayed, we;ll see tomorrow. i wanna call jfk usps # i have the direct line to the guy who runs the place, but i dont wanna call if i dont need to.. heh
Old 11-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

This is perfectly normal. It's the holiday season, expect delays by the customs. All of my parcels shipped to the States waited for 8-10 business days in the customs.
Old 11-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

My concern is it doesn't say customs... inbound

fyi EMS china website says same thing.
Old 11-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

I have an EMS package that was supposed to be in London on the 24th. Still hasnt arrived. Have nothing to tell the buyer either but I sent it. I even offered to pay half the upgrade to help them out. I paid $16 of the shipping bill and hes pissed at me??
Old 11-29-2011

Longevity: 72%

I'm going through the same BS with my stuff, and I live in the midwest.
Old 11-29-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

slapzilla you also received same notice on tracking? I just received 2 packages today both same as on the 21st and they arrived like they were supposed to the following day, i called up the guy @ jfk and he said it could be in customs, or it could be on the way to me... and the airbill came out, but he says they usually scan them as undeliverable so he thinks its odd too... I don't think it's in customs, for all i know, it could of been stolen...

when i say like the 21st, i mean 1 came in on the 27th and one on the 28th in @jfk both arrived to me today
Old 11-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

They need to get this crap taken care of. I have very few out of several weeks worth of international pkgs not showing anything on the USPS site but acceptance scan. They get the pkgs but if I did have a problem ebay will go wtih what teh USPS site shows only.
Old 11-30-2011

Ok, here's my situation...

I decided to go with a different supplier JUST ONE TIME, in order to get some items that my regular supplier couldn't get to me anytime soon due to the items being out of stock at his warehouse.

I screened the **** out of this supplier, and all seemed well...

Took the ****ers over a week to finally send me a tracking number, which royally pissed me off, but whatever. I go to both USPS.com, or EMS.com, put in the tracking #, and nothing comes up. Get the standard message that the tracking number either doesn't exist or isn't in the system yet. This supplier sent me another email last night (cause needless to say I was bitching up a storm) saying my package shipped "several days ago", and when I asked "then why doesn't the tracking number you gave me show anything", the supplier replied saying "the system is updating so slow".

I'm going to call USPS at 8am when the phone lines open and talk to a live person and see what they can tell me about the tracking number. Not sure what else I can do other than sit, wait, and get angry...
Old 11-30-2011

ok, now the tracking info showed up.

Apparently the fkn supplier lied to me, and just shipped the package last night, not "several days ago".

Goes to show that finding a good supplier isn't easy. Like I said, I screened the piss outta this company before I placed my order. They convinced me they were solid, but they sucked after all.

ah well, live and learn.
Old 11-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Maybe your supplier handed over the goods to the shipping agent,not the shipping directly,so it may take 1 or two days delay.It is acceptable but if he try to lie you and he do not have goods in stock,it is bad supplier,why not kick him out at once?
Old 12-01-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappzilla View Post
ok, now the tracking info showed up.

Apparently the fkn supplier lied to me, and just shipped the package last night, not "several days ago".

Goes to show that finding a good supplier isn't easy. Like I said, I screened the piss outta this company before I placed my order. They convinced me they were solid, but they sucked after all.

ah well, live and learn.
better to learn a company sucks straight away rather than after a big order

always do a test purchase

but we can never ever be 100% confident,not just from china,from anywhere
Old 12-01-2011

^ I hear ya, but buying a big order is how I get the shipping waved. Still should have just ordered 1 to try them out though and just ponyed up the shipping cost. ah well, like I said, live and learn.

That's why I like these message boards. We can all post our experiences to help each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedon View Post
Maybe your supplier handed over the goods to the shipping agent,not the shipping directly,so it may take 1 or two days delay.It is acceptable but if he try to lie you and he do not have goods in stock,it is bad supplier,why not kick him out at once?
That's actually what said supplier told me via email last night (after I bitched them out). It's still BS because they told me 6-7 days from order I'd have the package. It's going to be 2+ weeks by the time I get it so F-them, I'm done with them.

As always, Teedon knows all. Thank you Teedon.

Goes to show how good my current supplier is I guess.
Old 12-01-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

yeah they should have it out within 48 hours......

they should do what they promise,simple
Old 12-01-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

ughhh wtf are they doing up there.. another hit on the 29th and is not here today. I AM SO annoyed... If another is lost, i am gonna be pissed. Another hit yesterday the 30th that should be tomorrow, i get that, but the 29th for an EMS should be delivered no latter than 2 days later.We pay EMS prices
Old 12-01-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

bitched too soon it hit here today from 29th im relieved even though they lost mine from the 21st
Old 12-19-2011

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
ughhh wtf are they doing up there.. another hit on the 29th and is not here today. I AM SO annoyed... If another is lost, i am gonna be pissed. Another hit yesterday the 30th that should be tomorrow, i get that, but the 29th for an EMS should be delivered no latter than 2 days later.We pay EMS prices
If your package contains nothing illegal then you prob WILL get it soon. Look at my package was sitting at the NY customs for 10 days and it just got cleared!!
Like someone said the Customs is having a crackdown in NY, so the only thing you can do right now is stay calm and keep checking the tracking status. The NY customs just want to make sure everyone in the States have a Happy Xmas. You will be fine.

Inbound Out of Customs December 19, 2011, 2:06 am
Inbound Into Customs December 09, 2011, 8:52 pm
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

FYI, this link tells us why EMS or other incoming International Mail takes so long to pass the customs.
USPS Mail Service Updates
Old 01-14-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Another situation had one hit january 10th and didn't arrive even today, my understanding is either theft is happening, or it's going into customs and they are not updating it.