eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   DHL Help "Shipment on Hold"???? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/43822-dhl-help-shipment-hold.html)

belleannah 03-12-2012 12:25 PM

DHL Help "Shipment on Hold"????

I had a package shipped via DHL. It made it through Cincinnati clearance processing already, and now it is at my local city. But it arrived in my local city last Monday, one week ago, and it has just said "Shipment on hold" ever since it arrived. What does this mean? And also, how do you find a contact number for the local warehouse? It's the Houston DHL warehouse. I can't seem to find it on their website.

Callidus 03-12-2012 12:59 PM

Shipment on hold - This means fees need to be paid on the box itself. It wouldnt get to your local depot if it had been seized by customs so dont worry about that.

Get your tracking number and go onto DH L epayments system. Not sure what the site is for the US but must be an epayments site for US customers.

belleannah 03-12-2012 01:34 PM

Looks like the epayments thing is only for UK customers. I don't see anything like that for US. It doesn't say anything about fees owed or anything on my tracking page. It just says Shipment on Hold. Doesn't say to contact them or anything. Frustrating since my package has just been sitting there for a week.

degsey69 03-12-2012 02:24 PM

Perhaps if you called DHL customer service with your tracking number they will tell you why its delayed.

Lets face it the worst that can happen is to be told its siezed by customs, so what, at least you will know.

subzero3001 03-12-2012 05:25 PM

I had the same situation. Bye bye package.

Recherché 03-12-2012 05:55 PM

Yep. I have the same thing at the Houston location. It has been "shipment on hold" since last Monday. I called DHL and representative said items won't be released until it is personally checked by customs. So to all 4 packages I have there, goodbye. I just have to wait until my seller can ship out again to different address since I had them insured.

jeffweico 03-12-2012 06:15 PM

Your package initially cleared customs, but they can - until it is actually delivered - pull it back. It happens.

It could also be something else, though. I would call DHL. It is the ONLY way you are going to find out what happened in a timely manner.

belleannah 03-13-2012 12:14 PM

I called them and they said the package is going to be physically inspected. So not sure if I will get my package or not.

If they seize my package, can I have another package delivered to the same address or will my address be a red flag to DHL? I don't have any other addresses.

jeffweico 03-13-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belleannah (Post 320865)
I called them and they said the package is going to be physically inspected. So not sure if I will get my package or not.

If they seize my package, can I have another package delivered to the same address or will my address be a red flag to DHL? I don't have any other addresses.

If the package contains anything that is trademarked or copyrighted, it is likely to be seized. If your items are legal, then it will just be delayed.

Recherché 03-13-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belleannah (Post 320865)

Yep, if copyrighted it will get seized. Time to look into mailbox rentals for new addresses. I just opened my fourth yesterday for $65 for 6 months. Get proactive.

subzero3001 03-13-2012 07:54 PM

For DHL; they can re-inspect and seize packages even after successful customs clearance. Anywhere at anytime.

For every address gone wrong with DHL; all other packages will end up in the same situation. Hold, inspected, seized, you name it.

Trust me on this one.

belleannah 03-13-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recherché (Post 320975)
Yep, if copyrighted it will get seized. Time to look into mailbox rentals for new addresses. I just opened my fourth yesterday for $65 for 6 months. Get proactive.

Where are you renting from, USPS, UPS, or a virtual one? Do you have the packages coming to your real name?

Recherché 03-13-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belleannah (Post 321048)
Where are you renting from, USPS, UPS, or a virtual one? Do you have the packages coming to your real name?

Some UPS stores, simple Mom & Pop stores that have mailboxes for rent (the BEST way to go since they charge $65 for 6 months AND you can have packages coming in your name or up to 4 business names). They are located just about anywhere on busy streets.

MM78 03-14-2012 12:06 AM

In Los Angeles there are many places that do P.O. Box rental, the cheapest I found is $11/month.

blueskyorders 07-31-2012 05:13 PM

yesterday,I got the same message on dhl website.I got the packages the next day.Guess shipment on hold by DHL is ok

unkown5454 07-31-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueskyorders (Post 364416)
yesterday,I got the same message on dhl website.I got the packages the next day.Guess shipment on hold by DHL is ok

They use it when the package has stopped moving until the next business day. For example, holidays and weekends when DHL does not operate. Has been talked about many times on the forum.

jayyjam 09-10-2012 11:27 AM

I saw that this morning on my shipment and I FREAKED specially after reading several of your posts. I called DHL and they advise me that the facility is holding it because Sender paid for economy shipping and is schedule to go out tomorrow.

unkown5454 09-10-2012 06:34 PM

^^^ Ha, that excuse cracks me up. They aren't the only ones who claim that packages arrive too fast. Like their service is just too awesome...

eblitz 09-02-2015 04:46 PM

Re: DHL Help "Shipment on Hold"????

Customs clearance is mainly done in bonded warehouse or hertz. This means it's held the stipulated amount of time after it arrives and checks in giving customs officers the opurtuninty to inspect the goods before delivery to customer. What generally can happen as I work in this industry.we collect it from the airline and deliver it after holding it an hour in the van instead of taking it back to DHL bonded warehouse for logging in, this gets more deliveries done.if you use Dhl and have an account this is common.if you are unknown and use them rarely or play it shady then I would expect it to be cleared standard...quickest safest way through is door to door, do not collect at airline and pay you then get sent to customs for clearance and they will come over and check the box.customs officers are not always on the ground at airlines in the warehouses. Use any name your address for delivery.

HurricaneHuntr 09-05-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 320511)
Shipment on hold - This means fees need to be paid on the box itself. It wouldnt get to your local depot if it had been seized by customs so dont worry about that.

Get your tracking number and go onto DH L epayments system. Not sure what the site is for the US but must be an epayments site for US customers.

That's simply not true. At least not all the time. In fact, the last packages seized were at the local delivery hub. I think they had a crack down earlier this week, because i had a good 6 months of no issues, and then bam a few in the same day at 2 separate delivery hubs. I live on the border of 2 big airports, so depending on the address it'll go through Airport A delivery hub or Airport b... and anyway long story short. Both delivery hubs seized parcels last week. So that tells me cincinatti let's them all through for the most part and then looks over x-rays and then puts out "adhoc" exam requests on packages they choose..

jeffweico 09-05-2015 11:08 PM

Ummm.... This thread is from 2012...

burke 09-05-2015 11:54 PM

i did not read all the above responses but ive had this happen and I just called the 800 number and they just tell me whats up and what I gotta do most of the time its no big deal especially if its already cleared customs