Is anyone getting their International pkgs scanned?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 03-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Is anyone getting their International pkgs scanned??

I have had this problem for a while now and no one can seem to help. I have talked to my carrier, ebay over the phone 2 times now and the PO counter and get nothing.

I use ebay for packing international shipments. Its super easy and takes just a few clicks. When printing 1st class international I send it like all my others and they NEVER show any tracking info. Not even label printed. I have gone back and looked at the 180 day view and Not one has any tracking info. I am lucky my customers seem to be honest.

Now The Priority international is similar but those show maybe the printing of label and an acceptance scan. Then nothing ever shows up again. When I check that 180 day view on ebay, maybe 10 out of 300-400 pkgs show tracking up to and delivered. The rest Nothing after accepted.

as you all know, "accepted" means nothing to paypal in a claim.

The other problem is the new rules for TRS that start in june or so. You must have 90% of your transactions show shipped within 24hrs to be eligible for that discount. I talked to ebay and they said that they didnt know if their system is going to read off of the "accepted" scans when figuring this. I was told to call several different numbers for that and none know about it yet.

If that is the case then I dont see how it will work at all for some. If it doesnt get scanned then you are screwed on that transaction. also wont get your automatic 5 stars for communication and shipping time.

Anyone having this issue.

My carrier just says he cant scan them but doesnt have other labels to compare too. I have printed them on 4 printers and 3 different locations so settings are not the issue. He said they are too small but that is the size they are supposed to be according to the PO. His scanner wont scan them so he said the scanners in the PO will scan them though.

I dont know what to do on this since I need to get it worked out before the new rules take affect.

Old 03-22-2012

Longevity: 70%
Default Usps international

hi!
I use to be a big international seller and did my labels through ebay/paypal. Once you bring your items to the PO, have them scan them in. Although tracking is not provided on all, this protects you from claims through ebay. I had a package delivered to France, and someone at the PO didn't scan it as I was in a rush that day. Well, lost $100 in merchandise plus shipping as I had to reimburse the buyer because although i created a label, it looks as if i never went to the PO. By having your labels scanned, it protects you from claims as it shows you actually dropped your packages to be shipped at the PO. Hence, no extra $$$ to pay for insurance.. Hope this is helpful.
Old 03-22-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I understand that taking them in and asking them to scan is fine but most of the time from what I see, they pump out a decal bar code that completely overrides the one on the pkg and screws it up later down the road. not always but they used to. havent been to the PO in a year though.

They are doing all this pick up at your location stuff so you would think that you would not have to drive to the PO every day to have just your international pkgs scanned in. they are annoyed by people doing this too. I know its a guarantee when you need it scanned but I cant see millions of people having to drive to the PO and stand in line to get these scanned.

Thats not what the PO wants which is why they want you to do it online in the first place.

I will keep bugging them and try to figure it out. Just doesnt make any sense.

Does no one on here send pkgs from the US to international locations? what do you do on yours when you send them then?

Does the zebra printers print international 1st class and priority yet?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

As I undersdtand it, the discount will apply as long as valid tracking numbers are uploaded within 24 hours. I have been resisting it, but I might just start using eBay to print the damn labels, since that is what they REALLY seem to want.
Old 03-22-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thats how it reads but I dont see that being the case, just print the label and hold it will give you 5 stars in 2 categories. I cant see that being how they do it.

That is the only reason I asked them when I was on the phone. I explained what Meant to them and they understood what I was concerned about and simply said, "you know? thats a very good question but I really cannot answer that" Then they ask me to contact another dept. Then the same thing. The last one said, it might be an issue that we figure out when it gets closer. What kind of answer is that???

Anyway, Not sure how it will work... It reads one way but really that is not very reliable when they are so adamant on using specific details on other things like not accepting "accepted" or "in transit" scans on claims. They only accept "delivered" and it must be their exact address.

If they are that detailed on what they will want out of us they arent going to slack and let people get away with just printing labels is all I mean.

Just need a definite answer and cannot get one from the people that are making the rules.
Old 03-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Are these rules for Powersellers only?
Old 03-23-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

They are rules for the new Top Rated seller with the 20% fees discount. They have made that so hard to obtain that not having it wont mean a whole lot. most of your competition wont have it either.

There is a ton of stuff, go check it out on ebay. Got to keep a check list on your desk it seems to please ebay now.

Its really a joke that you can have a full blown business and have super minute rules and overseeing from ebay like a franchise would be.

Make you not able to relax from day to day while walking on eggshells just to please ebay that you pay so much to every month. Really irritation to pay them thousands sometimes to get someone to micro-manage your whole operation with an iron fist.

I still will be doing it, but just despising it more and more after each new rules list.
Old 03-27-2012

Longevity: 70%
Default International Shipping Pkg scanned didn't matter

Hi I am new I found you all when I was looking for how reliable Germany's mail system was or is. I have been pretty lucky selling Internationally till now. I want to say right upfront I made a huge mistake not buying insurance on the package. I have never lost anything to Germany so I thought my luck would continue, and I thought I was covered using Priority Mail International. Well I wasn't. The shoes never arrived and even though it shows on the tracking they are in Transit, paypal doesn't care period. I lost the $80.00 sale had to refund the money and I lost the item! I was set up to use ship assurance by inkfrog and did for a while and then basically forgot about it and it was Germany right over yonder So I just want to say if you have the package scanned or not if it doesn't show it was delivered, you lose with paypal if the buyer opens a case. I swear I thought Priority Mail was covered, the paypal rep told me yesterday NO, only Express Mail and that is my story.
Old 03-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Any ideas how to get packages scanned ( mostly at the destination country ) ?

I'm thinking a big orange label with "SCAN ME". Anybody tried this? I ship Express Mail only, but have about 30% or so of packages unscanned after it leaves the US.
Old 03-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Express mail is the only USPS class that has international tracking. Priority and First Class are scanned as accepted but never offer any tracking or is ever scanned after it leaves the USA.