Using Self Adhesive shipping labels to print sideways? 11" x 8.5" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 02-21-2013
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Using Self Adhesive shipping labels to print sideways? 11" x 8.5"

Alright I use these labels cause they are easy to use, and require less work for the other guy on the other side of the world. They are just peal and paste on the package (No tape required).

Thing is, I AM IN EUROPE! MY ITEMS ARE ALL IN THE USA! I HAVE A FRIEND WHO DOES MY PACKAGING AND SHIPPING!

This is what it looks like.

Now each time I get an order on ebay. I just print the shipping label (I don't print it here I just take a screen shot). I have different sizes and different weight for my packages. If I offer "buy 2 get 3rd one free" it adds more weight. I can't do 2 oz for 1 package/sold, if someone buys 2 then it's not 4 oz but 6 oz. This part I don't mind changing the correct weight.

This is my process!

1. When I go to print, it shows up on a page, I normally open up the page in a newer window just to have the shipping label first class on it's own.

2. I then take a screen shot of it.

3. Paste it on Paint, cut out the rest of the screen just so I have the screen shot of the postage only.

4. I then SAVE IT. Into my daily folder for the date of the day.

5. I close Paint.

6. I go find the file, open it, turn it 90 degrees to the right/Rotate it Clockwise. Close the file so it saves it in that rotation. (so it can come out sideways)

7. I then open up word.doc file that I have saved. 2 shipping labels per sheet! I have 2 per sheet/1 page, all the way to files with 15 pages/ 30 labels total file. Just in case I get higher orders on some days.

8. I open the file (word.doc) to insert the picture from the folder it's in.

9. Save the file, upload it up on my site for my friend to download across the world to print it for packing.

Now this is very time consuming for me. It takes about 60 seconds to 80 seconds to do this! Getting very tired and very boring process! I want to open up 45 stealth accounts (avg of 2 to 10 orders per day on each account 90-450 per day. Some days I get 1 some days I get 12). I can't be doing this for 3 to 8 hours per day once I get fully out there.

Is there a way you guys do it easier and faster? And no I am not joking. I know there are printers that are very small, and don't even use up ink at all. I've read that. But if I use something like this. Can I pay for the weight and customer here on this side of the world? Save the file to upload it for him to print it out there? Also does it require me to upload the tracking numbers myself? I like ebays way of doing it, it uploads it for you and requires no time wasted to do it.

-----------------------------------------
2nd Question.
Is there a way to have tracking numbers for items that fit in an envelope? So I can keep my Top Rated Seller Status of 90%.

Solution 1
Maybe Apple users have a way of taking screen shots faster, or maybe some kind of a system that would cut the process in half? I am thinking of hiring a programmer to make me a program that would drag the label, save it for me clockwise into the folder I would pick out. This would save me steps 2 - 6. Leaving me with only Steps 1, 7, 8, & 9.

Solution 2
Unless I could some how hook up, the one of those printers that uses up no ink at my friends house cause it needs to be there. (I would have to hook up a webcam to make sure it printed while his sleeping so in the morning he just takes those labels to paste it on the package). And login each time on his computer to have 1 postage done. But then what about uploading tracking numbers? Would it give me more steps to do?

Solution 3
I am very open to new ideas. I know most of you ship a lot!

I don't want my friend to log in, into my accounts and do all my orders for me! It's not the trust issue, I just don't want them to screw it up in any ways. Plus the log in, into so many accounts etc.

Thanks in Advance!

Update note: I use usps. And yes I have that option on my account.

Last edited by GhostWhoWalks; 02-21-2013 at 11:13 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2013

Longevity: 72%

Maybe if you just got a Stamps.com account for your shipper to use, all you would have to do is copy/paste the orders and email them to your friend.

From there, they can print their own shipping labels. You can supply them with their own blank sticker labels.

Have the friend email you back tracking numbers for your customers.

This will save you tons of time, good luck!
Old 02-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: Using Self Adhesive shipping labels to print sideways? 11" x 8.5"

Yes maybe something with stamps.com. not sure how it works internationally but maybe you could create the label and have them then login and reprint the label (I'm not home right now to try it, not 100% you can reprint)
Old 02-21-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Laritha - I would still need to upload tracking numbers and finding out what customer it was, under what account. Tracking would take up more time.

Okay thanks anwyays. I'll see what else comes up.

Slim Jim! HEYYY! I might just invest time into those machines and find out if I can just do the label from over seas and have them print it out. I might look into this. Or pay someone $20 an hour to do this for me. Once I get really busy! But then again who knows.

Maybe me and the wife can go 50/50!
Old 02-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

No machine necessary. Its all software. If you can create the label on ur end and then have ur friend login and print the label, part of the issue is solved
Old 02-21-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Do you know if the size of the labels is like the picture I posted?

I am already looking online for new ways. I did find out that mac has a build in feature that allows you to take a screen shot in certain areas of the screen and save it on file. This would be a big help, then the rotating part. Then it's simple and done with. Time saver.
Old 02-21-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Was just thinking Slim Jim if they had this kind of a service for those small machines that don't require ink at all. That would be sweet also! He would just log in and print them all out!

Anyone out here uses any of those machines? Do they work great with stealths or how does it work?
Old 02-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Yes I use a zebra label printer with stamps. Makes my life easy. Thanks (you know who)
The Following User Says Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Okay so you use Zebra label Printer with stamps.com

Now you have 1 stamps account per ebay account correct? Or can you have many?

So once you do the stamp/postage paid, it saves it in their system so you can reprint or print later on? Correct?

I am guessing they have a system where you add what kind of a printer you have so it maybe work for it?

Does that printer require ink or just the rolls?

Or how does that go about? Sorry to ask you so much Slim Jim!

No idea who you are thanking lol.
Old 02-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

I have 1 account. Upload manually to PayPal. Have to check the reprint option. No ink, its a thermal printer. Even if u do this ur friend would still have to match the label to a package so not sure why they wouldn't print the label themselves
Old 02-21-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Ahh manually. I just got a cool program off of download.com Called Snagit for screen shots, I click the button it lets me drag what I want to snap a picture of, then it opens a window. I rotate it, and click save into the folder! WOW Saves me a lot of time already!

I'll see what other options others will give out. I'll do the thermal type once I am back in the states in 3 years. :( But I will look more into it for sure. I know there are tons of companies out there who offer those machines, or different types at least.
Old 02-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

I use similar labels to what you use, But i set my printer to print the specific way and then when i go to print, it prints to PDF and then i just email them to myself and print them off my pc that has the printer.

The software i use to print to PDF is called primoPDF. or Nitro

Much easier than using the whole paint job
Old 02-21-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yeah I just cut the whole paint program out today by getting a screenshot program, and it even saves it for my in the folders I want and I can name it! And also rotate it!

I just cut off the steps! That use to take one minute now just 10 seconds or less!
Old 02-21-2013

Longevity: 65%

I really dont understand why you are going thru all this trouble. Get a stamps.com account ($15/mo) attach all your ebay accounts to it. Let your friend log into stamps.com and print the labels. The labels come out for any label size you are using - no need to play with paint, word, snagit, etc. When the label prints, the tracking number gets uploaded back to ebay automatically. Plus you get first-class mail which is much less than priority. You sit on terrace sipping a margherita watching sunset while your buddy does all the work.

Thermal printer is better - no ink. You can use an inkjet/laserjet like me but then you have to get labels that are waterproof or what I do is get cheap labels and just put a piece of shipping tape over the address so the ink doesnt run when it rains.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (03-11-2013), GreenBean (02-22-2013)
Old 02-21-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

How many accounts can I set up on one stamps.com? As in stealths!

So stamps.com or that Thermal printer does it all eh? I just do the address or it takes it from ebay and voila all done?

Mine are waterproof also.

Thanks so much!
Old 02-21-2013

No limit to number of ebay accounts as far as I can tell. Of course when you attach each account remember to change your IP in between each one.

Stamps.com will pull down all your ebay orders and put them in folders. Looks like this....

eBay Stealth 1
unshipped
order 1
order 2
shipped
order 3
order 4
eBay Stealth 2
unshipped
order 1
order 2
shipped
order 3
order 4

Last edited by zoneout; 02-21-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Okay can I make 1 account. Log in and attach 30 accounts under the main one? But each time I go to log in I have to use a different IP????

Yet it's still under the same account???
Old 02-22-2013

Right, one stamps.com acct. Log in, attach ebay1, logout, change ip, login, attach ebay2, logout. lather, rinse, repeat.

You find this under the Batch menu item
Old 02-22-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

OMG this is going to suck so badly! I can just tell!!! lol. Okay I'll do that then.

Okay thanks! I know after 100 orders it's like .03 cents after it. K thank you!
Old 02-22-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

those labels work great. ive used those for a while on amazon through stamps.com.not sure exactly what your trying to do. but for the ink i would suggest a printer u can use a diy ink refills with. i was going through a couple ink cartidges a day from so many orders and this worked great for me. your ink is about a dollar a cartridge or less this way.most hp printers u can refill. i bought my refill ink and kits on ebay. also those labels are really cheap on ebay.
Old 02-22-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Oh no not doing the ink refills thing oh no!!!! To many bad things have happened with those, from people I know and my friends printer!

Yeah I buy the labels off ebay and the ink I wanted to off ebay but the ink refills are a big big big problem! They bust, leak etc. My friend has a printer so his using it, it's a black and white. I pay for the ink once every now and then.

I will try and use stamps.com once I get bigger!

Zoneout - Do you know if they do a stamps like real stamps also with tracking? I want to send stuff that cost like $2.40 on ebay and want to use first class with tracking just so I can get Top Rated Seller to build up feedback also.
Old 02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
Oh no not doing the ink refills thing oh no!!!! To many bad things have happened with those, from people I know and my friends printer!
I used to do that. Can be pretty messy at times. Now you can find 3rd party cartridges for cheap with good quality. Other way is to buy MFG cartridge thats expired - they still work fine but are much cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
Zoneout - Do you know if they do a stamps like real stamps also with tracking? I want to send stuff that cost like $2.40 on ebay and want to use first class with tracking just so I can get Top Rated Seller to build up feedback also.
There is no tracking available on letters which is what .46 I dont even know any more I never use it. Cheapest tracking you can get is $1.69 anything up to 3 oz.

Last edited by zoneout; 02-22-2013 at 08:25 PM.