dhl say customs have my package - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 04-02-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default dhl say customs have my package

whilst out dhl tried to deliver parcel from china and left missed you note. 5 days later i went to repo to collect and pay tax but they informed my and said customs now had the parcel under investigation and had no further info.
Does anyone have any idea of what will come of this and whether i should not order to my house again for present time

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-02-2014 at 05:55 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: dhl say customs have my package

Ideally you would never have used your home address in the 1st place

Customs will eventually contact you.....

The news will be good or

The news will be bad

No in between

Old 04-02-2014

Longevity: 86%

You need to be more watchful of your packages!

If I have incoming packages from a courier I watch the tracking like a hawk and make sure I am NOT OUT when they come - even if I have to cancel an appointment. If it looks like coming a day earlier than projected (Fedex often do) I ring customer services and find out. This is why DHL, Fedex etc provide tracking so you can make sure someone is home.

Ive had a coupe of packages opened by customs (including one from foofoo land) but all my stuff was legit.
Old 04-02-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger2012 View Post
whilst out dhl tried to deliver parcel from china and left missed you note. % days later i went to repo to collect and pay tax but they informed my and said customs now had the parcel under investigation and had no further info.
Does anyone have any idea of what will come of this and whether i should not order to my house again for present time
1. Asking for trouble if its foo-foo.
2. How many packages have you had to that address before that have been seized?
3. Importing anything high risk like headphones, dvds etc. you're looking at problems.
Old 04-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Do not use home address moving forward - know your products well...carefully
Old 04-02-2014

Longevity: 63%

You may or may not wish to utilize this service in future, but you can file a form with your respective DHL station so that no-one has to be home to sign for a shipment. It's called 'Signature on File' and it waives the carrier's liability once they drop-off the package on your door-step or other designated location.

I understand that if the shipment has value or if there's a chance of theft that it's not something you wish to implement, but I just wanted to make you aware of the service.
Old 04-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

I have never heard of this service in the UK.

Will check it out myself to see if we can get it
Old 04-02-2014

Longevity: 62%

why are some saying not to import stuff to your home address?? what's wrong with doing this?
Old 04-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@Dazzler

Think!!!!! Think!!!! Think outside the box.

It's a FACT that sensibly you never involve the safety of your HOME/CASTLE with your business....

Old 04-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 73%

No sensible person would import foo foo's from china and have them shipped to your home address... ANYTHING can happen.
In the UK all they need is your name , address & birthdate to find you , no matter where you are getting your packages.

Just dont do anything dodgy and you should be fine.
What you do in the dark...always comes to light!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
biglouis999 (04-03-2014), GreenBean (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014

Longevity: 58%

I know someone this happened too..where customs held package. The product was high risk from (foofoo land) as mentioned. Customs ended up sending a cease and desist letter..copyright etc.. to address which happened to be his home but nothing else after occurred. Its been over a year. All my packages originate China ive had many opened and green taped passing through no issues. Afterall, you are unaware of any wrongdoing.. dont think you have anything to worry about, probably loss of your product and maybe a letter..be aware of product and as mentioned ALWAYS be there for a delivery.
Old 04-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
No sensible person would import foo foo's from china and have them shipped to your home address... ANYTHING can happen.
In the UK all they need is your name , address & birthdate to find you , no matter where you are getting your packages.

Just dont do anything dodgy and you should be fine.
What you do in the dark...always comes to light!
That's my point i don't order out dodgy so ordering stuff to my home address should be fine,

Back in the day when i did order some dodgy stuff i never had any problems getting it to my house you've just got to use the correct shipping method,

Last edited by Dazzler87; 04-02-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler87 View Post
That's my point i don't order out dodgy so ordering stuff to my home address should be fine,

Back in the day when i did order some dodgy stuff i never had any problems getting it to my house your just got to use the correct shipping method,
there is no correct shipping method when importing foo foo's - you just got lucky.

I value my home, life & family to much to play with fire like that.
I use DHL a few times a month impoting stock from the USA and i never have these kind of problems.

Buying ⊗⊗⊗⊗, is not morally right or fair on the people creating the original items.
Old 04-02-2014

Quote:
there is no correct shipping method when importing foo foo's - you just got lucky.

I value my home, life & family to much to play with fire like that.
I use DHL a few times a month impoting stock from the USA and i never have these kind of problems.

Buying ⊗⊗⊗⊗, is not morally right or fair on the people creating the original items.
I'm really happy for you you feel this way, you deserve a badge

But from someone with zero experience shipping foo foo's to the uk, how could you even try to correct someone on this subject?

just to confirm i didn't recommend anyone selling dodgy stuff as it will only cause problems and it will never lead to you having a successful business but there are ways of getting it safely through customs using a certain shipping service/package size/ weight
Old 04-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm really happy for you you feel this way, you deserve a badge

But from someone with zero experience shipping foo foo's to the uk, how could you even try to correct someone on this subject?

just to confirm i didn't recommend anyone selling dodgy stuff as it will only cause problems and it will never lead to you having a successful business but there are ways of getting it safely through customs using a certain shipping service/package size/ weight
not one single credible person on this forum will help people import foo foo items. That is something i know.

Just because i do not import such items does not mean i have no experience. Its common sense!!

I have read far to many instances on here and in the news about shipping these items.
When customs gets involved... anything can happen.

Last edited by Bunneh; 04-02-2014 at 07:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 76%

Good luck to those of you with the mentality of thinking you are invincible. It gave me a good laugh today.

Do whatever you want to do. But, coming here trying to justify what you do is beyond silly. Keep your arrogance/ignorance to yourself.
Old 04-03-2014

Quote:
not one single credible person on this forum will help people import foo foo items. That is something i know.

Just because i do not import such items does not mean i have no experience. Its common sense!!

I have read far to many instances on here and in the news about shipping these items.
When customs gets involved... anything can happen.
I agree people on this furum will only help you in the right ways,

But as I say from past experience getting involved with someone I shouldn't have I can say it can be done and is very easy if you follow the right methods.

But as you say you've read lots of story's about people who have been unsuccessful with it, and I doubt any of them story's you've read are about someone who has come out and said they are getting away with it, so let's just leave it they're...

Like i say if you want to be successful it's best to stay away from that sort of stuff.
Old 04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Good luck to those of you with the mentality of thinking you are invincible. It gave me a good laugh today.

Do whatever you want to do. But, coming here trying to justify what you do is beyond silly. Keep your arrogance/ignorance to yourself.
I Can't stand arrogance..

I Also can't stand when people are too lazy to read all of a thread and then try give out a false opinion on someone,

If the above is about me i never came here to justify something i do, if you would of took the time to read my first and second comment you would see I'm saying using your home address is fine as long as your importing legit stuff which I do, and from past experience ordering not legit stuff that it can be imported very easily without any problems.

That my friend is not arrogance/ignorance, that is someone passing on a comment from there own experience.
Old 04-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
why are some saying not to import stuff to your home address?? what's wrong with doing this?
It`s a matter of safety and also PROFESSIONALISM...be a business and dont have stuff coming to your home.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-03-2014 at 05:16 AM. Reason: stop bypassing filter
Old 04-03-2014

Longevity: 86%

There are plenty of things you can import from foofoo land without problems. Such as costume jewellery etc. The customs may look as a matter of course but so long as its not counterfeiting some other brand and the paperwork appears to be ok you should have no problem.

Last edited by biglouis999; 04-03-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2014

Longevity: 85%
Wink Re: dhl say customs have my package

When waiting for a DHL delivery from China, to UK, ALWAYS make sure you sign up for the following shipment notifications by SMS or Email :

Shipment Picked Up
and Out For Delivery , this way on the day they are to deliv you have the option to make a reply to change the delivery date and this way you dont miss the package.
Old 04-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Notification by SMS is a good option but not always reliable 100%