eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   DHL package delay in Hong Kong (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/77477-dhl-package-delay-hong-kong.html)

deebee80 09-30-2014 09:42 AM

Re: DHL package delay in Hong Kong

Quote:

Originally Posted by natbabes (Post 593078)
My parcel arrived today, it was shipped on the 17th & stuck on shipment information received until the 29th of September so it took a day to get here after it was picked up, crazy fast!

I'm going to wait until after the Chinese holiday now to order again.

My other one from 20th picked up now and on the way.

Looks like things are moving back to normal... WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CCJay 09-30-2014 09:50 AM

Do they work over the hoildays? (customs/dhl/ems)

Mine is still

24/9/2014 Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTT…+ Forwarded for export

aleen 09-30-2014 11:17 AM

One of my parcel which was sent on 15th September is finally picked up by dhl after more than 2 weeks. :)

natbabes 09-30-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deebee80 (Post 593122)
My other one from 20th picked up now and on the way.

Looks like things are moving back to normal... WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yay i knew it would, happy for you hun:d x

rsot 09-30-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihao (Post 592933)
Good to see that many parcels are moving, but not mine... yet.
Last working day in China and HK tomorrow.
I guess this will be one of the most critical days during this year.
After tomorrow the silence week begins.
I keep my fingers crossed for everyone during tomorrow.

Can only take it day by day - always hoping never for seizure

mikjuv 09-30-2014 04:19 PM

Tomorrow, 1st October, will start Holiday...so when DHL/EMS will return at work?

bumbum520 09-30-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xShevaa7x (Post 592940)
I find it incredible the amount of holidays China has every year. You always hear propaganda about how the Chinese people are slaving away everyday of the year and never have a day off, but they seem to get much more time off than Europeans and Americans. (At least in the UK media)

I can't believe they just go into stand still when they have their holidays. It seems nothing moves. It's bad enough having a bank holiday in the UK, let alone a whole week every few months which it seems to be.

I hope everyone gets their packages soon. I'm waiting for mine via EMS, which sadly takes a long time to get here too.

yes, like you said, I agree.
But you must know, the common workers (the ones support all in every country), they work all month and have some 1, some 2 days free in this period.
Yes, seem they have a lot of holiday, because they rest while all the world is working. But if sum the days they work per year, sure is more than normal.
National day: Official places like schools, take 7 days (buy they was teaching las saturday and sunday for exchange the days).
Markets have 2 days free.
DHL take 5. And I understand it affect all the world, even more after the problem they have in Custom.
People around the world, feel chinese are on holiday, when they need chineses working. But when they dont need (weekend), can not feel the chinese people are working.
Totally understandable your feeling, specially in this days.
My thinking is DHL MUST work from 3rd, because so many parcel delayed.... but....they take 5 days. DHL dont care of this problem. They know how strong they are....feel sorry.

bumbum520 09-30-2014 11:26 PM

Notice:
If your parcel have several cartons, better enter to DHL on "www dot cn dot dhl dot com" and track there (replace dot for the sign.)
In the chinese website of DHL, will show if all the cartons of your parcel are moving, or just a part of them.
dhl.com dont show details of cartons.
I your parcel is just 1 carton, will see the same information in both.

adam1114 10-01-2014 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xShevaa7x (Post 592940)
I find it incredible the amount of holidays China has every year. You always hear propaganda about how the Chinese people are slaving away everyday of the year and never have a day off, but they seem to get much more time off than Europeans and Americans. (At least in the UK media)

I can't believe they just go into stand still when they have their holidays. It seems nothing moves. It's bad enough having a bank holiday in the UK, let alone a whole week every few months which it seems to be.

I hope everyone gets their packages soon. I'm waiting for mine via EMS, which sadly takes a long time to get here too.

I think workers in China works many hours per day, also I think you wouldn't say that if you will get Chineese worker salary.

Univerzal 10-01-2014 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleen (Post 593152)
One of my parcel which was sent on 15th September is finally picked up by dhl after more than 2 weeks. :)

Got 1 from 16th, guess there will be another few days then :(

eBay King 10-01-2014 02:38 AM

I have a trusted supplier who is now going to EMS, instead of DHL.

There is an almighty long backlog now. It is effecting people and business worldwide.

I am sorry, but this is just unacceptable.

Univerzal 10-01-2014 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBay King (Post 593450)
I have a trusted supplier who is now going to EMS, instead of DHL.

There is an almighty long backlog now. It is effecting people and business worldwide.

I am sorry, but this is just unacceptable.

We use trusted sources also but last ems we used got stuck in hk for 2months so we always use dhl after that, after this i think fedex or ups will be our main goal to use.

rsot 10-01-2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikjuv (Post 593247)
Tomorrow, 1st October, will start Holiday...so when DHL/EMS will return at work?

Which holiday you referring to?

Univerzal 10-01-2014 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 593473)
Which holiday you referring to?

National day i read somewhere or independent day

Nihao 10-01-2014 04:39 AM

Good news for me now.
My 1st parcel was sent sent out 14th September and was picked up by DHL in HK yesterday. Now it's stuck in Germany. It will probably be delivered to me tomorrow.

Someone said that DHL will not work now, but guess what...
My 2nd parcel was sent out 19th September and it was picked up and fully processed by DHL in HK today
It will probably also be delivered to me tomorrow.

My 3rd parcel was sent out 25 September via EUEXP. This will be delivered to me today or tomorrow.

DwayneJohnson 10-02-2014 01:01 AM

3 of MY packages are still sitting in HK Since Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Small packages arrive without a problem, big boxes are not moving:-(

DwayneJohnson 10-02-2014 01:05 AM

This is what I found on other websites:
"Customs is checking 90%+ of vehicles....entering the DHL facility. Affected buyers will see only the tracking event Shipment Information Received and may think they are being scammed by their suppliers. They are not. It's a legit issue for suppliers and there isn't anything they can do."

The problem will be further exacerbated because of the National Golden Week holiday. "Oct 1-7 is a 7 day national holiday in China....So, once this clears up....boom....7 more days of supply shortage...

CCJay 10-02-2014 01:46 AM

Anyone having issues with ems

Univerzal 10-02-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwayneJohnson (Post 593810)
This is what I found on other websites:
"Customs is checking 90%+ of vehicles....entering the DHL facility. Affected buyers will see only the tracking event Shipment Information Received and may think they are being scammed by their suppliers. They are not. It's a legit issue for suppliers and there isn't anything they can do."

The problem will be further exacerbated because of the National Golden Week holiday. "Oct 1-7 is a 7 day national holiday in China....So, once this clears up....boom....7 more days of supply shortage...

Wait wait what?

The holiday is now but why 7days after that?

Univerzal 10-02-2014 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCJay (Post 593819)
Anyone having issues with ems

All couriers Ems,Dhl,Ups,Fedex,Cairmail

rsot 10-02-2014 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwayneJohnson (Post 593808)
3 of MY packages are still sitting in HK Since Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Small packages arrive without a problem, big boxes are not moving:-(

9 days now

jscan 10-02-2014 08:23 AM

I have a 28kg box sitting in HK awaiting shipment by DHL to AU since the 23rd September.

Given eBay sales are slow here right now, I'm not as concerned as I normally would be.