software owner here; MC011 issues dropshipping, need insight - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-15-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default software owner here; MC011 issues dropshipping, need insight

Hey everyone,

I run a software platform that serves around 300 users who mainly dropship from Amazon to eBay. Traditionally, we've managed to handle MC011 restrictions where eBay demands "proof of delivery, supplier invoices, etc." by providing such evidence, restrictions were typically lifted after a few days.

But recently, even sellers with perfect metrics (example: https://gyazo.com/21e4b60bb7596cfda51ccebdf5aa43a8) have started facing the MC011 restriction. eBay now seems to require the seller's name and User ID on every document (https://gyazo.com/396f6bafe4358df8591eed10f2ae6ff8). After reaching out to eBay for clarification, the initial response indicated that the User ID didn't need to be on the document. However, eBay later sent this (https://gyazo.com/f162483b2c450553083dcb1d02dfd4e8), reasserting the requirement and asking for additional business information.

Despite our members submitting ALL documents, including 200 legitimate invoices (dated a year ago with the username included, titles matched to eBay listings, and accurate shipping and billing addresses), account was still permanently banned.

The thing that gets me is that we've got users making over $3k profit per month for more than a year without ever getting an MC011. This leads me to suspect that the issue might be tied to account age or growth rate within the first 3-6 months.

Now, I understand that MC011 happens, that's not the issue. The issue's that it seems like they're randomly restricting accounts, even those with perfect metrics and not lifting restrictions and instead perm banning which they weren't doing before unless they had probable cause (bunch of cancels, cases, etc.)

We've established guidelines for our members to minimize the risk of bans:

- Keep order cancellations low.
- Resolve cases promptly.
- Upload tracking details for ALL orders.
- If cancellations are frequent, distribute them between refunds and customer communication AND selecting "Address Issue" as the reason (doesn't negatively impact metrics when selecting this option; or maybe it does?)to minimize metric impact.
- Limit growth rate to no more than 30% per month (though this one is hard to get everyone to follow).

Moreover, our software helps streamline this process (NOT PLUGGING) by:
*Automatically uploading tracking data from Amazon directly to eBay.
*Alerting users if their cancellation rates begin to pose a risk.

So, to fight this new "unappealable restriction," I'm considering implementing the following:

- Enforcing a growth structure that limits rapid expansion, e.g., capping monthly profit to $500 for the first 6 months before permitting larger scale operations.
- Encouraging new members to set up a business account instead of a personal one during onboarding. This way, rapid growth might not seem as suspicious to eBay.
- Integrating an invoice generator to create an invoice for EVERY product a user lists to ensure thorough documentation.

I would appreciate any insight, feedback on my proposed solutions, what I'm doing wrong, and any additional ideas or experiences you might have. I'm eager to learn from this knowledgeable community.

I've seen a lot of hope—and a fair amount of despair—on this forum, but I know this can work long-term. I've been doing this for 5 years now and helped over 6k members. I know we can create a thriving, sustainable system. What we need is a robust and efficient structure to navigate these challenges.

Last edited by devinefallen; 06-15-2023 at 09:15 PM. Reason: clearer language
The Following User Says Thank You to devinefallen For This Useful Post:
wallstreetjimmy (06-21-2023)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-16-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,970 Times in 8,260 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: software owner here; MC011 issues dropshipping, need insight

no need to doublepost - http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...d-insight.html
Old 06-16-2023

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 78%

Obviously wants to have people pm him about his software which is not sanctioned on this forum.
Old 06-17-2023

Activity: 48%
Longevity: 46%

no one on ebay cares about how much profit you make , it is the turnover and the items that play the main role

if restrictions occur seemingly "randomly" this means there is too much turnover and/or risky items

drop shipping is a problem as well and is sufficient to get suspended
Old 06-21-2023

Longevity: 8%

Your 100% spot on. The new mc011 has to do with growth rate. My matrixs were 100% perfect �� and the account was 2 years old and no sales on the 68th day of actually selling and 3 performance reviews later ...each after a sale prior to my sales spiking 9k to 10k in 2 days and bam mc011. [I was able to instantly bypass a 5 day performance review by canceling that transaction because the person requested.] Im 25k deep 15 items later 1 canceled 13 unsold.

Next step is to wait till last item delvers fast shipping and reach out to trust and safety and see if my gift of gab can bypass a high risk review. It seems like the system isnt backoffice anymore its 3rd party and than back office so they dont do anything but read a script...sorry we cant tell u why youve been permanently banned. One time i had a permanent ban removed 5 months later after not trying. Just getting the right supervisor in trust and safety. *an american*
Old 06-21-2023

Longevity: 8%

In one argument i remember the agent saying to take it slow first 3 months [90 days] and 25 sales.
Makes sense... Cause i never had 30 day holds when i sold high value items... 15k items back on my seasoned account.

I mean we arent doing anything illegal.??? We just want to sell...like wtfudge ??? We need a to make our own platform
Old 06-21-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,970 Times in 8,260 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetjimmy View Post
We need a to make our own platform
ugh - takes too much development and traffic building
Old 06-21-2023

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetjimmy View Post
In one argument i remember the agent saying to take it slow first 3 months [90 days] and 25 sales.
Makes sense... Cause i never had 30 day holds when i sold high value items... 15k items back on my seasoned account.

I mean we arent doing anything illegal.??? We just want to sell...like wtfudge ??? We need a to make our own platform
It is matter of reducing potential risk from eBay perspective.

1) you have limited history
2) selling high value items
3) eBay manages these purchases now

It is not just your selling history that plays a factor, if a customer opens a chargeback and your tracking shows delivered to the address eBay is held accountable. That is why these stuff matters much more now.

I mean honestly based on your activity you should not be shocked your suspended. It makes total sense from eBay perspective to suspend you.