credit card does not match billing statement address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default credit card does not match billing statement address

Is this new?

I was setting up my paypal account today and everything is good until I input the credit card number...

We were unable to verify the billing address for this credit card. Please enter the address where you receive billing statements for this credit card below. Please refer to the automatic email we have sent to assist you.

Email

We apologize for the problem you encountered while adding a credit card to your PayPal account. The instructions below have helped most of our customers who have encountered similar problems.

Why can't I add my credit card?

Your credit card ending in xxxx could not be added because we were unable to verify your credit card billing address. This is the address where you receive billing statements for this card.

One possible problem could be that you entered a different address than the one where you receive your bills for this card. If this is the case, the solution is as easy as entering the correct billing address.

If you continue to encounter difficulties entering your billing address, please go through the following set of troubleshooting questions:

Is your address spelled correctly?

PayPal verifies the billing address with your credit card provider. Please be sure that you have entered the address exactly as it is printed on your billing statements.

Have you moved recently?

If so, be sure that you are entering the exact address where you receive your billing statements for this card.

Is your home phone number accurate?

Check that the home phone number we have on file for you is correct.

Does your credit card issuer have more than one address on file for you?

If your bank has two addresses on file for you, be sure to enter the address your credit card issuer considers your primary address. This address may be different than the address where you receive your statements.

Is this a new credit card?

If so, be sure you have activated your card with your credit card provider before trying to add it to your account.

How do I fix this problem?

1. Go to www.paypal.com/us.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Go to the "Profile" subtab of the "My Account" tab and select the "Credit Card" link in the Financial Information menu.
4. Enter your credit card information.
5. Enter the address where you receive billing statements for this card.
6. Click the "Add Credit Card" button.

Please note: the billing address field will be automatically set to your primary street address. If you DO NOT receive credit card bills at this address, click the "Enter New Billing Address" field, and enter the exact address where you receive billing statements for this card. (You may want to refer to your last credit card statement, and follow any abbreviations or spacing used in the printing of your address).

After following the steps above, if you still receive an error about your billing address the website will automatically request that you proceed through an alternative card verification process the third time you try to add your card.

Why does PayPal verify my credit card billing address?

In order to protect our customers, PayPal is constantly working to ensure the integrity of our payment network and to eliminate the threat of fraud. Verifying credit card billing addresses is just one of the stringent checks we make so that none of our members will fall victim to fraud.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

So, your debit card has to match the address?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

If the addresses are far off, that could be the problem. . .

i use a different name, different address, same zip code, and things work fine....
The Following User Says Thank You to yaw1800 For This Useful Post:
Freedom (03-21-2009)
Old 03-21-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks... my heads throbbing. I'll change address
Old 03-21-2009
Threadstarter  

I don't like being in the same city, but I guess that's why vcc's are talked about so much.
Old 03-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Because paypal does AVS, the address must match. It is their 'soft credit check' on the address. The porcedure has been happening for over 6 months & really being enforced of late.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-21-2009 at 11:14 AM.