Question about buying ebay accounts & Flash cookies - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-21-2009
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Question about buying ebay accounts & Flash cookies

Doughboykilla
What about flash cookies and such?

Since we buy an account from you, regardless of the fact that you make it a seller account and phone verify beforehand, when we list an item, eBay will realize our computer has a completely different IP address and flash cookies and such are nonexistant before or just recently added.

They could mark the change as suspicious and place it under scrutiny.

Is there any way we can solve this problem? Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Just taking precautions.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-21-2009 at 09:07 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-21-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman
Default Question about buying ebay accounts & Flash cookies

I have also thought about this when I used to log on, on a different computer. I also wondered about what happens when someone gets a new computer or they move and suddenly have different ip and address. I think it probably would put the account under a little more watch then normal but it happens.

What do others think?

Last edited by lakeman; 03-21-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-21-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yeah, this is my primary concern regarding use of an eBay account purchased from someone else.
Old 03-21-2009

Longevity: 95%

So far i never had any complints about the flash cookies so that leads me to belive that the cookies are not yet in effect and maybe they start when the sellers starts listing items for sale. Who knows all i know is i sold tons of accounts not only here but on other fourms and never had a problem with flash cookies
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Have you performed the phone call check from eBay on your accounts you have for sale?
Old 03-22-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

I agree with HWGA, since you only have recently made accounts for sale right now, flash cookies and IP issues are a potential threat. You claim your accounts to be phone verified. However, the first time an item is listed, we will have to change the phone number for the listing verification call. Wouldn't the new phone, flash cookies, and IP address put the account under scrutiny?
Old 03-22-2009

listing verification calls only contain to listing of certin items like high $ VeRO items or listingof a bunch of high $ stuff or if you look and act like a scammer.

I had used ebay through countless accounts and only one time did i every get a listing verification call and i didnt even answare it.

It all depneds on what u sale and if your saleing high risk items it would be best to change your phone number as soon as you get the account.

My accounts works fine for all my customers :D
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When you create NEW eBay accounts that are set up as a SELLERS account you are required to do a eBay Call Verification upon creation of the seller account.
This call is required by all US based accounts that go from a basic buyer account into a seller account BEFORE any selling is ever done.

My question still stands unanswered:
Have you done the automated verification phone with eBay that gives you the 4 digit code ?
Old 03-22-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Doughboykilla, please answer HWGA's question as both of us have asked that question. I'm just concerned with the recency of the account and having to change everything immediately before selling. Perhaps it would be best if you listed an item on these accounts before selling them in order to make sure all based are covered regarding selling verification.
Old 03-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When you create NEW eBay accounts that are set up as a SELLERS account you are required to do a eBay Call Verification upon creation of the seller account.
This call is required by all US based accounts that go from a basic buyer account into a seller account BEFORE any selling is ever done.

My question still stands unanswered:
Have you done the automated verification phone with eBay that gives you the 4 digit code ?
All accounts are phone verfied! useing the method such as this http://shiptrack.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SCRPlaceCall i can not make a sellers account with out doing the auto call and pin from ebay.

If your trying to tell me all new sellers will get a call from a real ebay rep and verfiying what you are selling then your crazy cause ebay reps dose not call every single new seller that lists on ebay! There flags that trigers the Reps that call you and like i said u start off a new seller sell 10 LV handbags at $100 each and these value ate $1000 each retail your going to eather get banned or get a phone call from a real live person that works for ebay.

Hints the word (Phone Verfied)in my listing however getting a call from a ebay rep comfirming what i sell i do not do this as i have no idea what my customers sell! If you buy a ebay sellers account and plan to list highrisk or VeRO then its best to get you a tracfone cause u might get a call from a ebay rep verfiying what you are saleing.

Last edited by doughboykilla; 03-22-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-22-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

This is not really the concern here. HWGA is not suggesting a call from an eBay rep.

Read the part in his post about the 4-digit code. THAT call is what we are talking about.

Personally, I'm talking about the 4-digit code required to list the first item.
Old 03-22-2009

Yeah u only have to do the 4 digits when u frist make a sellers id never had i seen u do this just to start listing on ebay a 2nd time to put in the 4 digits

So what your saying is when u make a sellers id add a credit card then u got to verfiy your phone number which is required by ebay to become a seller then u goto list a item then u will have to do the phone verfiry again a 2nd time just to list the item. To me that sounds like alot of hassle i bet theres alot of new users griping about that i know i would. that would be 2 phone verfiys in a 10 min period if u list right after becomeing a seller.

Na that dose not sound right something u listed triggerd it cause none of my buyers never said anything about this. I know cause if it did they would email me and tell me it needed to be verfied
Old 03-22-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

When you register a sellers account, they call and give you the 4 digit code to verify. They do not call every person a 2nd time when they try to list there first item. The might call if you are selling very or high risk items but mostly they don't call when you try to list.
Old 03-22-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Lakeman, we are talking about automated phone calls.
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
When you register a sellers account, they call and give you the 4 digit code to verify. They do not call every person a 2nd time when they try to list there first item. The might call if you are selling very or high risk items but mostly they don't call when you try to list.
You are 100% correct.
This is the call that I am asking about.
Old 03-22-2009

Robfagles, I know what your talking about. Doughboykillas very first post in his for sale thread states his accounts are phone verified, which means they have the 4 digit code entered into them from the automated call.
Old 03-22-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Alright, so that's cleared up.

Doughboykilla, let me know when the accounts are ready.

I wish you would have these premade and not made the same day I buy. You could sell them for a lot more money that way.
Old 01-19-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Question about buying ebay accounts & Flash cookies

I was kicked off eBay before so I have recently just bought an established eBay account after reading eBay Stealth at length. Now, I have just set up a new paypal account with completely new name, address, bank account, phone number etc. I will need to change all the details on the eBay account (email address, user ID, home address, name etc) to match the details in my new Paypal account to it, which ofcourse has completely different registration details from the established eBay account. This feels like too many changes at once, which i believe eBay would notice and take action against. What do I do? Or is it okay to just link an eBay account to a PayPal account with varying personal details?
Old 01-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Did you buy this from a seller here or off the forum?

If you purchased from a seller here, please et in touch with them to get their advice on what to do about changing info.

You are correct. Changing info will flag your account.

btw, did you notice this thread dates back to 2009????

Old 01-19-2015

Longevity: 54%

I wonder if the number of posts/span of time is some sort of record for an active thread? I would think it would almost have to be...