Integrating Paypal & Auctiva with Cart-Manager - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Integrating Paypal & Auctiva with Cart-Manager

Is there anyone on here who can guide me on how to use Cart-Manager with a pre-11/07 account (until I can get my merchant account set up) and integrate it with Paypal, and Auctiva in a way so that it does not get linked to my eBay account and most importantly, avoids immediate limitations, or the dreaded 21 day hold on funds?

Though I signed up for Cart-Manager for a previous Stealth account, I never actually used it, because I could never figure out how to integrate it with Paypal and Auctiva.

At one point, Modee offered to help, but then when he tried to charge me $65 for just setting up the CM account, which I thought was unreasonably high, and could not afford, I never ended up following through with him - which I'm now glad of, since he's now been banned from the forum.

In any case, I don't have any problems signing up for the Cart-Manager account. But I DO need help integrating it with Paypal & Auctiva, such that it is not linked to my eBay account with all the associated problems with that (21 day hold, limitations, etc.)

I would really appreciate any help in this area!

Thanks!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-19-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Well you can't integrate cart manager with Auctiva last I checked, you can link it to a PayPal account, Google Checkout account and dozens of other merchant accounts and link it to your eBay account like Auctiva. And you can use checkout buttons within your auctions and set cart manager to invoice buyers automatically.

You just have to link eBay and cart manager. There is a button within cart manager to do this, just follow the instructions.

I agree initially cart manager is a pain.. but once you get used to it, it's a nice tool to have.

Oh, and I charge $60 to activate a cart manager account, it cost me $50 when I activate an account, so I have to at least charge a little more then $50. But after that it's $15/mo and you're set. It's not for everyone, and I'm not pushing it either. Good luck,

Last edited by aspkin; 04-19-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 98%

Wow, I didn't know cartmanager had such a high setup fee. I also though they were $5 or $10 a month.

You know it'd be nice if cartmanager could do paypal integration but then strip the eBay transaction off the paypal transaction, which then removes the possibility of a 21-day hold and removes the "not as described" disputes. Or even better, change it to "quasi-cash" or "service". And send it to a paypal account on a slightly different email as even if you block paypal in your checkout, buyers are always forcing it through.

Last edited by Jonas; 04-20-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Well since I'm not actually activating the cart-manager fees, as I'll only be using the free 14 day trial, and will then probably be abandoning it (at least that account one) when I get my merchant account, I won't be paying the $50 fees, so $60, seems even too much higher - since I'll only be using it for the 14 day free trial.

Is there a way to avoid linking the Cart-Manager and Ebay, and just manually invoice the buyers or put buttons in the listing to send payment to paypal as "goods" without it showing up on Paypal as an eBay transaction and be able to avoid the 21 day hold?

I'm NOT using this as a long-term solution, NOR for a permanent account(s). I am just using it for the free 14 day trial until I can get enough money and can also set up my own merchant account.

Can someone help me on how to set it up so that buyers can't go through the eBay checkout and have to pay through my invoice, or the buttons on the listing??
Old 04-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

umm there's no way to avoid linking cartmanager and ebay.. cartmanager cant get the buyer info if you dont allow to see your ebay info right ;-)

As for ebay checkout, go to your site preferences and turn off the site checkout..

in terms of getting your buyers to pay via cartmanager, you should list in your auctions that they will receive an invoice in their emails.. it helps but from time to time you will get buyers that pay directly anyways...

Once yo uset up your cartmanager you can generate a winner bidder button, that part is pretty simple (just insert a code into your listing)
Old 04-20-2009
Threadstarter  

But does Cart-Manager NEED to get the buyer info at all? I mean, if I just send them an invoice for "goods" and they send me the payment, what buyer info would they need?

Also, if I link eBay and Cart-Manager, will the Paypal still have the 21 day hold or is that only on eBay accounts created after 11/07??
Old 04-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

cartmanager is the buffer = no 21 day holds ((technically paypal's system doesnt know that this was for an ebay transaction..))

If you want to send an invoice for goods, there's no need for cartmanager because you would still need to manually create an invoice for every auction..it defeats the purpose of the automated invoices..
Old 04-20-2009
Threadstarter  

So let me make sure I understand this.......

If I use cartmanager and link it with ebay, I will be able to use automated invoices, but paypal will NOT know it is an eBay transaction, and therefore will NOT limit the account as soon as a payment hits the account, or put a 21 day hold on it??
Old 04-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Correct, no 21 day hold...

somebody recently said that after about year or so of ebay-CM-paypal , they were limited and asked for info etc.. so its pretty much a good way to go
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 91%

I'd make sure you use different PayPal account for Cartmanager, not the one already linked to your Ebay for purchases. I don't know what are you selling, but for certain categories you can only use PayPal linked already to your Ebay. If you use linked PayPal, they may look more into it where the payment comes from since it is not Ebay sale, or at least it doesn't show as Ebay auction, just goods or something. In other words, I use PayPal that never receives any Ebay payments anyway.
Old 04-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Can someone help me with how to integrate Cartmanager with Paypal, and how to set up payment buttons on the listing and/or automatic invoicing?

Because I can't figure out how to set it all up!
Old 04-20-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I would be interested in a good walk-through for doing this, as well.
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 88%

don't post this info outside the subscriber room for paypal to see that cartmanger= no holds
Old 04-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Of course, I won't post it outside.

But is there someone who can help me integrate Cartmanager with Paypal, and set up payment buttons on the listing and/or automatic invoicing??
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 91%

All you have to do is read what options Cartmanager gives you and than start checking what applies to you. On your left side near the bottom there is Ebay integration link/button. You do that last. A lot is self explanatory, so just go ahead and start.. People will help you if you run into difficulties.
Old 04-20-2009
Vicvelcro

Speaking for myself:

Auctiva is confusing enough to figure out. Cartmanager makes zero sense to me. Combine both of those issues and you see me ready to jump in front of a bus just to cure the headache I got from trying to figure any of it out.

I'm not a complete moron, more like a 75% moron... Anyhow, my level of experience in sourcing is strong, my experience in promoting isn't too shabby, but my understanding of collecting and payment processing is abysmal. I like the good old days of send me a check, a money order, or cash in a greeting card. When it came to being TIED to Paypal, I was truly ready to give up. I was lucky enough to have a friend, who is also a seller, show me everything. He did it all for me while I looked over his shoulder. Laugh if you want, but physical money makes sense to me. This virtual payment thing would drive me to drinking if I weren't already an accomplished drinker.

The help pages offered by both of those providers might as well be written in greek, as relates to my ability for comprehending ANY of it. I'm not exaggerating. I don't have a ducking clue what any of it means. Processors, gateways, carts, clearing houses... Just shoot me.

Basically, I could use a walkthrough. Similar to the IGN walkthrough for Zelda - Windwaker. You know, do this, click that, 4 steps to the left, bend over, kiss your own heinie, xyzzy, and all that rot.

Anybody willing?
Old 04-20-2009
Threadstarter  

I agree with Vic.

I mean I understand some stuff online, but Cartmanager & its control panel is totally confusing!

Is there someone who can actually help, the way that Vic describes??
Old 04-20-2009
Administrator

Well, seriously it's not that difficult. First things firsts you link your cart manager account to eBay via the control panel in cart manager. If you don't want to link accounts then **** off.

You need to link accounts, or just start sending invoices via PayPal, good luck with that.

I don't see what's so difficult.. here I'll paint a picture..

From CartManager:

eBay Basic Walkthrough

Please follow these user friendly instructions on how to set up your cart with your merchant account so that you will be able to process credit cards for your eBay auctions.

After you have completed these instructions, your cart account will be authorized in your eBay account. From that point, for any eBay item that is confirmed for purchase or won in auction, the cart system will automatically send an email to your customers that includes a "Checkout" button that allows your customers to pay for the item.

If you do not have an existing eBay Seller account, please first obtain one at Sell on eBay. The World's Online Marketplace.
Login to CartManager - How The World Shops On-Line with your assigned cart username and password.
Connect the cart to your gateway account by going to the section called "Cart Settings", and the subsection, "Payment/Gateway Settings" and doing the following:
  1. Select your gateway.
  2. Enter the requested gateway information.

Go to the �Extra Features� section of the cart, and then click on the link, "eBay Auctions". This is located in the left-side menu.
Click on �eBay sign in�. This will take you to the eBay website.
Login to eBay.
Click �Agree and Continue�. It will display a page explaining when to update the authorization.
Click on �Click Here to continue�.
On this page you are given three options.
  1. The typical merchant will list all of their products directly into eBay, or use a listing tool like �Turbo Lister�. If this describes you, click on the top option.
  2. You also have the option to list auctions to eBay through the cart tool �Inventory Control�. If you want to be able to use both, click on the middle option.
  3. If you do not want to list directly in eBay and want to list through the cart exclusively, click on the bottom option.

Default Shipping Settings or Inventory Control.
  1. If you chose option (a) or (b) in step 8, you will now be able to set up some default shipping and handling settings. These settings will only be used if you do not have shipping set up in the auction. You can set up a flat fee using �Handling Charge�, and/or allow the cart to calculate a shipping amount by entering an �Item Weight�, and a �Ship Method�. Your cart is now ready to be used to take payment for your auctions. The following steps are only for those that wish to use the Shopping Cart Inventory Control tool to list auctions to eBay.
  2. If you chose option (c) in step 8, you can now add auction items to the cart�s "Inventory Control" tool. Click on �eBay Auctions� in the left menu.

Select �Add A New Product - Using Cart Inventory Control�.
Enter the auction item information and click �Save�.
When complete, you will click on, �Search/Edit An Existing Product" within the cart and a list of all entered items will appear.
Select the item(s) to add to eBay by clicking �eBay� in the same column as the item to be formatted and sent to auction.
Now these items can be completely described and transmitted to eBay for auction without having to switch back and forth between the cart and eBay.com.

Setup your gateway the same way following instructions within CartManager.. it's bloody easy, I setup my MerchantPlus merchant account in less then two minutes with it.

They take Google Checkout, PayPal, and dozens of other payment processors.. don't be lazy guys.
Old 04-20-2009
Vicvelcro

Ok, that helps quite a bit. Some of it still reads a bit like 'tax-code', but it gets me closer than I've been up till now.

It isn't a matter of being lazy or procrastination, on my part. I've done a few things that have worked me in that direction. It has more to do with how my brain processes input. Some things make more sense and some make less sense. I have an excellent perception of psychology and of things mechanical or electrical. I can program certain types of applications. I can count the feelthie munny. I have trouble following concepts relating to virtual money processing. I'll never understand how the blond people think. And politics often boggles me. Actually, almost always.

But really, thanks for this. If I can't make it, using this as a guide, at least I'll be able to formulate specific questions later.
Old 04-20-2009
Administrator

Yeah, no problem, like I said it was difficult for me too in the beginning..

But after awhile it was nothing. Really I've grown to like Cart-Manager..

And merchant accounts are the same, I love a good merchant account.

Good luck,
Old 04-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Well, seriously it's not that difficult. First things firsts you link your cart manager account to eBay via the control panel in cart manager. If you don't want to link accounts then **** off.

You need to link accounts, or just start sending invoices via PayPal, good luck with that.

I don't see what's so difficult.. here I'll paint a picture..

From CartManager:

eBay Basic Walkthrough

Please follow these user friendly instructions on how to set up your cart with your merchant account so that you will be able to process credit cards for your eBay auctions.

After you have completed these instructions, your cart account will be authorized in your eBay account. From that point, for any eBay item that is confirmed for purchase or won in auction, the cart system will automatically send an email to your customers that includes a "Checkout" button that allows your customers to pay for the item.

If you do not have an existing eBay Seller account, please first obtain one at Sell on eBay. The World's Online Marketplace.
Login to CartManager - How The World Shops On-Line with your assigned cart username and password.
Connect the cart to your gateway account by going to the section called "Cart Settings", and the subsection, "Payment/Gateway Settings" and doing the following:
  1. Select your gateway.
  2. Enter the requested gateway information.

Go to the �Extra Features� section of the cart, and then click on the link, "eBay Auctions". This is located in the left-side menu.
Click on �eBay sign in�. This will take you to the eBay website.
Login to eBay.
Click �Agree and Continue�. It will display a page explaining when to update the authorization.
Click on �Click Here to continue�.
On this page you are given three options.
  1. The typical merchant will list all of their products directly into eBay, or use a listing tool like �Turbo Lister�. If this describes you, click on the top option.
  2. You also have the option to list auctions to eBay through the cart tool �Inventory Control�. If you want to be able to use both, click on the middle option.
  3. If you do not want to list directly in eBay and want to list through the cart exclusively, click on the bottom option.

Default Shipping Settings or Inventory Control.
  1. If you chose option (a) or (b) in step 8, you will now be able to set up some default shipping and handling settings. These settings will only be used if you do not have shipping set up in the auction. You can set up a flat fee using �Handling Charge�, and/or allow the cart to calculate a shipping amount by entering an �Item Weight�, and a �Ship Method�. Your cart is now ready to be used to take payment for your auctions. The following steps are only for those that wish to use the Shopping Cart Inventory Control tool to list auctions to eBay.
  2. If you chose option (c) in step 8, you can now add auction items to the cart�s "Inventory Control" tool. Click on �eBay Auctions� in the left menu.

Select �Add A New Product - Using Cart Inventory Control�.
Enter the auction item information and click �Save�.
When complete, you will click on, �Search/Edit An Existing Product" within the cart and a list of all entered items will appear.
Select the item(s) to add to eBay by clicking �eBay� in the same column as the item to be formatted and sent to auction.
Now these items can be completely described and transmitted to eBay for auction without having to switch back and forth between the cart and eBay.com.

Setup your gateway the same way following instructions within CartManager.. it's bloody easy, I setup my MerchantPlus merchant account in less then two minutes with it.

They take Google Checkout, PayPal, and dozens of other payment processors.. don't be lazy guys.
great post aspkin...hopefully this helps people if they search the forms for answers instead of asking the same questions over and over

Old 04-21-2009

Longevity: 89%
Default cart manager in uk

hi hello to everbody

i need now if cart manager work in ebay.co.uk ?

Anyone already try????

Last edited by kianda; 04-21-2009 at 05:29 PM.