Set to open a new Amazon account - will my plan work...? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-21-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Set to open a new Amazon account - will my plan work...?

I am based in Australia but got suspended from Amazon US about 2 years ago when I was inexperienced and stupid. I now have a legitimate business and would love to start selling on there. Could someone tell me if I have covered all my bases or if I am missing something?

1.) Switch my business structure from a sole trader to a company - register my company's address under the address of my accountant (his suggestion) so that I can have the documentation to back up the company address.

2.) I got married in the last two years so my last name has changed since my old account was suspended - that way I can hopefully give Amazon my legitimate name in case I need to prove my identity.

3.) I have a new laptop since my old account was suspended. This laptop has not been used to sign into an amazon account ever.

4.) We have switched from broadband to NBN network for our internet - so this will hopefully mean we have a new MAC address. I may use a VPN also just in case there is still a link here.

5.) I will have a new company bank account and credit card which has never been used with Amazon.

6.) I have a new prepaid phone number

7.) I will be selling completely different items including some items in the handmade category.

So basically the only things that would be the same would be my first name and my DOB.

Is there anything else I am missing? And is this likely to work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by Jodz; 05-21-2017 at 05:55 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2017

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Set to open a new Amazon account - will my plan work...?

That all looks very well thought out. You should be good.

Although ideally you wouldn't want to reuse even your first name, but it seems you have taken the steps to really minimize the connection between your old account

Best of luck to you
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
Jodz (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

I would say same date of birth and first name certainly create link, you can use same name even suspended one with different date of birth
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
Jodz (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodz View Post
I am based in Australia but got suspended from Amazon US about 2 years ago when I was inexperienced and stupid. I now have a legitimate business and would love to start selling on there. Could someone tell me if I have covered all my bases or if I am missing something?

1.) Switch my business structure from a sole trader to a company - register my company's address under the address of my accountant (his suggestion) so that I can have the documentation to back up the company address.

2.) I got married in the last two years so my last name has changed since my old account was suspended - that way I can hopefully give Amazon my legitimate name in case I need to prove my identity.

3.) I have a new laptop since my old account was suspended. This laptop has not been used to sign into an amazon account ever.

4.) We have switched from broadband to NBN network for our internet - so this will hopefully mean we have a new MAC address. I may use a VPN also just in case there is still a link here.

5.) I will have a new company bank account and credit card which has never been used with Amazon.

6.) I have a new prepaid phone number

7.) I will be selling completely different items including some items in the handmade category.

So basically the only things that would be the same would be my first name and my DOB.

Is there anything else I am missing? And is this likely to work?

Thanks in advance for your help!
They will ask for your ID and DOB - this will create a link 100%

On companies house, if you're the director of your company - it will show all your companies you run and all your addresses..(have you had a previous company before?)

Better to just ask a friend to set the account up for u in this case
The Following User Says Thank You to james929 For This Useful Post:
Jodz (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
I would say same date of birth and first name certainly create link, you can use same name even suspended one with different date of birth
The only thing with using a different date of birth is that if they ask for my ID (as company director) then the DOB I give them will not match that on my passport.

I have a whole new passport now with my new last name and new photo, passport number etc so I was hoping this would be ok to use for identification purposes. I am not even sure if I gave them identification last time (honestly cannot remember) as I was suspended before I got too far but if I did it would have been my old Australian drivers license with my maiden name.

I know it may be a risk using my same first name and DOB but surely there are loads of people with the same first name who also have the same DOB? I guess you never know with Amazon though
Old 05-21-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james921 View Post
They will ask for your ID and DOB - this will create a link 100%

On companies house, if you're the director of your company - it will show all your companies you run and all your addresses..(have you had a previous company before?)
Hey James,

Thanks for your response. I just mentioned this as a reply to the comment above (sorry to repeat myself!) I now have a whole new passport with my new last name, new photo, new passport number etc. I don't even remember giving Amazon my ID last time as I was suspended pretty quickly, but if I did it would have definitely been my old drivers licence with my maiden name. So surely this new passport would be ok to use? As an Australian citizen I do not need to worry about SSN or EIN etc.

I have never had a company before as I have always been a sole trader, so that's not a concern for me.

Do you know exactly what documentation Amazon require initially for account setup, and for verification purposes for a company when you reach a selling threshold?

As company director would I need to disclose my personal residential address or just the company address?
Old 05-21-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james921 View Post
Better to just ask a friend to set the account up for u in this case
By this do you mean register the entire company under a friends name as well as the Amazon account?

Or register the company under my name but put a friends name as the director when Amazon asks for this? (Sorry I am not 100% sure what info Amazon asks for so this is what I am trying to figure out).

If I was to register the entire company under a friends name with the Australian Tax Office then this could hold my friend liable for all sorts of tax issues which I do not want to do, but if I register the company under my name with the Australian Tax Office but then give Amazon a friends name as director then any documentation they request will not match?

Maybe I am missing something. I am still trying to figure everything out so bear with me. I really appreciate all your responses!!
Old 05-21-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
That all looks very well thought out. You should be good.

Although ideally you wouldn't want to reuse even your first name, but it seems you have taken the steps to really minimize the connection between your old account

Best of luck to you
Thanks Elmo! I appreciate your response.

If I set up my new Amazon account under my new company do you know exactly what information they will require firstly for the initial set up of the account, and secondly for verification purposes later on?

For example will they need proof of the company directors (which will be me) residential address as well as the business address? How much personal information do they require on the company director?

Thanks for your help
Old 05-22-2017

Longevity: 65%

Amazon document requests these days are business license, utility bill, passport and bank statement.