Registering similar email addresses and password - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-18-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Registering similar email addresses and password

To remember things easier (i do jot them down on google spreadsheet).

I put first last name and x on the email addresses and password usually has last name with like x and same couple of digits at the end (required for passwords).

Is this something that will get linked pretty easily as email companies (using gmx right now) that can see similar password / username habits..

These are all buyer accounts on ebay/amazon so if it gets destroyed not too worried but , some of my buyer accounts are getting up their on the purchases and preservation will be good
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Registering similar email addresses and password

I highly doubt it. That sounds like a fairly common method for people to name their accounts.
Other things could link you though as I'm sure you know.
Old 10-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%

Don't email companies or any corporations etc.. have access too some kind of filtering of password similarities etc..

I know I'm getting little too detailed but it's nice to know before you start making decisions on what actions to take only to find out certain details you didn't follow.

So basically if I have 3 different names that are kind of nicknames or new names.

Let say last name is Johnson. I'll put 99YJohnson as email(of course not really using actual letters but for example) then for email pass I'll put like 99YJohnson44

And 8 other emails will have same 99Y and 44 at end. Just easier to remember.

But if some corporations who have endless resources can somehow crack this and link then guess not a good idea lol

But then again, corporations don't care about small fishes like me. so who knows
Old 12-18-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Don't email companies or any corporations etc.. have access too some kind of filtering of password similarities etc......
Odds are, if you've thought of it, they have too. Stronger odds are it's being tracked as well.

Don't forget, for every little thing that may have used to take 1,000 man hours per year can now be done with a small piece of code, and with computers today they can run as many of these pieces of code, and save as much information as they want, for as long as they want, looking for similarities or anything else that raises the smallest of flags. And all this information storage and information searching and information evaluation is by computers and costs them almost nothing to do.

And there are departments where this is all they do all day, every day, with a considerable budget and with truly skilled labor. You might have to talk to someone who barely speaks English in another part of the world when you have a problem with the service you pay a hefty fee for, but when it comes to them covering their butt's, you can bet THAT is the office (along with accounting) where the best, most-skilled, english speaking, college educated, carefully evaluated labor ends up working.

My personal rule is if you can think it, consider it a strong possibility that it's being looked for. And I'm sure there's a huge % of things they don't act on that they collect the data for anyway, just because they can or that it might help in the future.

I know there's a limit to what you can assume where it becomes paranoia, but since all this is so easy to do now, and in one way or another affects their bottom line, I think it's only reasonable to assume a LOT is collected and a LOT is used in one way or another.