eBay Untouchables. How do they do it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-16-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default eBay Untouchables. How do they do it?

There seem to be sellers on eBay that are untouchable. How do they do it?

I sell the same stuff as them, e-liquid (non-nicotine), but my posts get removed within 3 days, while their posts remain active with a long "sold" history.

I even word my posts like theirs. I'm pretty sure that I'm being reported, but I'm sure they report each other too.

Here are my other observations:
1. Seller rating are high: 500-1000+. I'm 100+
2. They don't rotate accounts.
3. They don't sell other products.
4. They have duplicate posts but change the quantity: 1x 2x 3x, etc.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: eBay Untouchables. How do they do it?

Lots of trial and error, back-up accounts, probably get taken down/suspended but they have multiple stuff going - can never be 100% certain
Old 05-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

You literally answered your own question in your rant.
Old 05-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicomambo View Post
There seem to be sellers on eBay that are untouchable. How do they do it?

I sell the same stuff as them, e-liquid (non-nicotine), but my posts get removed within 3 days, while their posts remain active with a long "sold" history.

I even word my posts like theirs. I'm pretty sure that I'm being reported, but I'm sure they report each other too.

Here are my other observations:
1. Seller rating are high: 500-1000+. I'm 100+
2. They don't rotate accounts.
3. They don't sell other products.
4. They have duplicate posts but change the quantity: 1x 2x 3x, etc.
Basically it's the big seller getting you 'flagged'. A process only few know how to do.
Old 05-17-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies guys!

Just want to be clear, I'm not ranting (or am I? Lol!), and I'm past the "If they can sell it, why can't I" stage as commonly seen in the forums.

I actually admire them- that they were able to grow despite all the competitors that are determined to bring them down, and want to know how they did it...success stories...HOW DID THEY BEAT THE SYSTEM?

Mind you, some of these sellers' listings are all prohibited stuff. They're not even hidden among other legit items.
Old 05-17-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

It all comes down to selling history. They most likely have built it up over a year or so selling lower risk items, so they can get away with higher risk items now. Doesn't make them untouchable though, if there's strong reasoning, they can have their listings taken down, but its just less likely.
Old 05-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

ebay fees.
Old 05-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys!

Just want to be clear, I'm not ranting (or am I? Lol!), and I'm past the "If they can sell it, why can't I" stage as commonly seen in the forums.

I actually admire them- that they were able to grow despite all the competitors that are determined to bring them down, and want to know how they did it...success stories...HOW DID THEY BEAT THE SYSTEM?

Mind you, some of these sellers' listings are all prohibited stuff. They're not even hidden among other legit items.
Trial and error - good luck - feel free to post your observations
Old 05-23-2018

Longevity: 38%

i have a different opinion to others.

i think there's a magic switch in the ebay system. when turned on, you have automatic immunity to most reporting.

i helped a friend setup an account to sell a brand item. listing got pulled after a few days for being ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (which it wasn't). i contacted ebay on chat and said what the f*** are you doing??? (said in a polite was though - but complaining and fuming at the same time). they said sorry. they said that they had changed something and now i would be allowed to sell again.

not had any trouble since. we undersold all other sellers to get sales. i'm sure if there were 'untouchables' they must have tried to get the listing wiped out.

just a theory of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to starengine For This Useful Post:
nicomambo (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by starengine View Post

i think there's a magic switch in the ebay system. when turned on, you have automatic immunity to most reporting.

i helped a friend setup an account to sell a brand item. listing got pulled after a few days for being ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (which it wasn't). i contacted ebay on chat and said what the f*** are you doing??? (said in a polite was though - but complaining and fuming at the same time). they said sorry. they said that they had changed something and now i would be allowed to sell again.

not had any trouble since. we undersold all other sellers to get sales. i'm sure if there were 'untouchables' they must have tried to get the listing wiped out.

just a theory of course.
Hmm interesting post Starengine, and thank you for sharing. I'm curious to know if you have tried selling high risk items to test the "immunity" you are currently enjoying.

From what I understand, it is a relatively new account?

As others have pointed out, a lot of the ones with "immunity" are the old built up accounts. I also wonder if upgrading to a store will help. Something that I will try next.
Old 05-24-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Trial and error - good luck - feel free to post your observations
Happy to share my other observations & my current trial & error in trying to avoid detection, so I can slowly build up my account:

1. This is not something I do, & certainly not worth my time under normal circumstances, but did this as a part of my "experiment". I strongly believe in an open market & I welcome competition.

I focused on 1 seller & reported his items using 3 of my accounts. Did this for 2 weeks. NONE of his listings got removed. It is a built account (400+ rating) with a store. I have stopped reporting since I established that he is pretty immune.

In contrast, my seller rating is 100+ & listings get removed within 3 days.

2. Listings, even after they have ended, can still get "removed". I had 2 prohibited items up. When I got the restriction notice from eBay, they included the past items that have ended & I even deleted from my unsold list.

3. I'm currently experimenting on listing practices that will prevent detection. Longest I've done so far is 6 days, so nothing conclusive yet.
Old 05-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by starengine View Post

just a theory of course.
There might be some truth to it... If you can prove to them that you're not selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ the account will probably become fairly strong. However this is only one end of the story, as Paypal might pull your account pretty soon for being high risk. Thus I think building trust over time on both ebay and paypal will eventually lead to a strong account where you can list higher risk items and are almost untouchable. Just a theory tho.
Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Start selling with big brands right off from day 1. Get limited. Provide all the documents requested and then sell what you want. This is not for everyone and requires quite a bit of extensive knowledge on what they require.
Old 06-03-2018

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
I'm curious to know if you have tried selling high risk items to test the "immunity" you are currently enjoying.

From what I understand, it is a relatively new account?

As others have pointed out, a lot of the ones with "immunity" are the old built up accounts. I also wonder if upgrading to a store will help. Something that I will try next.
Not thoroughly tested to be honest. But will do in due course.
High risk items - you have to know where to buy the real thing at the right price.

Wasn't a new account. Was old. Not sold much until now.

I had old accounts. Many years old. I sold on those. Sooner or later... you get them pulled.
Old 07-21-2018

Longevity: 48%

I've had an account with 2k feedback TRS. Got sold history of 500 then taken down, doesn't mean nothing. If it's an illegal product that shouldn't be sold, chances are it will go down with time if someone reports it. Doesn't really matter on your feedback or account, if it's got to go, it's got to go. Just like mine or anyone else. If I want to, I got to rotate, chances are your competition reported you to get rid of you and make all the sales.
Old 07-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
It all comes down to selling history. They most likely have built it up over a year or so selling lower risk items, so they can get away with higher risk items now. Doesn't make them untouchable though, if there's strong reasoning, they can have their listings taken down, but its just less likely.
As in changing the item for sale on a listing with sales history for another item?