Email client for multiple stealth accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%
Default Email client for multiple stealth accounts?

Hi,

All my stealth email accounts are googlemail as recommended. Can anyone recommend an email client that I can use that will sit on my taskbar and let me know when I have received email on any of these accounts. Would Outlook Express be okay to use?

Many thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

thats an interesting question, id like to know that too, all i know about is you can get pop on gmail to filter all emails to one account
Old 07-13-2009

I use POP Peeper. You can download it off of CNet, or you can get it here.... POP Peeper - Email Notification

It supports all types of emails including Gmail!

Last edited by djtjort; 07-13-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtjort View Post
I use POP Peeper. You can download it off of CNet, or you can get it here.... POP Peeper - Email Notification

It supports all types of emails including Gmail!
Cheers for the info. I'll give it a try.
Old 07-14-2009

Longevity: 89%

Yes, use outlook for gmail and popup notifications

Sucks when biz isn't going so well and you sit there for hours waiting for an email to popup though! Then it's spam or someone asking for the item at half price!
Old 07-14-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicyas View Post
Yes, use outlook for gmail and popup notifications

Sucks when biz isn't going so well and you sit there for hours waiting for an email to popup though! Then it's spam or someone asking for the item at half price!
I access all my stealth accounts from my laptop and I have my "normal" ebay account on my PC. Would it be okay to use Outlook Express to pick up the mail from my Gmail accounts on my PC? Would there be any danger of being "linked" via the web beacons?

Alternatively, could I not just forward my googlemail accounts to my standard email address that is picked up on outlook express?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Old 07-15-2009

Easiest way to avoid that is to set your mails from ebay up as plain text. No images = no beacons.
Old 07-15-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Blackberry Curve 8330
Old 07-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

iPhone 3G S - I can set up all my ebay account email addresses in my phone and I get buying & payment notifications sent directly to my phone. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2009

Longevity: 87%

Portable email clients...they are not installed in your PC...easilly accessible,easily transfered, you may keep them in a small USB drive, leave no traces...
Most of them can easily be configured to notify for new emails even when not running and sort incoming emails to different inboxes. Most of them dont allow Ebay flash downloads and/or any other tracing info to become available. Multiple Gmail accounts can be executed simultaneously.
Old 07-29-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

That's the important part. Not having images or flash load. (both of these can be invisible but still there and still active problems for you)

Forwarding from gmail to another acct doesn't fix that problem unless the final receiving account DOES NOT display the images or load the flash. Same with the client used to read the mail. If it allows an image to load, it's no good.

Think of it like sending your driver license in an envelope to your friend. He doesn't open it. He send it to his uncle. He doesn't open it but sends it to grandma. Grandma opens it and looks at the picture and you are NAILED!

The identifiers they embed are unique. The one you get isn't the one I get. So if that phuquer gets opened anywhere, they KNOW who's it was.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-29-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-29-2009

It would seem to me that if you follow the eBay Stealth ebook and setup separate accounts on your computer you could use your outlook etc. for just that account. And you wouldn't have to worry about images in your email etc.
Would anyone agree?

I just create domain names, put them on my server, and make email addresses. I don't see any problem doing this HOWEVER that's why I'm here in the forum, to receive feedback.
Old 07-29-2009
Vicvelcro

You have the right idea. Don't forward every email account for every ebay login into one mass email bucket and try to view it. Have each one go to the client under the proper windows user account, just like you do for actually logging in.

But the idea people are asking about is intended to streamline the process and it seems they want a way to do it all from one place.
Old 07-31-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi again,

I'm now using Netvibes on my main PC to monitor incomming emails on my "stealth" Gmail accounts. I just needed an untraceable way to monitor email activity on my stealth accounts without having to "log in".

I reread the the stealth guide and found the solution there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2009
Vicvelcro

Can we get a status report? Where to get? How involved is the process to implement?

Do tell.
Old 08-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpapa4 View Post
It would seem to me that if you follow the eBay Stealth ebook and setup separate accounts on your computer you could use your outlook etc. for just that account. And you wouldn't have to worry about images in your email etc.
Would anyone agree?

I just create domain names, put them on my server, and make email addresses. I don't see any problem doing this HOWEVER that's why I'm here in the forum, to receive feedback.

Not recommended. The use of an 'unknown' domain name has been reported here as contributing to suspension. It's one of the reasons you should have noticed that 'commerical' email addresses are suggested.
Last user I know who did this was 99% sure that the uncommon domain name/email addie caused the account to be closely checked. Close checking is not wanted.
Old 08-01-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Can we get a status report? Where to get? How involved is the process to implement?

Do tell.
Netvibes

**This only works with Gmail accounts.**

Sign up for an account. Add the Gmail widgets to your "homepage". Edit Gmail widgets by entering Gmail email address and password. Remove unwanted "clutter" as well.

Your Netvibes homepage then shows all unread emails sitting on each account. They show the sender info, email subject matter and the first line of the message.

It's good enough to keep tabs on any sales (or suspension) messages that Ebay or Paypal send to my stealth accounts.

Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009
Vicvelcro

Will be evaluating this one heavily. I personally thank you for the lead.

Thank You.

[input]

dang. can't use it. requires stuff I disable during ebay/pp sessions.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-01-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 08-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry114 View Post
Blackberry Curve 8330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aking
iPhone 3G S
I would have to agree with both posts on this. However, a seller who has multiple accounts would be nervous thinking the accounts could get linked. Its not worth the risk.

You could set one main seller account up with the phone. And then check the other accounts with in the browser with the sites mobile mail. Mobile mail strips every bit of data in the emails.
Old 08-05-2009

pop peper is the way to go becuase you can disable html and just have your emials shown in plain texts.
Old 08-08-2009

Longevity: 92%

thanks for that mylo, i left it has HTML but blocked all the images, should be ok right?

If any noes any better client, or outlook works, please share

although pop peeper seems good to
Old 08-08-2009

Okay, I'm confused. I'm trying to streamline this as well and will have all stealth email accounts on gmail.

1. Can you not click on an "ebay" email (i.e. seller asks a question, item sold, etc) unless you're on a specific IP address to do so? Meaning you can't check all your gmail accounts on one IP address? It shouldn't matter as long as you don't click on any of the links for ebay, right? I was not aware of this so if someone could clarify...

2. Are "pop peeper" and "netvibes" the same program? If so, which is better for gmail purposes? I was wanting one of these programs for my main desktop (a desktop/user that I don't use for ebay) to check on incoming messages. But I want to be able to read messages from this or it will pretty much be useless.

Again, I was under the impression that you could read any gmail emails from any IP address as long as you didn't click on any of the links.

Input?