Accounts not lasting longer than 3 weeks... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-17-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%

Hey guys,

I sell pretty high ticket items, usually ending at over $100. Every once in awhile I'll have an item go for $60 or so, but some go for several hundred dollars.

I'm not sure how to use the stealth method with this business. It seems everytime I create an account, I let it sit for about 2 weeks, get on, start listing 1 item every 3-5 days, and 3 weeks later, paypal suspends me asking for my life story printed and published (lol).

I need some help on coming up with a strategy that will work for me. My items aren't VeRO items, they dont get removed for anything, they are fine so no problems there. I don't get complaints, so no problems there.

What can I do? PayPal is usually the first and limits me followed a few minutes later by eBay suspending the account. The reason is almost usually just "additional information required".

Thanks for your help,

HeG

P.S. - To add additional info, I use separate user accounts in Windows for each account, I use Firefox in conjunction with CCleaner to cover my tracks, and I use AOL dial-up for accessing the account (and obviously creating). I get my name & address info from FNG.com and I use Gmail for my email.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I suspect that it has to do with cleaning cookies and flash. Used to be that was the thing to do. Now, better to keep it. That way their system recognizes yours.
Old 08-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

How about the apparent lack of FB relative to the amount of monies coming into the account from sales? paypal 'sees' no credibilty (no FB) even though there are no complaints but an increasing amount of money being available....said money could just as easily go out. paypal does not like that
Old 08-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
I suspect that it has to do with cleaning cookies and flash. Used to be that was the thing to do. Now, better to keep it. That way their system recognizes yours.
Yeah sorry, that was old for me too. When the accounts have their own user account, I DON'T clear cookies.
Old 08-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
How about the apparent lack of FB relative to the amount of monies coming into the account from sales? paypal 'sees' no credibilty (no FB) even though there are no complaints but an increasing amount of money being available....said money could just as easily go out. paypal does not like that
True but everything I sell is valuable so I guess I'm not versed in how to gain cheap, quick feedback before I start selling what I really want to sell. Also, wouldn't eBay be the one to boot me for this instead of PayPal?
Old 08-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Here's the rub: yes the item is likely to be valuable, not high risk, not from the man on the moon but paypal still wants credibilty aka feedback. This is where they are nasty: ebay tends not to suspend for an 'ideal item' but paypal will limit because of the item cost to protect itself.

You have been asking about FB for months. Why are you not finding stuff? What you might do is look for something less costly that relates to what you will sell at higher cost. Sell that way, get FB increased.
Old 08-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Here's the rub: yes the item is likely to be valuable, not high risk, not from the man on the moon but paypal still wants credibilty aka feedback. This is where they are nasty: ebay tends not to suspend for an 'ideal item' but paypal will limit because of the item cost to protect itself.

You have been asking about FB for months. Why are you not finding stuff? What you might do is look for something less costly that relates to what you will sell at higher cost. Sell that way, get FB increased.
Thats the issue in itself. I can't find less costly items in my business that I can sell. The people who buy my products want the expensive items, and if I even *create* an item that is lower cost, it just doesn't get bids.

Also, lets go back the the fact that this is all *assuming* that feeback is the issue. I have read some threads on the forum where people have listed tons of items on fresh accounts, made large amounts of money right from the start, and didnt get suspended as quickly as I usually do.
Old 08-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

For starters if I speak of paypal I never assume. I have been on the forum since September 2007. I can only comment on what I think, understand and have worked out. I can only make suggestions that I know may work.Certain amount of FB helps. As for reading the threads of people listing tons of stuff, making heaps of money quickly, I happen to think that there are many users called Pinocchio. In fact I know quite a few.
Old 08-18-2009
Threadstarter  

I catch your drift. lol

So how many feedback would you suggest (from your experiences) I obtain before moving on to my real product? My products sometimes go for more than $400.

Would using the CartManager approach help as well?

-HeG
Old 08-18-2009

Longevity: 85%

Are you able to create an account whereby you can provide the documents they ask for?... That would seem to be the way forward for you.

Maybe a through a business partner or business name/address?

Otherwise I think what ever you do you are going to run into the limitation sooner rather than later.

CaptainJack
Old 08-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
Are you able to create an account whereby you can provide the documents they ask for?... That would seem to be the way forward for you.

Maybe a through a business partner or business name/address?

Otherwise I think what ever you do you are going to run into the limitation sooner rather than later.

CaptainJack
I've heard that stealth accounts can last for quite awhile without having to proof up docs. I mean, I wouldn't mind the kicking every 3 months or so, but 3 weeks is just too soon.
Old 08-18-2009

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottest_eBay_Goddess View Post
Hey guys,

I'm not sure how to use the stealth method with this business. It seems everytime I create an account, I let it sit for about 2 weeks, get on, start listing 1 item every 3-5 days, and 3 weeks later, paypal suspends me asking for my life story printed and published (lol).
I agree with others, selling high ticket items without more FB is a problem.

Quote:
I need some help on coming up with a strategy that will work for me. My items aren't VeRO items, they don't get removed for anything, they are fine so no problems there. I don't get complaints, so no problems there.
Slow and steady, build up feedbacks, etc...how many accounts are you using? If you cycle through a number of acct's, you may last longer with the pricey items.

Quote:
What can I do? PayPal is usually the first and limits me followed a few minutes later by eBay suspending the account. The reason is almost usually just "additional information required".
Have you looked look into merchant accounts? Gets rid of the PP issue.
Regarding eBay suspending you right after PP, they are both owned by eBay as you probably know. Getting PP out of the equation might solve this, might not, but can't hurt.

Quote:
I get my name & address info from FNG.com
Could you give us the right url? fng.com = an engineering company.
Old 08-18-2009

Longevity: 91%

Every new PayPal account will go through limitations, so its best to deal with it and be ready and prepared ahaid of time. What I don't understand is why you get suspended by PayPal first and than, of course, Ebay too.? They suspend for serious stuff only.. I am confused.
It seems you are taking all the right precoutions not to get linked, and still get suspended as soon you start selling? No auctions taken down first, PP limitations first, but suspension right away? From what you are saying, there would be no reason for suspension or limitations.... ?
I believe your problem is the reason you got suspended for the first time...If you can tell us the reason, perhaps we would be able to help you sooner..
Old 08-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
Every new PayPal account will go through limitations, so its best to deal with it and be ready and prepared ahaid of time. What I don't understand is why you get suspended by PayPal first and than, of course, Ebay too.? They suspend for serious staff only.. I am confused.
It seems you are taking all the right precoutions not to get linked, and still get suspended as soon you start selling? No auctions taken down first, PP limitations first, but suspention right away? From what you are saying, there would be no reason for suspention or limitations.... ?
I believe your problem is the reason you got suspended for the first time...If you can tell us the reason, perhaps we would be able to help you sooner..
Hey Lyda,

It's 3 weeks or so after I start selling, not immediately. It usually seems to happen right after I hit $1,000 in sales. The PayPal email is simply called "Additional Information Required" which is followed about 20 minutes or so later by eBay's "MC183 Notification of Limited Account Access
OMARCP". PayPal always limits me first and then a little bit later I get the eBay message. It wouldn't be so bad except PayPal always asks for the SSN # which I obviously can't provide!
Old 08-19-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Why not sell on 4-5 accounts to spread out your sales. That way $1000 on one becomes $250 on 4 accounts and you fly under the radar for a while. Then once your feedback is built up you can sell on one specific account and have the others for back-up in case of suspension. This has always been my approach and I haven't lost a stealth account in almost a year.
Old 08-19-2009
Vicvelcro

Have you tried using the LLC method? If not, look in the subscriber and regular sections for both halves of the subject. If you have questions, please ask in the subscriber half of the thread.
Old 08-19-2009

Probably the sales amount and category triggers the Paypal phone verification. Did you get any call from area code 402? is the phone# you put on Paypal still valid?

Read this old post, maybe helpful.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...ss-omarcp.html
Old 08-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Have you tried using the LLC method? If not, look in the subscriber and regular sections for both halves of the subject. If you have questions, please ask in the subscriber half of the thread.
I will check into it but aren't LLC's like a few hundred bucks to open?
Old 08-19-2009
Vicvelcro

$99 if you do it yourself in most states. Some states cost a bit more. Some agencies charge more. $129-179 is average for agency assistance.
Old 08-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottest_eBay_Goddess View Post
I will check into it but aren't LLC's like a few hundred bucks to open?

You spend money to make money. The cost of the creation of one LLC would be recouped with the selling of one maybe two items according to your figures.
No problems there

Don't know how many accounts you are running: if it more than 3 I would suggest you stop. Check merchant accounts, LLC for say 2 accounts. Get them going, get the money coming in and be a happy ebayer. You might make powerseller. Re-examine what you are doing. You might find the right answer
Old 08-19-2009
Vicvelcro

I can recoup the cost of 2 corps fully loaded by simply pulling a reverse scam on a craigslist nigerian. Fun and Profit.
Old 09-07-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
I can recoup the cost of 2 corps fully loaded by simply pulling a reverse scam on a craigslist nigerian. Fun and Profit.
how you do a reverse nigerian scam on them?
pm me