eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   What can I do as I think this might be a stalker. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/13586-what-can-i-do-i-think-might-stalker.html)

Davidboy81 09-21-2009 08:33 AM

What can I do as I think this might be a stalker.

Good evening all,

I'm convinced that I had some stalkers who'd just bid with no intention to pay. 7 items brought but no payment. No answer to emails....
Guys what do you think I could do to get rid of these people? Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

David

flipstardirect 09-21-2009 08:52 AM

First step I'd take mate is to set your buyer requirements to block users with 0 feedback (as I generally find competitors create new accounts, buy my items, and don't pay). If they're older accounts with more feedback then I'm afraid you have no way of protecting yourself from eBay competition (or a hateful buyer).

Analyse the buyers and compare them, do these accounts have similar personal details/addresses, etc? Or totally random? (if they're totally random and unrelated then I can't really help you there - I'm talking different states entirely)

If they are all in common in some way there is some hope that you can report them to eBay on the grounds of harassing, account abuse, and even feedback blackmail. You should report all the item numbers in which these stalkers don't pay in a single email. HOWEVER don't do this if you're selling a risky/vero/pake/etc. item as this will attract unwanted attention from eBay bots and the eBay fraud team.

If all the accounts are very similar in some way (similar names, live in same area), then it is obvious that this is a one man operation. PM me about this

Hope that helped mate. Competition on eBay is such a pain as always.

Davidboy81 09-21-2009 09:11 AM

Thanks mate.

1 more questions came out of that.

1. How to I set the filter up on my item to refuse bidding for anyone with "0" FB?This option is definitely my number 1 option.

I'll pm you

GreenBean 09-21-2009 06:28 PM

We just had an interesting thread about this:http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...s-bidding.html

Read it carefully as there are options;)

flipstardirect 09-21-2009 06:52 PM

1. Go to My eBay.
2. Click the Account tab, and then click the Site Preferences link in the left navigation.
3. In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Buyer requirements, and then click the Show link.
4. Click the Edit link.

For you I would tick:

- "Buyers who haven't gone through phone verification -> Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 0 or lower."

- "Buyers with Unpaid Item strikes"

- "Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them -> Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought 2 of my items in the last 10 days. -> Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 0 or lower.

AND LASTLY TICK

- "Apply above settings to active and future listings."

Cheers mate, I wish you well :)

Davidboy81 09-22-2009 05:51 AM

Thanks mate. That's top stuff.

But I probably won't be selling for a while yet, as you are aware I'm in some trouble with

App1e. When I get back to selling I'll definitely tick all the boxes needed.

Thanks Flipstardirect...