Is there a way to block new users from bidding? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-15-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Is there a way to block new users from bidding?

I have an annoying bidder who is out to keep ruining my auctions. He keeps bidding ridiculasly high amounts becoming the highest bidder at the end and doesn't pay. I add the user to the blocked bidder list but they keep signing up a new account to do it over again when I relist the auction. Very very faaaacking annoying... now I go into seller preferences and I see you can set bidder requirements but there is no option to block new users (< 30 days old) from bidding. Dammit! How else can I deal with this loser?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2009

Longevity: 86%

Record all of is usernames, and auctions he's ruined.

Call ebay and email them. Give them the information. Hopefully, the guy is not smart enough to change his IP, ebay will be able to handle it from there.

He'll get tired of it soon enough though. That's why I have different selling accounts for difference niches.. just to avoid that type of annoyances.
Old 09-15-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

When you call ebay about this, ask to be transferred to Trust and Safety as soon as you get a human voice. It will save you headaches and possibly give bigger headaches to your tormentor sooner.
Old 09-16-2009

Longevity: 90%

I'm assuming you won't already have a headache after finding the eBAY number through 1000 pages :>
Old 09-16-2009

Longevity: 89%

Try BIN with immediate paypal payment required. I use this way to avoid annoying non-pay bidders.

If this method does not fit what you want, then ignore and contact ebay.
Old 09-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Hey thanks all for the good suggestions. I was going to contact Ebay as a last resort as it's a hassle but if this loser keeps doing this to me I have no choice. I was hoping there was some way to block newly registered users. I do sell under many accounts and this guy is just bugging me on one. For this particular item I am selling it works out better for me to list in auction style as opposed to BIN with immediate payment required. Stupid ppl I don't understand why they gotta play such retarded games and waste people's time..
Old 09-16-2009

Not sure how many auctions you put up there. You can END your Listings early before the auctions end, sell to the highest bidder, kick out any buyers with 0 pt. You have more control by doing this way, just take a little bit more time. Continuing do this way for some time until that guy's no longer interested.
Old 09-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

this user is probably a competitor, or former annoyed customer, there is no other reason, why he would persecute you otherwise, if you say he is newly registered on these accounts, block zero feedback. If you have his name and address on all these accounts, is there a common thread, can you work out real address from it...?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-16-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2009

Longevity: 90%

Easy penny: use buyer requirements tool.
Selecting buyer requirements (eBay Link)

What are buyer requirements

Quote:
By specifying buyer requirements you block buyers from bidding on or purchasing your items based on criteria you specify. You can block buyers who:

Do not have a PayPal account
Have received Unpaid Item strikes
Are registered in countries to which you don't ship
Have reportedly violated eBay policies
Have a Feedback score lower than the number you specify

Are currently winning or have bought '1-100' of your items in the last 10 days (depending on the number you specify)
So you could block anyone who have less than 1 feedback score so to speak, so his fresh new 0 feedback accounts won't be able to place any bid. You can also cancel his bid and he won't be able to place another one again in this listing.

You might lose sales but it will discourage him if you keep it up for a while.
Also, using BIN with immediate payment required is also a very valid solution as blue already suggested to you.

Last edited by TGMT²; 09-18-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaverner76 View Post
Hey thanks all for the good suggestions. I was going to contact Ebay as a last resort as it's a hassle but if this loser keeps doing this to me I have no choice. I was hoping there was some way to block newly registered users. I do sell under many accounts and this guy is just bugging me on one. For this particular item I am selling it works out better for me to list in auction style as opposed to BIN with immediate payment required. Stupid ppl I don't understand why they gotta play such retarded games and waste people's time..
I use bidassure; 30 days free trial...it ended all the asses doing the nonpaying bidder (and information harvesting) from new accounts. The good part is I can stick it on their credit report if they don't pay 20% plus $10 of hammer price and I don' thave to send it if they violate any of my rules. I've had it with these people; they even have a forum where they conspire...if I could find where they live, I'd fly to europe for a special visit!
Old 09-18-2009

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLord View Post
Easy penny: use buyer requirements tool.
Selecting buyer requirements

What are buyer requirements

So you could block anyone who have less than 1 feedback score so to speak, so his fresh new 0 feedback accounts won't be able to place any bid. You can also cancel his bid and he won't be able to place another one again in this listing.

You might lose sales but it will discourage him if you keep it up for a while.
Also, using BIN with immediate payment required is also a very valid solution as blue already suggested to you.
I have a first bidder in my action and I think he is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗!
In my field its -1,-2,-3 not 1,2,3
Whats that? If I tick in -1 will he be blocked?
He has 0 feedbackscores!

If I block him with his ebay id, will all the automatik bids from other bidder dissapear that he has pushed up?
He has an automatik uppdate once aday it seems.
Old 09-18-2009

There is no way to just simply block out all 0 feedback buyers. eBay doesn't want sellers to block them for many reasons. A lot of new good buyers want to buy things, some want to get positive pts to prove themselves, some 0fb feedback buyers can drive up the bids in the very last mins.

When you list something. You can select buyer requirements to block the following type eBay members:

* Are registered in countries to which you don't ship
* Have a negative Feedback score
* Have received unpaid item strikes
* Have reportedly violated eBay policies
* Are currently winning or have bought are large number of your items in the last 10 days
* Do not have a PayPal account

If you want to apply these settings to all current and future listings, select the “Apply above settings to current and future listings” check box.
Old 09-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Ya there is no option to block new and/or 0 fb users so what I did was that I selected option to blocked users that do not have a PayPal account. I haven't seen any bids from this loser in a couple days now. I hope he is just too lazy to create a PayPal account.