Problems with paypal: unsure about reasons - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Problems with paypal: unsure about reasons

I have had this account open since October, it was actually an account I had in my back pocket that I created "stealth like." I had a new bank account, new address, new phone number, new IP, new cookies...everything, except for name, which the Stealth Book specifically says you can't be limited on name alone. NOTHING else matches my suspended account. I have been following the Stealth Book to a T, never listing more than 5 items per day, and several days not listing any items at all! I sell antiques and collectibles, and the stuff I listed so far has been super cheap (under $20 because I am afraid to sell anything good on a new account for fear that people won't bid). I also sell iphones, but I have been afraid again to sell those, not only because of red flags, but because of having a new account. I did list one iphone but it has not ended yet. I didn't think that one would throw a red flag up because lots of people sell their own phones on eBay and open accounts specifically for that...Anyway, having never withdrawn a single penny from my paypal account and with only $109 in it (1/2 of it pending from the 21 day holds - gotta love that), They limited my account and are asking for a TON of information now! They are asking for the following:

Confirm your bank account Information Submitted Complete
Confirm Location
Confirm Social Security number
Provide business information
Provide proof of delivery
Provide Invoices
Supplier Contact Info
Set credit check address

I don't have any of this information because of course the account is stealth! I do have proof of delivery and can prove the location because its a PO box that my bank statements go to - although I'd have to wait for the next one to come in and that would take forever...but is there any way to not provide the info they are asking or am I screwed and need to start over again? Please let me know if there is anything I could have done differently, and how I can avoid this in the future.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2010

Activity: 31%

.You have to start over again..This is what the stealth game for.
Just remember the rules next time and more carefully.
Also remeber EBAY and paypal are internet Imperialism companies.You do what they wanted and asked and if they decided to screw you up and break your wings you have to just say alright and decide to quit or take off again..Its Simple.
Old 01-06-2010

Longevity: 85%

Start over. Next time, try using a variation of your name, especially if you have an uncommon name. PayPal can limit you for anything, so it's better to be on the safe side.
Old 01-06-2010

Longevity: 85%

To echo the sentiments above limitations can happen whatever you do :(

Being stealth doesn't make your account bulletproof.

It's just the luck of the draw. Don't lose heart - give it another go! Your next account could be the one that sticks. Get a few on the go then it won't feel so bad when one goes down.

CaptainJack
Old 01-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys...I do have an EXTREMELY common name...that is why I thought it would be ok...Is the name the only thing I did wrong? I just called paypal and explained (as nicely as possible whilst truly wanting to scream into the woman's ear and wish for her to go deaf) that I don't give my social security number out and I don't feel comfortable with a credit check. I explained that I don't have a supplier as I am just selling things from flea markets and around the house etc. She said that she would "take note" of all this and it would go into review after all of my items have been delivered (fantastic - since the freakin northeast is snowed in right now :( ...) What do you guys think of that?
Old 01-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

As a matter of interest, how long after you listed the iphone did the account get limited? We talk of flags, triggers and such. If the phone was listed on this account, that may be part of the reason. Interested to know.
Old 01-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Just a few days later....that is the other thing I am scared of because that is what I SELL! what am I going to do about selling iphones if they limit me just because one was listed! They don't even give me a chance to screw it up!
Old 01-09-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Just listing cell phones in general makes you a target. Start off slower next time, maybe sell accessories first?
Old 01-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyyorkie View Post
Just a few days later....that is the other thing I am scared of because that is what I SELL! what am I going to do about selling iphones if they limit me just because one was listed! They don't even give me a chance to screw it up!
That was most likely what tripped the limitation. To them, the screw up was the iphone listing. From what I have seen the iphone is problematic. There are too many copies around, many scams happen. It's enough for paypal to stop the user selling them.

What to do? Start selling phone accessories, have a mixture of items. Don't be selling say household goods, then drop an ihpone. Slowly list, increase your prices with sales. Like don't go from $10 to $200 in one hit.... even I would think woah...