Diffierence between usa & uk paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Diffierence between usa & uk paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Yes the whole thing with SS seems to be a real bummer. Thats why I said what I said because we will not have the same problems as you with your credit.

If it was the case that credit history would be affected my opinion would be totally different.

Are there ways around SS for you guys?
I assume there are credit bureau in UK and that's how PayPal manage to make 'some' on there decision on a combination of credit reports and seller performance. You could have good credit and be a lousy seller with no business skills or ethics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Are there ways around SS for you guys?
Yes, it called Tax ID, but you need to have a credit profile on it, in other words credit build. A Tax ID with no credit profile on it is like a person with no credit = bad credit or risk. That's why they may ask for SS# everywhere after your tax id has been given in some cases. Many US seller sell with their personal liability I use my business liability and it's credit which is good. I explained that here. There are many benefit in doing business this way.

Last edited by revenge; 01-23-2010 at 01:01 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2010

Longevity: 85%

No Paypal do not use the Credit Reference Agencies in the UK. They do in some EU countries.

They use publicly availabe databases for ID checking but it is easy to bypass.

CaptainJack
Old 01-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
No Paypal do not use the Credit Reference Agencies in the UK. They do in some EU countries.

They use publicly availabe databases for ID checking but it is easy to bypass.

CaptainJack
Oh really, where did your information from?

Let me address this part here.
Quote:
No Paypal do not use the Credit Reference Agencies in the UK.

CaptainJack
This is what it say in the PayPal private policy for UK.

"Information About You From Third Parties

In order to protect all our customers against potential fraud, we verify the information you provide with bank processors listed in the table under the section "Disclosure to Third Parties Other than PayPal Customers" below. In the course of such verification, we receive personally identifiable information about you from such services. In particular, if you register a credit card or debit card with PayPal, we will use card authorisation and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information that you supplied to PayPal, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.

If you send or receive high overall payment volumes through PayPal, in some circumstances we will conduct a background check on your business by obtaining information about you and your business from a credit bureau or a business information service such as Dun & Bradstreet, as listed in the table under the section entitled, "Disclosure to Third Parties Other than PayPal Customers" below. If you owe us money, we will generally conduct a credit check on you by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, to the extent permitted by law. PayPal, at its sole discretion, also reserves the right periodically to retrieve and review a business and/or consumer credit report supplied by such credit bureau for any account, and reserves the right to close an account based on information obtained during this credit review process".

Source
Again I covered that here and here and this applies for UK, view the reference here it say UK on the URL.

Quote:
No Paypal do not use the Credit Reference Agencies in the UK. ----->They do in some EU countries. <------ CaptainJack
This is what it say on the PayPal website for UK

"This Privacy Policy applies to all European Union countries except Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain and the Vatican City." Right over here.

Revenge

Last edited by revenge; 01-23-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-23-2010

I am aware of what is in the TOS and I am sure in the future they may put this clause into action for individual users.

But at present they don't subscribe to any of the 3 UK CRAs and hence are not able to credit check personal customers (that includes premier business users).

Credit checking a business is completely seperate to credit checking individuals (as in us).

CaptainJack
Old 01-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I am aware of what is in the TOS and I am sure in the future they may put this clause into action for individual users.

But at present they don't subscribe to any of the 3 UK CRAs and hence are not able to credit check personal customers (that includes premier business users).

Credit checking a business is completely seperate to credit checking individuals (as in us).

CaptainJack
"PayPal, at its sole discretion, also reserves the right periodically to retrieve and review a business and/or consumer credit report supplied by such credit bureau for any account, and reserves the right to close an account based on information obtained during this credit review process." For UK
Old 01-23-2010

I can read lol. Paypal say a lot of things.

But in this case they can't check your 'consumer credit report' because they don't subscribe to any of the UK consumer Credit Reference Agencies (something that is very costly!).

As I said this may well likely change in the future. But for the moment it is not something UK users need to worry about.

CaptainJack
Old 01-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I can read lol. Paypal say a lot of things.

But in this case they can't check your 'consumer credit report' because they don't subscribe to any of the UK consumer Credit Reference Agencies (something that is very costly!).

As I said this may well likely change in the future. But for the moment it is not something UK users need to worry about.

CaptainJack
I think we are going to have use sources to back up our post to avoid misleading anyone by posting i think or hear say.

What are some good concrete sources?

Hard source - cited from a book or a website example from PayPal, eBay, Law firm and so on(example my quote wasn't from a forum, blog or hear say it was directly from the PayPal website).

Soft sources

Narrative- a true story that can defense your statement or post
Testimony - a personal experience; yours or others
Statistics- Any numbers backed with a source not made up. (percentages, ratios and so on)

Quote:

CaptainJack
Ok, how do you know that they don't subscribe to any of the UK consumer Credit Reference Agencies? You say it's costly for a billion dollar company that is dominating the online payment system and credit card processing worldwide to obtain subscribe to any of the UK consumer Credit Reference Agencies. PayPal is used in many countries and with there fees, product and services they can't afford to pay for a consumer credit report? If so, why do they state they can obtain a consumer credit report supplied by such credit bureau for any account?

You need to stop making up things and back up what you say with some evidence. That would be helpful for anyone relying on the information here.

Last edited by revenge; 01-23-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2010

It's not about affordability. It's about scale.... if they were going to credit check on application it would have to apply to all or most, not just a few just because they feel like it.

You are confusing people by posting about something that occurs outside your own country, about a service that we as users of said service, in said country happen to know is not the case.

I don't have hard sources to post but I do understand how credit referencing works in my own country and from that info I can come to relatively safe conclusions.

If another user in my own country has different experiences then I would gladly hear them and re-evaluate those consclusions. But copying and pasting from the PayPal TOS isn't going to do it.

CaptainJack
Old 01-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's not about affordability. It's about scale.... if they were going to credit check on application it would have to apply to all or most, not just a few just because they feel like it.

You are confusing people by posting about something that occurs outside your own country, about a service that we as users of said service, in said country happen to know is not the case.

I don't have hard sources to post but I do understand how credit referencing works in my own country and from that info I can come to relatively safe conclusions.

If another user in my own country has different experiences then I would gladly hear them and re-evaluate those consclusions. But copying and pasting from the PayPal TOS isn't going to do it.

CaptainJack
So when they told OP that his account would be on review in UK, what were they referring to? I am sure it won't be review over night because it is a process?

PayPal is tricky they twist words for those who can't read there policy. Note it say review process after credit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PayPal
PayPal, at its sole discretion, also reserves the right periodically to retrieve and review a business and/or consumer credit report supplied by such credit bureau for any account, and reserves the right to close an account based on information obtained during this **credit review process** <---------------------.
Quote:
Originally Posted by testing View Post
They say you must first complete all steps and then have your account reviewed.
What do there policy say about any review process?
Old 01-23-2010

Well lets suppose they did do a credit check.....

1. For a stealth user they would find no information. So they would ask for additional ID.

2. If they check your real details the check will leave a footprint on your credit file which you can view. To this day I have never seen first hand or heard second hand of this happening in the UK.

We know Paypal credit checks users in the US becuase we get members posting here about how they have received a message from PayPal that their account is gone due to bad credit. This has not yet happened in the UK.

CaptainJack
Old 01-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Well lets suppose they did do a credit check.....

1. For a stealth user they would find no information. So they would ask for additional ID.

2. If they check your real details the check will leave a footprint on your credit file which you can view. To this day I have never seen first hand or heard second hand of this happening in the UK.

We know Paypal credit checks users in the US becuase we get members posting here about how they have received a message from PayPal that their account is gone due to bad credit. This has not yet happened in the UK.

CaptainDebate
1. Is OP account in which he want to reinstate stealth? Why would someone reinstate a stealth account? Ask him.

2. We are not talking about reinstating a phony account

Please post something relevant and back up your post.

You want the last word but go off topic or post unreliable facts with no evidence or true testimony. I can know see you IQ here Didn't they teach you something in school. You always have to back up what you say you can just say anything, it can cost you money in business and embarrassment in politics. Stay focus I don't think OP want to reinstate a stealth account.
Old 01-23-2010

Well I learnt not to resort to insults during civilised debate

My Post as above still stands.

I am sure once Paypal starts leaving footprints on peoples credit files or indeed reporting defaulted accounts through the collection agencies we will hear about it. Fortunately all the available evidence points to the fact it hasn't started happening yet.

CaptainJack
Old 01-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The discussion is moved here.

revenge, back down with the holier than thou attitude. Also STOP QUOTING THE POST ABOVE YOU EVERYTIME. There was only you and the Captain exchanging posts. Address your comments to the poster. It makes reading so much easier.
Most want to learn NOT be preached at. We are at this point talking of what paypal is currently doing. I concur they have means of doing much more: don't for minute think that you are the only one watching and checking them
Old 01-24-2010
Banned

Just my 2 cents..... They have a few experts on being successful in their countries... Some from the UK ... AU... CA.... lots from the US and a few others. From my observations captainjack is very knowledgable about the do's and don't in his country. Not taking anything from the argument but I think there's another expert from the UK that can back him up.
Old 01-29-2010
Threadstarter  

Experts know how to read policies and PayPal policy for UK clearly say "also reserves the right periodically to retrieve and review a business and/or consumer credit report supplied by such credit bureau for any account, and reserves the right to close an account based on information obtained during this credit review process".

READ IT! They will review OP credit report to restore his PayPal account. Captainjack haven't gotten a PayPal account restore and of limitation to be an expert on this case. He uses the move many of us use, keep it moving and don't look back. This is a differe case. I am trying to tell OP how it is. WHAT'S PAYPAL ACCOUNT REVIEW PROCESS. CALL UK'S PAYPAL AND ASK FOR YOURSELF.
Old 01-29-2010

I have asked and they don't.

If you understood UK consumer credit/data protection laws you might know that Paypal are obliged to disclose which agency they search, contact info for that agency and whether any adverse decision was influenced by info from that agency.

You also have the right to submit a subject access request (SAR) to get any info paypal may hold on you. This will return far more revealing information than you will get by asking them over the phone. Paypal have 40 calendar days to respond.

CaptainJack
Old 01-29-2010
Banned

Hey oompaloompa you wanna backup captainjack? Or your input on this matter?
The Following User Says Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
captainjack1980 (01-30-2010)
Old 01-30-2010
Banned

Longevity: 91%

Well im a limey and i can confirm CaptainJack is 100% right
The Following User Says Thank You to vetus For This Useful Post:
captainjack1980 (01-30-2010)
Old 02-01-2010
Threadstarter  

How can you confirm that his statement is 100% right?

I assume your vote is not intellectually evaluated base on a valid information or from any type of source. I have backed my information with proof, I have cited it and gave you the url for your own reference. But I can see your judgment is base on preference or a patriotic pride to support you colleagues.

I guess I am the only educated one here, who knows how conduct a professional debate or argument. You need to back up your argument with sources and Captain Jack has no source or proof to 'SUPPORT' his argument. Unless you can support your argument, my argument remains legit to an extend and is base on experience, research and the testimony.

Once again you have no proof, your just guessing and making assumptions, with a weak hypothesis. BUT YOU HAVE NO FACTS to back up NON! of you words. A house with no foundation.

Back up your post
I think we are going to have use sources to back up our post to avoid misleading anyone by posting i think or hear say.

Hard source - cited from a book or a website. Example from PayPal, eBay, Law firm and so on

Soft sources
Narrative- a true story that can defense your statement or post
Testimony - a personal experience; yours or others
Statistics- Any numbers backed with a source not just made up. (percentages, ratios and so on)

If i could teach I would, here you go learn how to make the most out of your argument
Guide to Better Writing: Using Evidence to Strengthen Your Arguments
Support Your Argument
Three Ways to Support an Argument

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

HERE THE PROOF THE FACTS, UNLIKE YOUR WEAK RESPOND (MADE UP)

I'LL BRING FACTS AND BACK UP ALL MY ARGUMENT WITH REAL DATA AND SOURCES.

READ IT SLOWLY!

May 10, 2006

"Online payment processor PayPal has put together a joint venture with Equifax to offer "free" credit monitoring to PayPal customers but, not surprisingly, careful consumers need to read the agreement carefully."

Read more: PayPal, Equifax Team Up To Offer Credit Monitoring

__________________________________________________ ________

Equifax does not only provide consumer credit report for the USA, but for UK, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Spain, and Chile.

Equifax for UK, click here

__________________________________________________ _________

Also, this is want PayPal policy say regarding UK:

"PayPal, at its sole discretion, also reserves the right periodically to retrieve and review a business and/or consumer credit report supplied by such credit bureau for any account, and reserves the right to close an account based on information obtained during this credit review process" Source

So, I know you judgment is not based on facts like real judges, and executives make their decision with. It's based on preferences and guesses.

So, does UK PayPal do a credit check on a account during a review process to remove limitation?

Yes, and I have provided evidence to support my answer. PayPal in UK does do a credit check on a account during a review process for reinstatement. They have the resources and the accessibility to do this and they also say they do on their UK PayPal Policy.

Old 02-02-2010
Banned

Well me my colleagues & friends all have Equifax, Experian and Call Credit accounts and obviously lots of paypal accounts between us and we have never seen paypal do a search on us before and i haven't got any time to get you some hard proof now mate, too busy selling, so you'll have to take my word for it for now until i have time to research it more sometime. Laters
Old 02-02-2010
Banned

And it sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands so why dont you research it buddy, heres a few links to get you going...........

Free Credit Report and Credit Check Services - Equifax

Credit Check, Credit Score and Free Credit Report from Experian UK

Callcredit | Check your credit report direct from a UK credit reference agency

Credit Reference Agencies - Who uses who?...

credit report, credit file, credit score - checkmyfile

Compare Credit Report Providers | moneysupermarket.com
Old 02-02-2010
Threadstarter  

You just provided link to website, lol. But no fact.

Closed Thread