eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Are Stealth accounts basically useless now with the new (MC010) ID verifications? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/16893-stealth-accounts-basically-useless-now-new-mc010-id-verifications.html)

bansheezone 03-01-2010 11:56 PM

yeah, I did that also. They take it but when your limited you will be asked again for it.

Some tips that I have found are:

1. Add a pre paid credit card to ebay also as a back up way to pay for fee's not just Paypal for that.

2. Post up classifieds first which your not going to get a fee charged on the account, once you get a fee on the account your flagged as selling but if you post up a classified its free and allows you to count as a seller who listed an item, let it run its duration and post another, then try an item.

3. Have a active land line to a real address is possible, this is one of the main reasons for i.d verification, or pre paid cell phone. Do not use Vumber, or other phone forwarding services.

IDK 03-02-2010 01:14 AM

^ Question. Do you gain feedback with Classified Ads? I've been doing eBay for years and never listed or purchased from Classifieds. Is there a eBay link that explains how it works? Also for those who have spoofed documents, does eBay make it a problem if you scratch out things like your DL number on a ID or account numbers on a statement? If so how easy is it for them to ID you using your DL number?

bansheezone 03-02-2010 04:56 AM

no feedbacks are built but it allows you to post something up with bypasses getting charged, it sort of passes you to list because your now a seller who listed something instead of trying to get charged for a listing when new your zapped.

JMoxon569 03-03-2010 04:26 PM

I think it may be random

I created 2 stealth accounts with the exact same information..They both share the same paypal..I listed the same exact item on both accounts.On one account they asked me to contact them and when I did they asked for id and utility bill.On the other account the item ended in 3 days and I haven't had a problem with it yet.Its been over a month.

bansheezone 03-03-2010 11:40 PM

Have you continued to sell on this account?

JMoxon569 03-05-2010 05:08 PM

yup..i was still selling which is weird..it should have been suspended since it can be linked to the other suspended account

IDK 03-07-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your account issues.

I've reviewed the details of this suspension, as well as the additional
information you sent. In light of this new information, I have
reinstated your account.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
XXXXXX

As I stated before, my PS skills are near professional, but this is not a solution for everyone. It is also clear that EBOOKS are not an issue if you actually ship them off. If my listings were the issue they would have used that as the excuse to keep my suspension permanent. As for now I will give this account a little time to cool off, and start with buyer feedback first on my other accounts to see if I get pinched. Hope this info helped someone.

nobody999 03-07-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thablewprnt (Post 127480)
As I stated before, my PS skills are near professional, but this is not a solution for everyone. It is also clear that EBOOKS are not an issue if you actually ship them off. If my listings were the issue they would have used that as the excuse to keep my suspension permanent. As for now I will give this account a little time to cool off, and start with buyer feedback first on my other accounts to see if I get pinched. Hope this info helped someone.

what is PS skill?

lakeman 03-07-2010 09:51 PM

^^ PS is Photoshop

doughboykilla 03-07-2010 10:49 PM

These limtations are radom and depend on what you sale! i had 2 out of 5 accounts get hit with this id verfiy i was selling dvds thats what trigged the flag then when the employee reviewed my account they wanted to verfiy this and that. Its best to use real address's when makeing stelth account cause the employee checks all this when u get flaged. Cause the employees finger is on the trigger and there looking for any excuess to shoot. like if address dosent match or if your selling something that is obvisely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and so on.

IDK 03-07-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doughboykilla (Post 127514)
These limtations are radom and depend on what you sale!

Isn't that a direct contradiction? If it depends on what you sell then it is not random. lol What proof do you have to support your theory? I have created ID's and began selling ebooks the next day without any problems. eBay is not smart enough to kill two birds with one stone. If you have shady listings you will get pinched for it. You are basically saying that eBay is asking for proof of ID because they know people with shady listings will fail. That's ridiculous. :pound:

NZT 03-08-2010 01:52 PM

I also believe that the main problem is ebooks, they get your account scrutinised more heavily. I no longer bother with them. If I want to nurture and build a good solid account in my honest opinion ebooks are a waste of time and the financial rewards are not enticing enough to risk losing an ebay (and Paypal) account.

There are some good tips about selling "junk" and low priced "normal" items to build feedback without falling into the precarious traps of "potential feedback manipulation"

Some may think that selling crap for a while and you are good to go is not good advice. But I do this with every new account and it hadnt let me down yet.

I sell 50-100 bits of "tat" to built feedback before starting to sell "properly"

Its the best and only way in my opinion to have an account that survives for a longer period.

IDK 03-08-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo (Post 127592)
I also believe that the main problem is ebooks, they get your account scrutinised more heavily. I no longer bother with them. If I want to nurture and build a good solid account in my honest opinion ebooks are a waste of time and the financial rewards are not enticing enough to risk losing an ebay (and Paypal) account.

There are some good tips about selling "junk" and low priced "normal" items to build feedback without falling into the precarious traps of "potential feedback manipulation"

Some may think that selling crap for a while and you are good to go is not good advice. But I do this with every new account and it hadnt let me down yet.

I sell 50-100 bits of "tat" to built feedback before starting to sell "properly"

Its the best and only way in my opinion to have an account that survives for a longer period.

To each his/her own I say, but selling junk items is a financial risk. Why spend money on a account that's not legit? Why stock up on garbage when your PP account can be limited, or your eBay ID may need to be verified at any given time? Then add the fact that a LOT of people just do not leave feedback. Total waste of time IMO. Stealth accounts are not designed to last long lol... If they do, great, but you should be expecting the worse at all times, and making as much money as you can while you have them.

x2ruff4u 03-08-2010 06:54 PM

Yes this issue is very serious!! This basicly gets rid of everyone! Its best to start thinking alternate option now instead of ebay. The way this is going we all soon be gone unless you can PS then there might still be hope. Other than that im still not done yet to throw in the towel.

massivesystem 03-08-2010 08:10 PM

I have had past stealth accounts where either ebay or PP ask for a ID and bill to be faxed and I doctored up a id and bill to match the stealth info and sent it off and they accept all the time.

I have never had they reject any of them.

NZT 03-09-2010 04:12 AM

lol you miss the point. What i mean by "junk" items if If you sell a load of low priced bits and pieces you will build feedback, not receive Paypal 21 days holds (in most cases)

and built up your ebay account slowly. I always go through my house and find all manner of bits that I can sell for a few pounds and its always the way i start a new ebay account.

on the other hand ebooks will cause problems.

bansheezone 03-12-2010 08:39 PM

New trick for I.d verify. When you create and register an account go and make another one identical but on a different IP and user account on your computer but just also make sure another phone Number is used. Only one will get limited.

Burst 03-13-2010 10:39 PM

eBooks now = FLAG
Selling DVD's = FLAG

This situation has been confirmed totally fixable though.

jbluntz 03-14-2010 03:22 AM

The new Id verify only randomly happens if you list more than 1 item after your first, just list 1 to start and wait for it to sell than relist after you get to about 5 you should be clear. I sell nothing but ebooks and dvds, ebooks are a flag when you list lots of them at once, I list 1 BIN with qt. of 10 and that's it and dvds are a flag when you sell boxsets without not much selling history so basically it all goes back to simple common sense "One step at a time" not 10 or 20 or 30 you gotta wait till you get to the top of the hill first then you can fly.

Burst 03-15-2010 09:52 AM

eBooks altogether have been a red flag for almost a year now.

vigilantex69 03-15-2010 04:49 PM

Yea, it cracks me up to see people going nuts about getting suspensions for eBooks. I don't even understand why any guys would try selling them, it seems as though its like instant limitation if you try it.

jbluntz 03-15-2010 04:55 PM

Because it's easy for some to get carried away and sell too many, like me if I list 10 ebooks on a new account I'll get suspended, if I list 1 or 2 everything is fine and once you get to 15 feedback you can list 1 BIN with 10 availabe and get your DSR's up pretty fast from there.