eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Are Stealth accounts basically useless now with the new (MC010) ID verifications? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/16893-stealth-accounts-basically-useless-now-new-mc010-id-verifications.html)

IDK 02-28-2010 05:06 PM

Are Stealth accounts basically useless now with the new (MC010) ID verifications?

Quote:

Thank you for selling on eBay. To maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact eBay within the next 48 hours at the link below. You may be asked to sign in:
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...s%20account%3F

You can always sign in safely on the eBay home page first before using the Contact Us link above.

We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team
Quote:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the suspension of your account.

You can request that your account be reinstated by sending us these
documents:

- A copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID that
shows your name and address
- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility
bill statement clearly showing your name and billing address. For
security reasons, please black out the first four and last four numbers
of your credit card number or your account numbers from other documents.

Please submit copies of invoices or any other documents, such as a sales

receipt, showing purchase or possession of the items listed for sale
before your account was suspended.

If this type of documentation isn't available, you can submit your
photograph with the items. Please make sure that your User ID is clearly

displayed in the image.

Mail your documentation to the following address:

eBay SafeHarbor Dept.
Attn: PA Appeals
PO Box 1469
Draper, UT 84020

-- Important --
Please make sure that all documents include the User ID and email
address of the suspended account you're appealing. This information is
necessary to process your appeal.

-- Important --
The information on all of these documents should match the information
on your eBay account. If there are any differences, please provide an
explanation of the discrepancies as well as any additional, relevant
documentation.

Be sure to include on all documents the user ID and email address for
the suspended account you're appealing. If you send a fax with a cover
sheet, include the user ID and email address on the cover sheet. We need

that information to process your request.

In the U.S. you can fax the information to:

877-349-1798
eBay, Attention: eBay Suspension Appeals

Just got off the phone with eBay. They want me to fax in copies of ID and utilities. The rep I spoke to, without me asking specifically said that because my account is new (1 month +) they want to make sure I am who I say I am. He also said this is standard now with all new seller accounts. "We may let you sell a little bit, but we like to get you verified as soon as possible to get it out of the way"

What I know so far.

1. These restrictions have very little to do with what you are selling. I made about 8 bucks selling ebooks (in the correct category) with 11 feedbacks. There is nothing high risk about a 99 cent auction! I personally like to build feedback before I start selling. It's not necessary, but if I got suspended for making 8 bucks, imagine what will happen if you are making hundreds on a new account!

2. My account has not been linked or have any similarities to a previous account. Fully stealthed with verified PP. They basically want to pressure all new sellers. When are you no longer new? could be 3mo's, 8mo's... No one other than eBay knows what they consider a tenured member. As far as I'm concerned this "one month and your good to go" stuff is all crap!

3. They did not ask me any identifying questions. The rep simply said they needed the faxed info. Why? Without a credit/background check, they have no way of finding out who I really am. The "questions" that were being asked are usually all false. They just want to see if you pick a answer that they know is false so they can nail you.

Workarounds: I have fooled PP on numerous occasions with bogus ID's and utilities, but not everyone has the skill needed to create these documents so usually the advice here would be to move on and start a new, but whats the use when you're gonna get hit with the same problem immediately? This is a major blow for those planning to start new stealth accounts. What are we suppose do now?

411guru 02-28-2010 06:26 PM

Hmm. Good post. I too would like more input.

jbluntz 02-28-2010 06:45 PM

It's probably the fact that you're selling ebooks on a fairly new account which is looked at as feedback manipulation. I do the same thing but am aware of the risk. Try selling something different like get a box of whole sale dvds or used ones from a pawn shop.

corleone 02-28-2010 07:26 PM

I got one of these yesterday as well on a new seller account. I started selling on another new account a week ago though and it was fine. I'd say it's not on every new seller account.

IDK 02-28-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbuntz (Post 126548)
It's probably the fact that you're selling ebooks on a fairly new account which is looked at as feedback manipulation. I do the same thing but am aware of the risk. Try selling something different like get a box of whole sale dvds or used ones from a pawn shop.

I actually deliver my ebooks on CD's, and I don't state "ebooks" in my description. I've been doing so for years. If eBay didn't like my auctions they would have just took them down. As far as feedback manipulation. Rubbish. Buying 4 or 5 1 cent auctions is one day is one thing. Listing them is another. I've had some sell for 1 cent and some have sold for up to 4 bucks, so it's actually not cheap for everyone because I can't control the final price of an auction. You also can't force anyone to leave you feedback so where is the actual manipulation? Again, too many of us are caught up with myths instead of the facts.

Quote:

Feedback manipulation policy

*What is not allowed

Exchanging Feedback for the sole purpose of increasing your Feedback score, getting website privileges, or enhancing your reputatio

Including the word “Feedback” or any reference to eBay Feedback in a listing title (except when that word is used to describe the item for sale)

Manipulating another member’s detailed seller ratings (DSRs) through a combination of repeat purchases and low DSRs to reduce another user’s Feedback scores, or showing a pattern of leaving positive Feedback with consistently low DSRs

Offering to pay members for their user ID

Offering to sell, buy, barter, or give away Feedback

Taking actions or using tools to figure out the detailed seller ratings that a buyer left for a specific transaction (DSRs are meant to be anonymous)

Working with other members or registering multiple accounts to artificially increase your Feedback score

bansheezone 02-28-2010 08:13 PM

I was told the same thing, with no questions just that I needed to fax them the required documents. Under 30 days old the account was, although I am still playing with a way around it that seems to be working but need more time to confirm and have told a few others about it as well which I need to take data on if it worked for them or not.

Few things that are important:

1. ip must match the area of the address, at least 20 miles close to it.

2. You should have a good working phone number, no vumber or any service like that, a land line, pre-paid cell phone is a must now, everytime I played the the phone number it was hit with this limitation.

3. You need to make sure you have buyers feedback, and yes it is important to at least have a month or more as a member, if its not its getting hit with this. I was told the same exact thing as the op said when it comes to new accounts.

4.Once you get a fee for a listing your hit with this limitation on a new account.

5. It does matter what your selling.

We need to discuss this issue more, keep this post updated people. Also those who I pm'd back with my method please put it to use and let me know if it works.

IDK 02-28-2010 08:28 PM

1. Why was my title changed!???
-I didn't use any foul language or make a unclear title.

2. Why is this moved to subscriber section?
-I intended for everyone to see this info, it's very important that everyone understand what eBay is up to not just subscribers.

-Why is there no link for the moved topic? I thought it was deleted.

Lyda 02-28-2010 08:33 PM

What if you list through Auctiva? Listing wouldn't go through?

jbluntz 02-28-2010 08:34 PM

I have 10 ebooks up for sale right now but its on a 3 month old account and I also purchased a few ebooks to start. I never even use accounts less than 30 days old. I still have not been hit with one of these limitations.

bansheezone 02-28-2010 08:39 PM

This started around the end of november. It does seem accounts under a month are the ones getting this, some say that it is random situation. Now with Auctiva once you go you generate a token you get this limitation on Ebay, and I also tried listing with an account that got the token generated and got 2 auctions removed with the account being limited and needing to go through i.d verify

Lyda 02-28-2010 09:02 PM

I think Ebay and PayPal may have been reading too much around forums, so every new account must be "stealth" in their eyes..unless proven otherwise. It was matter of time before they would start doing this. Well, we got to go back to drawing board now....

bansheezone 02-28-2010 09:14 PM

They are getting to many unpaid sellers fee's, Paypal accounts being left negative etc..

Just make accounts, build feedback over a month or so, post up auctions slow. A few accounts will get past it. They cant do this to everyone who wants to sell on the site, they would be alienating to many people something is making these accounts get hit and we need to just figure out what causes it.

jbluntz 02-28-2010 09:29 PM

They probably go by statistics, most people probably start off selling used junk then gradualy move up to selling new stuff as they gain experience. So to start off on a new account with professional looking listings selling brand new merchandise that might be a sign to ebay that you've already been around for awhile.

vigilantex69 02-28-2010 09:54 PM

I have no idea what everyone is going on about with this type of verification. I honestly 100% think it is because you guys are selling Ebooks. I have opened many accounts and sold personal stuff and NEVER have been hit with this.

arsgunner77 02-28-2010 10:17 PM

ive never had this happen yet,only similar thing was on one account after 2 months of selling(account was over 6 months old) they wanted to verify me to raise limitis but it wasnt an MC010,i thought it was weird cuz on all my other accounts,ive havent had this, if they do this to all new accounts(which i doubt) itd be the end of stealth accounts unless you can photoshop a bunch of stuff and it will pass..has anyone done that yet and had success?

bansheezone 02-28-2010 11:00 PM

yeah, they cant do it to evey single new seller account, but it was said from a reps mouth that it will but you know that dont know ****. Any how it must be what you sell, how you sell it and when, also the account activity. Just take is slow....

jbluntz 02-28-2010 11:11 PM

Just think like someone who's just starting out on ebay, what would you sell? I started out selling a bunch of junk around the house, then moved on to garage sales, craigslist, then a few months later I started buying ebooks over 100 in one weekend, got my feedback around 150 then I started dropshipping boxsets from dhgate like crazy, was taking $500 a day out with my paypal debit card, did that for a week and that was the end of my first real ebay account.

cardfelon 02-28-2010 11:14 PM

I posted 6 auctions on a brand new account tonight and it has been about 3 hours so far and no limitation. I posted a shirt and a few single dvds. Not box sets. I waited about a week after creating the account before placing any auctions on it. I haven't used the account for anything till posting the auctions tonight. I placed them through Auctiva. Although the Ebay account isn't ID verified I am using a Paypal account that has a SSN# verified on it. I wonder if that will make a difference. I am employing all the stealth techniques on the Ebay account. Guess time will tell if this account will get hit or not

GreenBean 03-01-2010 04:50 PM

fyi...not just ebooks that are trouble

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...tml#post126627

vigilantex69 03-01-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardfelon (Post 126598)
I posted 6 auctions on a brand new account tonight and it has been about 3 hours so far and no limitation. I posted a shirt and a few single dvds. Not box sets. I waited about a week after creating the account before placing any auctions on it. I haven't used the account for anything till posting the auctions tonight. I placed them through Auctiva. Although the Ebay account isn't ID verified I am using a Paypal account that has a SSN# verified on it. I wonder if that will make a difference. I am employing all the stealth techniques on the Ebay account. Guess time will tell if this account will get hit or not

So in other words you are using someones SS number? There is no way it could be "fully" stealth if it has a SS number attached to it, as there are no such thing as a stealth SS number...

cardfelon 03-01-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilantex69 (Post 126727)
So in other words you are using someones SS number? There is no way it could be "fully" stealth if it has a SS number attached to it, as there are no such thing as a stealth SS number...

Im not using someone's SSN#. I just created one when I registered the account and it worked. I have done this several times before with good luck. There is a way to do it if you know how to find it. And I am not talking about stealing somebodys identity!

jbluntz 03-01-2010 11:47 PM

I tried that once to but the ones I think you're talking about usually don't have a file or any history with it, just a random computer generated number, so they would still require more info.