IP Address Q&A - Proxies, AOL, VPN, Broadband - IP Tracking - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-19-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Question @pufferthomas

Ok,so you have the ip issue managed,but what are you doing about the mac address? Also, are you on Ebay or AMZ
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 67%

What do you all think about vps
Old 08-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandika View Post
most secure way would be renting a VPS with remote desktop abilities in a country where eBay is available
which vps is the best?
Old 08-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopdeck View Post
HI I heard that you are more scrutinized by ebay and paypal if you create and account using the aol proxy? I use comcast and IE and have tried twice with DBA, changing my ip, clearing cookies, etc but was flagged the first time by ebay to verify identity and the second account by paypal after I had done about $17k in transfers in 30-45 days (i think that's what got me there). I sell high risk items so i guess this is my problem. It seems as though I will always be looking over my shoulder? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
i amfacing a problem like this.Created my account with AOL and now usiing VPS.Now Whenever i try to pay i get a paypal message that i cant pay.Any suggestions?should i try to make new account with VPS.May i get success?
Old 08-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokebackebay View Post
i have been on here for hours. Read one thread with 9 pages to it. Just one of many threads i've gone through. Maybe i've just got too much info running around in my pea sized brain, but i have a couple of things i need to get clarified:

I have set up a different widows user for each ebay/pp acct. I understand that as long as i keep them separate they cannot "share" cookies.
However, if i am in my google mail and am switching back and forth between emails associated with different ebay ids, will that get me linked? Will it only get me linked if i am perusing emails from buyers or from ebay? Will it only get me linked if i click on links taking me to ebay, but not where i would be signed in under my account name? Or will it only nab me if i click on a link within the email, sign into ebay from there? Being that i'm operating under the window id for another account, but getting to ebay and signing in via links from a gmail acct associated with the ebay acct i've just signed into?
Aaaaaacccckkkkk <in the words of bill the cat, for those of you who remember that comic series....sigh>

did any of what i asked make one iota of sense? I'm just very worried because i didn't think it would matter, the switching around gmail accounts within one window id, as long as i didn't actually sign in to ebay or click on any of their links?

I already change the ip every single time i intend to sign in to ebay or paypal. But i don't change it when i log out of one windows user id and sign on to another if i'm not doing anything ebay or paypal related. That should be safe, right?

And lastly, everyone keeps generically referring to cookies as "tracking what we do" but is that only true for tracking what we do while on an ebay or paypal site, whether signed in or not? Are ebay's cookies or beacons capable of having a picture of the sites i go to outside of their sites? I'm sure that is an incredible simple question that i should know the answer to, but sometimes when people are very learned in a particular area, they tend to chat about it as if everyone has a basic understanding, which they don't. Yeah, i know i should, i'm working on it.

Thanks to anyone for answering.
Do i get a prize when i hit my 100th post?

did you find any answers for what you asked.i also do the same thing which you are doing.i am facing problems in payment through paypal.please let me know
Old 08-30-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

did you find any answers for what you asked.i also do the same thing which you are doing.i am facing problems in payment through paypal.please let me know
Old 03-12-2013

Longevity: 65%

Hi,

I am trying to setup multiple accounts, I have PayPal and eBay covered, my biggest issues is the IP side. I have seen a software called IP switcher, do you think this will do the trick.

I was going to setup multiple users on a new PC then use the IP switcher and change IP address when I log into different users.

I have a Static IP. I am not very good with the tech side of things.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2013

Longevity: 65%

Hi,

Can anyone help,

I have went into IP Burger and it has given my IP address, I then went into my PC, pressed start, run, cmd, ipconfig and it gave me a different IP number, can someone explain why

Thanks
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

You may see your internal IP address
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsco View Post
Hi,

Can anyone help,

I have went into IP Burger and it has given my IP address, I then went into my PC, pressed start, run, cmd, ipconfig and it gave me a different IP number, can someone explain why

Thanks
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

If you have Static IP then there is nothing you can do in your end to change the IP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsco View Post
Hi,

I am trying to setup multiple accounts, I have PayPal and eBay covered, my biggest issues is the IP side. I have seen a software called IP switcher, do you think this will do the trick.

I was going to setup multiple users on a new PC then use the IP switcher and change IP address when I log into different users.

I have a Static IP. I am not very good with the tech side of things.

Thanks