Anyone read wall street journal about U.S crackdown on pirated goods? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Anyone read wall street journal about U.S crackdown on pirated goods?

U.S. Seizes Big Batches of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Goods - WSJ.com
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2010

Longevity: 83%

Now I read it! Wonder how it affects Ebay?
Old 04-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

They can't even keep the Mexicans from climbing a lousy fence. So they are going to check every package that comes in from china? The only thing they got is dogs that sniff dope.
Old 04-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
They can't even keep the Mexicans from climbing a lousy fence. So they are going to check every package that comes in from china? The only thing they got is dogs that sniff dope.
it's really not that hard for them to xray the box, and do more in depth inspection if they think the contents are questionable.
Old 04-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Haha...I think it's time to take action! ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods are harming the price on ebay and plus most of the money goes to organized crime. Probably children are working at the factories at very low wages!

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 04-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

They can never stop this stuff from coming into the country. This is all publicity stuff!
Old 04-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thats right. Where do you think all the legit stuff that's f@ked comes from anyway.
Old 04-28-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
They can never stop this stuff from coming into the country. This is all publicity stuff!
not really...if you read it carefully it says they are forming 22 task force to combat this problem
Old 04-28-2010

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
The Mexicans is not costing the big co's millons in lost revenu so there for america is'nt worried about stoping them as much as stoping the sale of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods. That and uncle same isnt getting any money of the sells of these ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods.
Old 04-28-2010

Longevity: 85%

this stuff has been talked about for over 10 years and articles like this always pop up,just search the web,every now and than they make a big bust,i dont think our countrys main priority is to stop ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods,sure they care,but seriously its not a threat to our nations security,its been here forever and will continue to be so,if they really really want to stop ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods,they can do ALOT more if they really want to,stoping containers is not the way to go

also the stuff that get caught are always containers,not packages, always big ass containers with loads of stuff,these people push hard
Old 04-28-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsgunner77 View Post
this stuff has been talked about for over 10 years and articles like this always pop up,just search the web,every now and than they make a big bust,i dont think our countrys main priority is to stop ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods,sure they care,but seriously its not a threat to our nations security,its been here forever and will continue to be so,if they really really want to stop ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods,they can do ALOT more if they really want to,stoping containers is not the way to go

also the stuff that get caught are always containers,not packages, always big ass containers with loads of stuff,these people push hard
with more sophisticated technology, it would mean easier for customs to check smaller packages.
Old 04-29-2010

Longevity: 82%

Oh, so that's where my package went...

Seriously though, all they did was spit on a roaring fire. Counterfeiters and counterfeit consumers aren't going anywhere. As long as these big corporations make everything too expensive for the people who don't have much $, they will continue to buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I also disagree with their claim of saying:

"Intellectual property theft steals a whole lot. It steals jobs, creativity, it funds organized crime, and it's a serious risk to public safety,"

Funny thing is it also does the exact opposite it creates jobs, creativity and funds poor families. A risk to the public safety? Ridiculous, I'm not saying that counterfeiting is right but, I don't blame the people for doing it anyway. It's a Robin Hood story these counterfeiters are in essence stealing from the rich and giving to the poor which is technically wrong however, I'll bet there are many fans of Robin Hood out there.
Old 04-29-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
Oh, so that's where my package went...

Seriously though, all they did was spit on a roaring fire. Counterfeiters and counterfeit consumers aren't going anywhere. As long as these big corporations make everything too expensive for the people who don't have much $, they will continue to buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I also disagree with their claim of saying:

"Intellectual property theft steals a whole lot. It steals jobs, creativity, it funds organized crime, and it's a serious risk to public safety,"

Funny thing is it also does the exact opposite it creates jobs, creativity and funds poor families. A risk to the public safety? Ridiculous, I'm not saying that counterfeiting is right but, I don't blame the people for doing it anyway. It's a Robin Hood story these counterfeiters are in essence stealing from the rich and giving to the poor which is technically wrong however, I'll bet there are many fans of Robin Hood out there.
i think the story is referring to organized crime are making counterfeit to fund their enterprise, it would be safer and still lucrative for them to sell counterfeits vs. drugs
Old 04-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

If it's easy to replicate then it had no real value in the first place.
Look at fashion, wow today next year it's ugly.
When they sell dvd's retail it cost them next to nothing to produce
why should they charge so much?
If you look at anything being easily replicated, I bet ya it wasn't that hard
to make or dream up in the first place.
Old 04-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

You think the Gates family should collect billions from the planet
cause they worked two months on a new system?
How far would our country or the rest of the world progress
if there were fair software prices?
I say eat or be eaten
Old 04-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Not true, they have a dog trained to smell a certain chemical that is apparent in faux DVDs. Sounds crazy but one of the dogs sniffed out a massive factory not too long ago.
Old 05-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

So the Chinese have huge malls packed with faux items visited buy thousands of people but they need a special dog to find out where the delivery truck came from?
Old 05-01-2010

Longevity: 85%

my supplier told me that last summer celene dion was doing a concert and she was in shanghai buying ⊗⊗⊗⊗ purses,he said it was all over the news,not that she as buying ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff,but just that she was shopping,also told me AC MILAN was there buying ⊗⊗⊗⊗ LV stuff when they were doing an event there

the stuff is everywhere in china,its not that hard to stop it,⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff is all a game,i think alot of companies need the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff to survive,call me crazy but i think its true,maybe not for all companies,but def alot of them
Old 05-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

It's cheap advertising when some sweet model walking around the fashion district carries a famous faux purse or boots. Makes the girls that can afford them want them more. That's why summer at lunch time in the garment center in Manhattan is a glorious site if you like beautiful women.
Old 05-02-2010

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
They can't even keep the Mexicans from climbing a lousy fence.
It's not that they can't; they just don't care.