Stealth Computer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 100%
Default Stealth Computer

What's a stealth computer to you? We all know how to create stealth computers out of our 'existing computers' that look different to most websites. Is that your idea of a stealth computer?

To me that's our goal, to blend in with the crowd and not be linked.

What's important are identifying factors like IP, browser cookies, flash objects, MAC address (not for eBay), etc along with any personal account details you give these sites. You're pretty much stealth after that.

*note to self, get back to work

Old 06-08-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

To me, a stealth computer is one that gives no indication (other than to the person physically in possession) what or where it is. That means no traceable serial numbers in the CPUs, no factory MAC addresses, no internet connection registered to specific customer, and no personal info stored on the drive(s).

A box that, if found on the side of the road, would be an utter mystery. One that, if IP were traced to the ISP, would have no record of ownership. One that had nothing on the HD indicating a true physical address (no temporary files of shipping labels) and did not use any websites where real info could be left in the history.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-08-2010), siccspitz (06-08-2010)
Old 06-08-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post
To me, a stealth computer is one that gives no indication (other than to the person physically in possession) what or where it is. That means no traceable serial numbers in the CPUs, no factory MAC addresses, no internet connection registered to specific customer, and no personal info stored on the drive(s).

A box that, if found on the side of the road, would be an utter mystery. One that, if IP were traced to the ISP, would have no record of ownership. One that had nothing on the HD indicating a true physical address (no temporary files of shipping labels) and did not use any websites where real info could be left in the history.
amen to this
im lackin on the personal information stored on drives -
grrr
Old 06-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^^^^^^^^^^DING DING DING^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To me that is the true definition of stealth. This is a concept that may be understood only by a few chosen people. Its implementation is in fact a way of life. Can not see that being done by many
Old 06-08-2010
Vicvelcro

It's pretty deep.

An example:

Via makes a chip. The chip goes to Asus. Asus puts it on a motherboard for the onboard ethernet. That has a factory MAC. You plug your cable modem into the ethernet. Your cable company sends you a monthly bill and they know your modem. They have logs that the modem was plugged into that MAC.

Some day, somebody could discover that you logged onto ebay, listed an item, and then that somebody wanted to knock on your door and hand you papers you don't want.

Well, all that somebody has to do is ask ebay what IP you logged in from, then trace the IP to the carrier, then ask the carrier. The carrier checks their billing info and hands over your real name and address. Boom, your doorbell rings and you get served.

If your ebay was stealth, you could be tagged as a scammer, which would weaken your defense strategy during the course of civil litigation. You don't want that.

A stealth box would insulate you before the problem arose. People who aren't aware of the trail left by careless internet use would be wide open for potential unpleasantness.

And that's only one scenario out of many many many possible alternatives.
Old 06-08-2010
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post

That's what I thought people were looking for.

It's overkill for our cause though and simply won't work 90% of the time for sites like eBay and Amazon.

Well, actually there are ways, but again it's overkill.
Old 06-08-2010
Vicvelcro

I would agree for most. Some of us do need the invisibility, though. Ask those who have gotten the snail-mail from J&P. They will tell you they would have been in a better position - if they had the benefit of a stealth box, pre-emptively. However, the box is not always the thing that tattles. That's just one part of the equation that must be considered.

As far as not working on ebay and Amazon, well I have to disagree. Works great. Overkill for ebay and PP general use, but fabulous for any Amazon stealther or HRV ebay seller.

I believe this thread should remain focused on the topic of the machine. Other tattling things should be discussed in another topic or thread. The big picture is too large to combine. Better to address individual facets separately.
Old 06-08-2010
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Not practical, not necessary, most likely won't work, most likely will have issues like logging into an account, it's better to blend in rather then disappear entirely, etc.

Just my take.