New Ebay Account OPINIONS - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default New Ebay Account OPINIONS

Hi Guys,

I've recently set up a new ebay account in a family memers name, its all passed phone and bank set up which is a new bank acc i've set up.

It's a premier acc used for selling and buying mainly selling now does anyone no can i open aa store without registering a business??

Also if i just stay as i low amount seller what's the limit i can sell upto without registering as a business account??

Many Thanks Guys
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

You cant get a shop without being a business seller as far as I'm aware. Be patient and take things slow for a few months.
Old 08-17-2010

Longevity: 79%

im not a registerd business and i have a shop as we speak, you can only open as basic shop without been a registed business

price has doubled since the last time i used one but it is 100% my recomendation to open a shop if you want Good sales

oh and another point, you are only allowed to list 100 items, get close to that and they start to hassle you to becomming reg bus

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 08-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Default Many Thanks

Hi Thanks for your reply

Do you sell just new items, and what sort of sales do you do per month without any hassle from ebay/paypal.

What sort of items do you sell like average transaction as mine could be quite high value say £100.00 average if i decided to list these items.

I'm happy listing £10.00-£30.00 items and just sell a few as the profit margin is high so i'm not to greedy i just wanted to know how far i could push them.

Many Thanks For Your Help
Old 08-17-2010

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by depaco View Post
Hi Thanks for your reply

Do you sell just new items, and what sort of sales do you do per month without any hassle from ebay/paypal.

What sort of items do you sell like average transaction as mine could be quite high value say £100.00 average if i decided to list these items.

I'm happy listing £10.00-£30.00 items and just sell a few as the profit margin is high so i'm not to greedy i just wanted to know how far i could push them.

Many Thanks For Your Help
It is hard to say exactly because every time it is different. But 100 gbp worth goods are pretty high risk for the start I think, it depends how much you are willing to sell in month.
Old 08-17-2010

i sell goods from £30.00 to £999.00 and had 7k go through one of my accounts last week which in not unusual .

Like i said don't treat the account like gold, there indispensable and can be shut down any time for reasons beyond your control .

Sell as much as you can as fast as you can, it is the name of the game after all.

To sell slowly is the most ridiculous piece of advice i have ever herd for many many reason's imo

i sure this is not to everyones taste but its what works for me and i make loads of cash doing it all you have to remember is to have account lying dormant or slightly active for a raining day so you can get straight back on the money train .

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 08-17-2010 at 12:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
JShearer91 (08-17-2010)
Old 08-17-2010

Yes yes, open account sell for 7k in the week and you will suspended right after that. Never heard like this before

If you want that account last long and sell like other sellers in long run, it is good idea to start slow, everybody in this forum know that.

Can you give steps how you do in your way because it is very interesting as I never heard about it before?
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Sell as much as you can as fast as you can, it is the name of the game after all

really????

moloko is correct, slow start and steady from then on, will mean you have an account you can keep, and after all, aged accounts are worth more than having to keep making new ones.
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post

Sell as much as you can as fast as you can, it is the name of the game after all.
Nothing wrong with that system if you don't mind having accounts on hold for 180. But if you are always cycling through new accounts after awhile you always have accounts ending the 180 days. But its a long cycle and you should mention that when advising new people to go that way
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Selling slowly can sometimes lead you to having a well established account. I have two of them that both started off with slow sales and now I've got well over 100 listings on at a time.
Old 08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummember View Post
Selling slowly can sometimes lead you to having a well established account. I have two of them that both started off with slow sales and now I've got well over 100 listings on at a time.

Have you ever been asked for ID info on the accounts you mentioned?
Old 08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Nothing wrong with that system if you don't mind having accounts on hold for 180. But if you are always cycling through new accounts after awhile you always have accounts ending the 180 days. But its a long cycle and you should mention that when advising new people to go that way
Nothing is wrong with the system if you don't, it could be just down to what you sell, i have yet to see one of my account closed due to me doing things the way i do in the way of sales or listing or Not buying.

When i do i will eat humble pie but i will never ever sell slowly or wait 30 days, my god i could have had 20k sales by then on an average month

my account are usually closed by me looking to avoid people other than e b ay and p p

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Sell as much as you can as fast as you can, it is the name of the game after all

really????

Yes it is , who ever hard of someone going in to business not to make money and 99% of those do it with the aim of Making as much money as fast as they can, As you stall your sales your competitors get even stronger and stronger putting you further down the ladder making your job allot harder- in turn making less money or wasting valuable time looking for other products to sell in desperation, you also leave to door open for other selling to start selling your products, your products could lose value....

moloko is correct, slow start and steady from then on, will mean you have an account you can keep, and after all, aged accounts are worth more than having to keep making new ones.

WHY ?

i do loads of thing differently than what posted on here : It Doesn't make it wrong or right just different - a loop hole is a loop hole and in this case there any many many ways to exploit them, I have my ways you have yours, it doesn't make moloko right or wrong .

Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post

i have yet to see one of my account closed due to me doing things the way i do in the way of sales or listing or Not buying.
Thats great. If you are going hard and heavy with no issues all I can say is sweet.
Old 08-18-2010

So now I understand you. You know we have all different situations and the best method is that works for you, only for you. What I said this is what I do and have some accounts that sell with them over years and they are powersellers. Every sitaution is different, but you said it and dont explained, now I get it after all.

I dont sell high risk items or something so I can go with the long run. Also I dont like account creator job, everytime everything the same, same process and so on. I like selling and marketing
Old 08-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummember View Post
Have you a UK Standard Ebay + PPAL Prem so no business Ebay Account???
Old 08-18-2010

From my experience there is no difference if you have business or simple, tested this and it looks the same to paypal or ebay.

I can tell you one story. Had paypal business account, for the company we have. Faxed document right after the account creation to lift the limits. Made 10 000$ in the first month, limited by paypal. Provided all invoices but was not able to get account back and limited for lifetime.

I talked to them a lot about that this is business account and these 10 000$ is not a big money for a company. But paypal limited account and they dont care. There was one risk activity involved, we withdraw half of the money in this one month, about 5000$. But in our country we cant add bank account, and minimal sum to withdraw is very low we have to do it much. So this is my story and I dont see any difference if you are the simple or business account.

For them it is the same. Funny is that we create business account and to lift the limits you have to fax photo id and bill from the person which registered not the company. So what the difference, they dont require any document of your company at all?

@Greenbean It is interesting point. Do you tested this that selling with business account sell more than with simple? I never did that, it will be really nice to hear from you.

Last edited by moloko; 08-18-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@moloko, do me a favor and add in my opinion to your last post.

IMO, I prefer a business account. Why? High end goods dont sell well if the seller looks like a hobbyist
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

Ive found business account sells high end goods a bit better, but I would say it was not a vast difference, downside is that anyone can look at your address on brands owner issues for business account, without even needing to buy or make enquiries, I know there are ways around addresses, but its an issue you can do without..

tizwoz, agreed. I do things slightly differently from forum sometimes, what works for me, plus I started some of my existing stealth accounts before I joined forum, and though set up a bit incorrectly they are still going, so that proves forum way is not the only way. The forumers can only post what they think is a good method, and I personally think long lasting accounts are better for reasons of havng to make more bank accounts and aged account/trust issues, I prefer that to making short fast ones, I am not saying at all you are wrong, just they downside of the method is well known....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 08-18-2010 at 06:22 AM.