eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   New listing limits, but I think its more serious than that (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/22788-new-listing-limits-but-i-think-its-more-serious-than.html)

Dude 09-18-2010 03:25 PM

New listing limits, but I think its more serious than that

Hi, I tried to relist an item today and was faced with the following message:

We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible.

Now all my listings are active and I have not received any emails from them. This account is near to 8 months old and has already passed the MC081 Suspension notice a few months ago.

Does anyone know of this? Have they linked my account and are just trying to wave me good bye quietly?

OfficialGenius 09-18-2010 03:42 PM

I believe this has to do with the amount of VERO items you sell. Each vero item has it's own limit.
For example: Bose has a 3 item limit, meaning you can only list a Bose item 3 times. Once you do so you won't be able to list it again until 30 days have passed.

Valuable tip: If you want to know the limit on your item, open 3 tabs from your browser and list it in each tab until you reach the final page of your listing on each. Before you reach the final page it will tell you if you can submit the listing or not. If you can't then that means you reached the limit.

Dude 09-18-2010 03:56 PM

Its not a vero thing. Items I sell are not vero, I read on a couple of threads that after a couple of days the limit was removed without even having to contact eBay. I read somewhere else that when an account is bogus this is the message you will get.

I don't know what to do? Should I contact them or just wait and try in 2 days again?

OfficialGenius 09-18-2010 03:59 PM

Just wait a few days. How many of this item did you sell then?

SlickJane 09-18-2010 04:50 PM

If you're not selling vero (and not doing anything wrong?) then why wouldn't you just call them?

smithgroup 09-18-2010 06:07 PM

Calling them doesn't matter, neither does emailing. I sell non vero items and I still get this message on several accounts. Its just a dumb limit. It probably has to do more with selling a good number of the same item (vero or not).

You will have to wait a few days to sell again.

Spread your items over several accounts to stop thinking about limits.

Dude 09-18-2010 08:39 PM

I only have only sold 1 but its high value

Dude 09-18-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithgroup (Post 167229)
Calling them doesn't matter, neither does emailing. I sell non vero items and I still get this message on several accounts. Its just a dumb limit. It probably has to do more with selling a good number of the same item (vero or not).

You will have to wait a few days to sell again.

Spread your items over several accounts to stop thinking about limits.

I think you may be right as I sold 2 not of the same kind but similar being high value. Do u know how many days I must wait before I can list again?

GreenBean 09-18-2010 09:06 PM

A selling limit or listing limit is based on the (potential) of ebay being at risk.
You should be able to list something other than the item that triggered this
Items do not need to be vErO. Certainly their value determines implementation of this. Should the account have little feedback, no track record & therefore nothing much to make it look 'nice' to ebay, it gets limitations.
Getting around this means you need to thread carefully. It used be that listing items was based on a ratio of what feedback existed to the number of items. ebay are not going to back-peddle & let the seller go on listing.
ebay WANT to see an account running like a safe account. try to hold off on the super high value items. Sell cheaper stuff, mixed lots in monetary value & get fb & good dsrs. I would expect an improvement withn a month to six weeks....:pop2:

Dude 09-19-2010 08:15 AM

Green the listing limit you are referring is different to this one. I know those and that limit actually states you cannot list any item in this category for 30 days. Anyhow I did try to list a completely different item for like £4 but I still got the message. The account has very good DSR and 100% feedback. I don't mind waiting a few days and not listing. My concern is if that will fix the problem or should I go ahead and contact eBay?

oompaloompa 09-19-2010 09:38 AM

is it about your paypal being fully verified, does it give any other info?

Dude 09-19-2010 09:58 AM

Nop, PayPal is fine. The thing is I didn't even get an email or have any listings removed. I just went to relist the item and got the message. Did some more research on forum and a couple of people say after a few days they were able to list again.

Somewhere else I read that the person contacted eBay and it was a mistake on eBay side. Another place it says the account is bogus so they are saying bye bye.

I just don't know which it is :(

oompaloompa 09-19-2010 01:52 PM

dont think they are saying bye, they just send a breezeblock email for that......

Dude 09-19-2010 03:08 PM

Now my question is, for my next move should I

Wait a few days and see if I can list again?

Call eBay? *Don't really wanna do this*

Send eBay an email?

imjustme 09-19-2010 04:30 PM

I got this too on a few accounts. Some were able to sell again, others not even 2-3 months after. I think it has to do with how many you sell how quickly. And I especially got this on all accounts that used multi-variety listings, or more than 1 quantity. If you list 100 quantity of the same item, for example, you're sure to get it.

Dude 09-19-2010 05:13 PM

I only sell single quantity but the value is high. On the ones that got removed, did you contact eBay? After how long was you able to sell again?

smithgroup 09-19-2010 09:38 PM

AGAIN, Calling DOES NOT matter, emailing them DOES NOT matter (9 times out of 10, they wont even email you back)

The solution is to sell your high $$$ items across multiple stealth accounts.

Simple and 100% effective. If you keep trying to circumvent the listing limit, you are asking for a red flag.

If you want to sell 4 a week, make 4 STEALTH accounts and sell 1 per week per account. OR 8 accounts at 2 per month. etc. ITS THE ONLY WAY.

imjustme 09-20-2010 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude (Post 167413)
I only sell single quantity but the value is high. On the ones that got removed, did you contact eBay? After how long was you able to sell again?

I never contact eBay, because I don't want to attract attention onto my accounts. If you let it sit, eventually you'll be able to sell again. It has been like that on all accounts, except for when I used multiple-quantity listings.

On all single-quantity listing accounts, even though I got the selling limit, I was able to sell again sometimes after 1 day, 1 week or even 2 weeks. On all multi-quantity listing accounts I haven't been able to sell even after 12 months.

It seems that they cut you off depending on how heavy a seller you are. If you list 100+ of the same items, they cut you off permanently. If you list single items, they cut you off for days or weeks at most, then allow you to sell again.

My theory is that the limits are not permanent but to allow the account to slowly grow. I have one account with around 100 feedback, where I was limited after I sold 16 items. Then I waited 2 weeks and got most of the feedback in ...I was allowed to sell another 40 items before I was limited again. Now the account is resting again, even though I could already list again. The limit seems to increase with the more feedback you get.

Dude 09-20-2010 02:11 PM

Thanks for the info, when you say quantity doe you thin 2-4 items is considered in their eyes as quantity?
Also would it help my accounts if I sell some low value items under £10 to build some feedback or do u think selling little items just getts me limited quicker?

imjustme 09-20-2010 02:19 PM

I now don't even list in quantities of 2 anymore. Single items and nothing else, even if it costs me more in the end in insertion fees. It's best to have as many as possible backup accounts, so that you can easily switch between accounts if one ends up being temporarily limited.

If I hit a limit, I let that account cool off for 2-3 weeks before selling again. I did notice that every time I get limited, the next time it allows me to sell more, so the limit is definitely increasing.

In my opinion, eBay is too big to check each and every seller manually, so they rely on algorithms to keep accounts from growing too fast. If you have 100 positives and sell 200 items, then you're likely to bounce against limits the feedback from the 200 sales comes in. That's from my experience, at least.

OfficialGenius 09-20-2010 03:04 PM

^^^ Have you experienced listing small $1-5 items for feedback purposes only?(When building your account to 10-20 feedback before selling vero)
I hope doing this doesn't limit you from listing your bigger items

Dude 09-20-2010 04:39 PM

Some great points there imjustme:)
OfficialG from my experience selling small items for feedback purposes does not limit ur account when you sell higher value items. I must say I do not sell many Vero items so maybe someone else can answer this better?