New selling limit, 10 items allowed only - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

I am from India and limit has been put on my account as well.I dont sell high cost items.I sell products mostly fragrances which are in range of 5-10 dollar.
How to what kind of limit has been put?I checked PM box but there is no pm from ebay about limit.It just when i try to list product it shows message of limit on listing.Now what?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 88%

For sellers below 90 days starting from the first item sold

The limit message look like this

You've reached the selling limit for the number of items you can list. New sellers are limited to 10 (active + completed) items per 30-day period. As you establish a good selling track record, the number of items that you can list will increase automatically

or

You've reached the selling limit for the number of items you can list. New sellers are limited to 100 (active + completed) items per 30-day period. As you establish a good selling track record, the number of items that you can list will increase automatically
Old 10-13-2010
MU

Longevity: 92%

Yea Ebay is only doing this because of holiday season. VET sellers should know this. After the holiday everything will be back to normal again...

And what do you all use to manage your IPS
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
Yea Ebay is only doing this because of holiday season. VET sellers should know this. After the holiday everything will be back to normal again...

And what do you all use to manage your IPS
I hope that as you say ...

when the holidays end?
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

I wonder if this has a chance of eliminating MC010? This seems like an act of desperation by eBay. MC010 probably takes up way too many resources so they have decided to go with a one size fits all solution.
Old 10-13-2010

no, Ebay is NOT only doing this because of holiday season. There are articles online said that eBay is changing their business model

Last edited by mosguy; 10-13-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 92%

this is bad news for all new sellers
hope they will change it to at least 30-50 per month, 10 is really too low
Old 10-13-2010

maybe they will change when they found out that they are really dumb , haha

but which dumb ass will found themselves dumb?
Old 10-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosguy View Post
hi imjustme ,
may i know how many feedback do u have on that singapore account? how many items have u sold so far ? how about your other accounts over 30 days? Can they list the same way too?
The account is 40 days old and has 0 feedback. I was able to list over 150 items in Antiques, but only 10 items in Clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
That could be true. I remember last holiday season they annoyed everyone with the phone PIN verification, after the holiday season they dropped that and now you can choose between email PIN or phone PIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
I wonder if this has a chance of eliminating MC010? This seems like an act of desperation by eBay. MC010 probably takes up way too many resources so they have decided to go with a one size fits all solution.
Possibly, but I can see this taking up even more resources. Even if they don't have to review the accounts and documents, they will still need to answer every single seller that contacts them asking why his account can't list items. I imagine they will be absolutely swamped in the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosguy View Post
no, Ebay is NOT only doing this because of holiday season. There are articles online said that eBay is changing their business model
Those articles claim that eBay only wants big sellers, not small sellers. It doesn't make sense. If small sellers can't list more than 10 items, how will they ever get big sellers? And by the rate their suspensions go, unless small sellers become big sellers, the big sellers will soon all be suspended and none left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouichi View Post
this is bad news for all new sellers
hope they will change it to at least 30-50 per month, 10 is really too low
10 items is only for brand new accounts. Once you receive feedback for 5-6 items of those 10 sold, you can list 10-15 more. As you receive feedback, you can list more. It's not a fixed 10 per month limit, but a growing limit.
Old 10-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,954 Times in 8,245 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Exploration continues.
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 82%

Whatever you do just don't give up! It's really not that hard to raise your limits or make more accounts. imjustme is right it should take about 3 months to get rolling which is not long at all, just have some patience. I procrastinated in applying and waiting for new bank accounts, made excuses, didn't want to go through the trouble of changing IPs to make new stealth accounts, etc.

One day I decided to say f it and do everything I needed to do. It took me a measly 2 hours to apply and get approved for 6 new checking accounts+debit cards and create 4 stealth eBay+Paypal seller accounts to age. It's really not that hard once you know what you're doing, but it does take time to research properly and to not make any critical mistakes.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
cygnusx1 (01-20-2011)
Old 10-14-2010

hi imjustme ,
how about your other accounts over 30 days? Can they list the same way too?
Old 10-20-2010

Longevity: 78%
Question

I have a question to imjustme

I like your idea of many accounts and I started that on Ebay.com last year

What happend after I set 10 accounts, and started to sell on the second one
I got an email from Ebay, where they told me, for international selling my account need a feedback of 50 and more. It is a while ago and after that I did not try again.

All account where on one Computer, one user and conected through the same email address with one paypal account. (I know what you will say now ;-))

Now my question is, do they still have this policy?

If I have on one computer several user and on each user one ebay account and now it comes.. I connect all the accounts with different email addresses to one Paypal account, Do you think I can go like this around this limitations.
The problem is, I can not just open here 20 or 50 bank accounts.
If I could, I would, but there is no way to do so.
I can set up 5 or 8 bank accounts and creditcards, but not more

The other thing is, I use a selling software which gets the date through the API.
Do Ebay see that there are several accounts in one software, when it use the API.
When I open the software in one user, I can also see and work inside the software on all other accounts, which I set up on the other user.
My question is, do you have any idea, how Ebay can check on accounts when data go through the API.

Thank you very much in advance
Old 10-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaview View Post
I have a question to imjustme

I like your idea of many accounts and I started that on Ebay.com last year

What happend after I set 10 accounts, and started to sell on the second one
I got an email from Ebay, where they told me, for international selling my account need a feedback of 50 and more. It is a while ago and after that I did not try again.
That's not correct. For international selling, you need a VERIFIED PayPal account, not 50 feedback. That is when you sell on eBay.com. Some regional sites, like Italy or France do have that requirement, that you need 50 or 100 feedback to sell there locally. But there is no limit on eBay.com
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Too hard? Well, news flash, you have to work to get money. If you need to 20 bank accounts and debit cards, you need to go to the banks and open those 20 accounts. I can open 10 accounts in a day, so that's 2 days of work. If you're too lazy to work for 2 days to get those accounts, you should start growing money trees, not complain about not being able to sell.

Sorry if I come across too harsh, but that's the truth.
I am not sure how is it possible for me to create that many accounts at least in my country. To create a new bank account it needs my real name & identification number card (which has my real address). Without them the bank officer would reject my application. No new bank account = no new credit card. Since eBay has my real identification suspended & recorded how is it possible for me to create that many bank accounts without using my real name & address? How it works in your country? Is there any way to solve this? Thanks!
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron

10 items is only for brand new accounts. Once you receive feedback for 5-6 items of those 10 sold, you can list 10-15 more. As you receive feedback, you can list more. It's not a fixed 10 per month limit, but a growing limit.[/QUOTE]

This statment is not correct,

I have an account more than 90 days old, all DSR above 4.5 , 28 positive feedback and 21 DSRs .. still limited to 10 items per 30 days.

New Ebay Selling Limits May Change Ebay Forever
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

1) Make MORE accounts
2) Certain "black list" countries have this added on solely because of TRACK RECORDS
3) Be patient with it, and MAKE MORE ACCOUNTS
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron

Holymoly ,

Thanks but no Thanks ..

At a certain point you have to decide if it is worth the time spent.
At this point I do not think investing my time in eBay is a wise investment.
You need to take into consideration that creating accounts in "certain blacklisted countries" is not as easy as it sounds. It takes time and energy as well as money.
And I am running low on all of the above!

Old 10-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseinkaron View Post
Holymoly ,

Thanks but no Thanks ..

At a certain point you have to decide if it is worth the time spent.
At this point I do not think investing my time in eBay is a wise investment.
You need to take into consideration that creating accounts in "certain blacklisted countries" is not as easy as it sounds. It takes time and energy as well as money.
And I am running low on all of the above!

Thailand is not a blacklisted country. I have set-up new accounts in Thailand and have been able to list 50 quantity on a 1 month old account, just this last week, without receiving the selling limit.
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
jesseinkaron (11-09-2010)
Old 10-23-2010

Longevity: 85%

Imjustme, when you are talking about selling on multiple accounts, do you use different paypal, user accounts, names, etc? Or do you use the same paypal and information on each different account? I got a limit of 200/$10,000. per month this morning, so wondering what my next step is.... I sell about 20-30 items a day, off about 60 listings running on 1 day auctions each, plus second chance offers on any I can send to, so this limit will be met fast. Any suggestions?
Old 10-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes, the accounts are totally separate. Different eBay, different PayPal, etc. If you get a specific limit, like 200 items or $10,000 per month, then it's most likely DSR related. eBay sets limits like those on accounts that receive low DSR's or too many 1's and 2's in DSR.

Also, I noticed that the 10 items per month limit is category specific. While I can list 10 items maximum in Clothing, I can also list another 10 items in Computers (so at least 20), before hitting the limit. And when trying to list in Antiques, I can list another 100+ items, so there is no limit in Antiques.
Old 10-23-2010

Longevity: 85%

Got cha..... My other question is does the limits start from the day you get the email?