New selling limit, 10 items allowed only - Page 14 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I have a feeling that my lifted selling limit won't last long. Got 2 negatives out of 30 sales in the last 24 hours, one saying "shipping took too long" even though it took 2 days less than written in the listing and the other one says "doesn't fit my wife" even though the measurements are clearly written in the listing.

2 negative out of 30 transactions is still 93% positive. Ebay's rules are getting so ridiculous that it's not even funny anymore. What we need is a new player in the market with deep pockets like Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc to start a new venture to knockout Ebay and Amazon. With enough advertising and exposure, I'm sure most of us that are tired of Ebay's B.S. will defect. The only problem with these other small Ebay alternatives is they get hardly any traffic.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-10-2011

Longevity: 84%

Just can't get over this new account with no limits, it was made 2 weeks ago , sold 9 items over the last couple days and just listed 5 more and the account still has 0 fb, all the other accounts I have, have limits, must be some kind of glitch or something.
Old 01-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I have the same thing on an account I made 5 weeks ago (little over a month). Listed the first item last night and noticed that there was no limits message. I continued listing (all non-VERO items) until 16 and then stopped. Now about 10 hours later I tried to list item number 17 and it worked. No 10 items limit. But only this account.
Old 01-11-2011

Longevity: 78%
Default 10 listings limit

Yes, Ebay put that policy into effect a couple of months ago. It applies to new accounts, and I'm not sure how long it takes before they will increase the limit. As a matter of fact, the limit is for 10 items or $500 a month, whichever comes first. So, if you sell 2 items for $250, that's all that you can list. I even tried to sell a computer and because it was more thatn $500,
they wouldn't let me list it. This is really hard for new sellers. It's monopolizing business for their current big sellers, because this policy doesn't affect them

I quit selling on EBAY 2 months ago. I wish that sellers would just boycott EBAY and sell elsewhere, like Bonanza, Webstore and iOffer. I know that sellers stay with EBAY because of the traffic, but I wasn't making enough money to survive; so, it didn't matter anyway. If the sellers leave, the buyers will eventually follow. You just have to switch and get the word out via Twitter, Facebook or whatever social media that you use.

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2011

Default Negative comments for buyers

Good luck, because they suspended my account indefinitely because I got 3 complaints in 12 months. That's their limit. It's absolutely ridiculous. Sellers have no control over what customers say, and vey often customers complain without contacting the buyer first for a resolution. I discussed this with EBAY and they said that it doesn't matter if the issue is resolved; it's based on the number of open cases...a limit of 3 in 12 months. Absolutely ridiculous!
Old 01-11-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by savez View Post
Good luck, because they suspended my account indefinitely because I got 3 complaints in 12 months. That's their limit. It's absolutely ridiculous. Sellers have no control over what customers say, and vey often customers complain without contacting the buyer first for a resolution. I discussed this with EBAY and they said that it doesn't matter if the issue is resolved; it's based on the number of open cases...a limit of 3 in 12 months. Absolutely ridiculous!
Does that mean if a seller has 1000 transactions in 12 months and 3 open cases, it's an automatic suspensions? I agree absolutely ridiculous. Ebay has evolved into an evil empire with no compassion for us small guys struggling to earn a few dollars.
Old 01-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yet another account, this one from 2009 but never bought or sold anything. Fired it up tonight and was able to list 20 items without a selling limit. Did eBay give up on this or am I just lucky?
Old 01-11-2011

And whats even funnier is I don't even have a 10 item category limit which is a rolling 30 day limit, different from the new seller limit, I just listed 11 items in a category that has a 10 item a month limit on all my other accounts, I'm gonna have fun with this one.
Old 01-11-2011

Does it not depend on what items you sell?

I know on a couple of accounts we can only sell ten items of a list of items but the same accounts can sell anything else that is not on that list
Old 01-11-2011

There's a 10 item a month limit for new sellers for any item, there's also a 10 item a month limit on certain categories.
Old 01-12-2011

Longevity: 82%

Hi there, yeah it is the same here in Spain. It sucks. Also after posting my first item, ebay cancel my listing and ask for id verification. They ask for documents to be sent via fax.

MC000 NOTICE: Mensaje de eBay classic: Anuncio(s) cancelado(s)‏!! Is this because my accounts are new or do we have to confirm id before to start selling on ebay.es now??

Please I need advice. (i start selling after a week or two of setting up an account)
Old 01-12-2011

I think you mean mc010 and it's random, I sold on 10 accounts recently that I opened about a few days earlier and didn't get 1 of those, might also have something to do with how the account is set up, I'd get the stealth guide so you know everything is being done correctly.
Old 01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbluntz View Post
There's a 10 item a month limit for new sellers for any item, there's also a 10 item a month limit on certain categories.
Never seen the first one yet, more stupidity from the armature sellers "Ebay"
Old 01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoKango View Post
I do everything in the us and I recommend you do the following if your overseas and limited to many things:

1. Open multiple accounts and spread out.
2. Think positive that money will come your way in your head.
3. Pray to your divine self that ebay goes excellent for you.

100% agreed, i did the same as u mentioned/
And all my accounts are running very smooth now. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to seiko For This Useful Post:
530misses (01-26-2011)
Old 01-12-2011

my New ID also have this issue today... WTF of eBay~
Old 01-13-2011

I purchased the stealth guide and opened several accounts. I have been hit with a 10 listing limit with each one. Also, I have been asked for id verification for these accounts. They have asked for it right away with some, and some after a week or more, but they have asked for everyone of them. I think that they have set this up for all new accounts now because they have gotten wise to the Stealth system. Paypal has gotten even stricter. They want you to give them your bank account password for immeditate verification. Can you believe that? Who wants to give out your password allowing anyone access to their accounts? I've tried doing the 3 day wait, but they eventually ask you to fax id verification...SS#, Driver's license, etc. This can be tricky when trying to juggle several accounts. I don't mean to be rude, but the Stealth system just isn't working. It does work for a short period of time, but not long term. It's just alot of work to keep coming up with new account names with information that you can use for ID verification.
Old 01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by savez View Post
I purchased the stealth guide and opened several accounts. I have been hit with a 10 listing limit with each one. Also, I have been asked for id verification for these accounts. They have asked for it right away with some, and some after a week or more, but they have asked for everyone of them. I think that they have set this up for all new accounts now because they have gotten wise to the Stealth system. Paypal has gotten even stricter. They want you to give them your bank account password for immeditate verification. Can you believe that? Who wants to give out your password allowing anyone access to their accounts? I've tried doing the 3 day wait, but they eventually ask you to fax id verification...SS#, Driver's license, etc. This can be tricky when trying to juggle several accounts. I don't mean to be rude, but the Stealth system just isn't working. It does work for a short period of time, but not long term. It's just alot of work to keep coming up with new account names with information that you can use for ID verification.
You're being linked by something else, I opened and sold on 10 accounts recently and not 1 of them got hit with anything.
Old 01-14-2011

Longevity: 89%

Agreed no i.d verification for me as I made a few this past month, one thing thats important now is to really make a **** load of accounts, build feedback, and take good care of them because who knows whats next, I have not seen a change for the benefit of a seller in years only how can we make them work harder for less like with new seller limit policy it just doesnt add up to benefit them or any of us??????
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Just to confirm, I have a total of 3 accounts now that had their selling limits lifted completely after 90 days of being a seller, counting 90 days from the date of the first item sold. One account even has 96% positive feedback with 1 negative and the selling limit was still increased to at least 100 per month, possibly more.
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
che2009 (01-15-2011)
Old 01-15-2011

Longevity: 82%

Interesting post. Being from Canada I will clarify things from my end.
Basically imjustme is 100% spot on. Rather than me repeat it, read back his advice and follow it to the letter and you cannot go wrong.
I run multiple USA and Canadian accounts and yes all the new accounts are stuck with the 10 items or $500 per month limit. The limit is set before you list anything so it is not relevant what you are selling. As imjustme says, this can work in your favour as if you keep your sales low per account then you are less likely to getting suspended. Also this helps out with PayPal as guaranteed you will get limited if high volume sales start comng into your account. Keeping the sales low and withdrawing slowly will help avoid a limitation
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Just a heads up. On accounts that are older, where you've sold only 1 item maybe 2 years ago and then started listing now again, while you don't get a 10 items per month selling limit, don't try and list more than 10 per month anyways for the first 3 months, or at least until you get some feedback. I had 2 accounts with no selling feedback go down yesterday after I had listed the 11th item, with a MC081 notice.
Old 01-16-2011

has anyone tried clicking the "Request higher selling limits" icon? I'm curious...