PayPal STEPS... 1,2,3 :Tips + TRICKS... - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-31-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

I love ebay's take on what to do when you get your PAYPAL account restricted with money in it. I have done the same thing - several times. I always refund all the money to the most recent Buyer's and I send them an email telling them basically the truth about the problem I am having with PAYPAL. It is amazing how many bridges PAYPAL has burned with its' members. Even though I refunded purchases that were already shipped and received, I have gotten my money sent to a different account every time except once. Almost everyone I have refunded knows what jerks they are at PAYPAL. I feel the same way as ebay. I would rather tear the money up than let PAYPAL keep it. So even if I don't get the Buyer's to re-send the payment - at least PAYPAL doesn't have it. I have also left PAYPAL holding the bag on a few accounts that got restricted due to eBay suspension. They are waiting me to pay about $800.00 total for 3 accounts from refunds that they issued to Buyer's who never returned their merchandise. I do hate that I cannot close these accounts that have a zero balance and are no longer useful. There is really no way to change this though.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

found this too, mentioned probs with paypal, and they are like yes, had it too, any way i can help let me know, hope for human nature...
Old 09-03-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 85%

Great post. I have one paypal account i'm doing right..all verified, been limited once and provided address docs..I made this other one, linked confirmed bank (but no cc with it), then bought a 98 cent item. This was "suspicious" activity so my account is limited with a confirm credit card and confirm location. Once I go through this ridiculus **** with them, does that make this paypal account more "solid"?

Also, is it a safe bet to have a few paypal accounts, that way if one is limited you can refund buyer, ask for payment to another (this is assuming it's limited before you ship) and then it shows up as "goods" and not necessarily directly linked to the ebay item?

Another idea of mine..is make a legit business/llc/dba with a EIN account. Solid, and don't link it to ANY ebay account. Use cartmanager as the middle man. Would that work, I always thought "linking" was simply putting it in that little paypal box in ebay, or is linking when you actually go in to ebay and add it as *the* paypal account.
Old 09-03-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Lot of questions in there that are actually separate topics.

Short answers because I'm not up to the challenge of writing 50 pages about these complicated things.

It would have made the account more solid if you'd done it at the beginning, not so much after they had to ask you for it.

It's safe to have a few paypal/ebay pairs. Not a good idea to refund from one and switch-on-the-fly to another OR to ask payment to be made again to a diff acct OR to receive a payment for "goods". Combine all that, expect the 180 day Dear John letter. Maybe you'd be lucky on one or all points. Too many variables and PP is wishy-washy. What they do one minute can change the next minute.

The last paragraph would be doing it a pain-in-the-derriere way. Keep it simple. They like it. You will have an easier life. You want to know about linking? Go to ebay and PP for the combined 882.43 pages of fine print and cross links that explain it. Really. And it coulda been clearer. Nuances, variables, the rules change whenever and however they want.

Sorry it's lame. But really, you combined it all, which complicates the answers.
Old 10-20-2009

Longevity: 84%
Smile unfreeze

Thanks for all of your valuable insight.

Had a quick question, on a frozen account, if 6 months down the road Paypal finally releases your money...how do you get it if the address, etc is foofoo? Do they mail a check or just automatically deposit it in your linked bank account?

Sorry for the noob question
Old 10-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^^^^
Nothing is automatic.

Personally I leave the associated bank account open until the PP account is unfrozen.
Then I do a deposit into the account.
Once the deposit clears I close the bank account.
swalby (10-21-2009)
Old 10-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Provided the bank account has been left open, then paypal will deposit the funds there.Funds are being released in 99% of 180 day limitations as of this moment.

If you make a stealth account again, don't do a foo-foo address The idea is to have access to the address.
swalby (10-21-2009)
Old 11-29-2009

Another way to do it is just set a limit for yourself of how much you want to keep in paypal at a time like say never more than $300. If that was the case I would not be concerned about recieving $300 bucks in 6 months.
Old 12-23-2009
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
Another way to do it is just set a limit for yourself of how much you want to keep in paypal at a time like say never more than $300. If that was the case I would not be concerned about recieving $300 bucks in 6 months.
ZERO is even better. Nothing bad about not having to worry about getting nothing in six months.

I've also noticed sometimes paypal holds 500 dollars, sort of like a deposit, to cover chargebacks if they decide to drop you.
Old 02-25-2010

Default ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
Paypal locked my account with my bank account linked to it. Is there anyway I could get another bank account online to verify it? I tried using AccountNow and when I entered the routing and checking number it said, this account cannot be used with paypal. Is there any other online bank accounts I can use?
That's funny I'm using accountnow with paypal and amazon and have received deposits from both no problem
Old 02-25-2010

Talking ^^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJosh View Post
They do! My friend who use to work for them said the software and security they now employ is comparable to that of the CIAs in terms of processing capabilities!

Thanks for that, so I guess that means I have the ability to outsmart the CIA, I'm gonna have a drink to that.
Old 05-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Provided the bank account has been left open, then paypal will deposit the funds there.Funds are being released in 99% of 180 day limitations as of this moment.

If you make a stealth account again, don't do a foo-foo address The idea is to have access to the address.
You can add a new bank account to your old paypal after 180 days and withdraw just fine. You don't even have to verify the bank account first.

I have been using greendot bank accounts only to withdraw remaining funds on each 180+ day accounts
Old 05-13-2010

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Alpha, Every limitation is different. You had no problems adding a bank account, but there have been reports from others that paypal would not let them add a bank account, even after the 180 days are up. That's why you should leave the bank account open and take no chances.
Old 05-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
Alpha, Every limitation is different. You had no problems adding a bank account, but there have been reports from others that paypal would not let them add a bank account, even after the 180 days are up. That's why you should leave the bank account open and take no chances.
I have had over 50 accounts go on 180 day hold in the past few years. I have never had a problem getting money out after 180 days. One time I was told that I would not be able to withdraw money unless I provided a government issued ID first but when I got off the phone with them and called back another time it got cleared. It is all about persistence.
Old 05-15-2010

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Just because you have not had any problems withdrawing doesn't mean no one else has. Like I said, there have been numerous reports of paypal not allowing people to add a bank account once the 180 days is up.
Old 05-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

They give it up after 180 days. On rare occasion they ask for a photo ID before they add a bank account but they let you add the account. Anyone who is being denied access to funds probably either a) doesn't know what they are doing or b) was involved in some serious fraud.
Old 08-30-2013

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmugrad05 View Post
wow I don't know how in the world they still saw your number on their screen after hitting *67 that scares me!...
How can we be sure PP saw his landline number through the *67?
Maybe PP saw only the fact that the user was using *67,
and limited the account for that reason alone.

Or maybe calling from a blocked number (using *67) was the last of several red flags already raised.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

The last post on the thread was over 3 years ago. Many things on Paypal change over time. Something that was relevant 3 years ago may not be now.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainbuster View Post
How can we be sure PP saw his landline number through the *67?
Maybe PP saw only the fact that the user was using *67,
and limited the account for that reason alone.

Or maybe calling from a blocked number (using *67) was the last of several red flags already raised.
If its a toll free number, then *67 does not work in the US

Thinking being that if the toll free company is paying for the call, they should be able to see the number.