Best Legit Dropshipper? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-21-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Best Legit Dropshipper?

I've found some websites and blogs and reviews and stuff about the best dropshipper. What i have fond it that worldwide brands is by far the best for deals and doba is the best dropshipper. Anyone use these and if so what are your opinions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2010

Longevity: 82%

Those are two of the worst places to find product online. If you're still considering those guys you still haven't even scratched the surface of online wholesale/dropshipping, no offense. I was in the same position you were.

The prices and products that these guys offer is a joke. Let's take a look at Doba for an example with their "preview merchandise". I went into games, movies & music. First thing I saw was the 300 Blu-ray disc, let's use this as an example:
Suggested Retail Price: $24.98
Wholsale Price: $19.41
Profit Margin: 22%
Profit: $5.57

^^^ That's laughable, people are selling 300 Blu-ray brand new for 11 bucks on eBay. And even if you do manage to sell it for the suggested retail price that "profit margin" isn't taking into account eBay/Paypal fees. So let's say you did sell it for $24.98, you pay $19.41, after eBay/Paypal fees that's a whopping profit of $0.30, no joke. You would be better off dropshipping with the guy who's selling it for 11 bucks on eBay.

I suggest you use the search function here are take a look at the wholesale/dropshipping discussions, you have a lot to learn if you're serious about selling online.

-Albert Einstein
Old 10-21-2010
Threadstarter  

haha thanks, I just did a super brief google research on it. Hadn't seen anything pop up on forums recently, but I will definitely search it out. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2010

Longevity: 80%

aside from what jamblix said, which is true and one big problem ( no real profits to be made ) there is the issue of shipping times. Remember that the shipping is REALLY out of your hands now, yet you will still get scored on your DSR, so be very very very very sure they have reliable shipping , or that at the very least it is better than your own if you were to send it , otherwise you will be in the can asap with ebay.

if you find a good drop shipper , let us know.
Old 10-21-2010
Threadstarter  

Thats what I was afraid of. With all the thousands of people on amazon and ebay thinking the exact same thing, it looks more of a competition of who can get the most trust so they can sell non legit items the easiest. My favourites are when amazon recommends a seller that is obviously selling a ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
Old 10-21-2010

I am not saying it can't be done, and in theory it sounds great. But heck , it it werethat easy, none of us would be carrying any inventory at all, and all of us would just be drop shipping.
Bottom line the drop shipping companies/manufacturers etc, can just go ahead and sell online just as well as you can these days ( now that ebay opened up to chinese sellers a few years back) , they may not need you.

but, I am sure there are a few gems out there for drop shipping , plus you have to know your niche, which I trust you do, so as said, do keep looking , and report back to us
Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Doba is a complete joke! For - what are they charging now - $50 per month? - you get the right to buy products at a much higher price than you could find them being sold for on eBay.

For example, the John Cusak movie 1408 is available on eBay for about $4 + $3 shipping - BRAND NEW. That comes out to $7. Not just from ONE seller, but from SEVERAL sellers.

What is DOBA's WHOLESALE price? A mere $14.95. That is just about DOUBLE what you would pay if you bought it at Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, J&R Music World, Barnes & Noble, Newegg, CD Universe, Deep Discount DVD, etc.

What tipped me off in the beginning is what happened immediately after I signed up for a free trial. I got a call from one of their obnoxious sales reps - you know, the kind of guy who talks to you like he has been your best friend for years - telling me all about how much money I was going to make, and how he would be there for me every step of the way, and how I would grow to love DOBA just as much as he did.

He kept stating things like "you have to keep an open mind" and "don't try to compete on price". And he tried to get me to sign up for their premium membership which was $89 per month at the time.

I quickly found out that the only way to make money with DOBA was to sign up as a wholesaler, buy my inventory at Best Buy and sell to any suckers stupid enough to actually BUY anything using DOBA.

And horror stories are all over the place with them. Many eBay sellers complained of making sales, only to find out the merchandise was "out of stock" even though their catalog showed huge quantities of the item. And 3 week shipping times. And shoddy merchandise.

My advice is to stay away from them.
Old 10-22-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Alot of stuff is VERO on eBay and that is why competition is soooo hard. It's name of the game, find a NICHE MARKET in order to get this ball rolling.