Starting from scratch... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Starting from scratch...

I have just set up 4 new stealth accounts, I'm just letting them age and am planning to start selling again in the next few weeks.

I was wondering if anyone could help, I am looking for legitimate goods to sell on ebay I was making decent money before but this time I want to make sure everything is above board. I don't have much money to invest in wholesale goods and dropshipping seems as though the margins are too small to make it worth while.

I would be very interested and grateful to hear how people on this forum started out, and what are the best ways of finding profitable products that sell well on ebay. Obviously I'm not asking anyone to give away their business model or niche! But any words of wisdom, advice, links to useful online content or ebooks would be hugely appreciated...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Good stuff on the stealth. Not much help I can provide because I sell stuff from around my house - looking into moving some big stuff soon.

Too many legitimate things always small profit margins so volume is key. You can try wholesale outlets but all the best as other folx chime in. Creativity will lead you to solid places.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
skilf (11-02-2010)
Old 11-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Since you posted hungt, my only recommendation is IF you go into the electronics route, you better get your account very very established - otherwise expect to be limited quickly since electronics are high risk.

That takes time. All the best.
Old 11-01-2010

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Since you posted hungt, my only recommendation is IF you go into the electronics route, you better get your account very very established - otherwise expect to be limited quickly since electronics are high risk.

That takes time. All the best.
Yes, electronics are high risked but if you start out slowly you should be fine. I have over 5 accounts selling electronics and never had a limitation on any of them before. All were power sellers with 400+ feedbacks.
Old 11-01-2010

Longevity: 82%

Government liquidations, liquidations in general (govliquidation.com, liquidation.com)

Wholesale districts (I'm not sure where to find these in the UK, but over here in southern California, downtown Los Angeles has a huge district solely for wholesale)

Trade shows (Again don't know where to find these in the UK, but in the US Los Angeles and Las Vegas have huge trade shows where you can shop around)

Where I started: hollywoodbodyjewelry.com

DHgate, Alibaba, Tradekey, etc. (Don't be confused with these sites as providing only counterfeit merchandise, they have a HUGE amount of items worth selling that are non-branded and potentially very profitable or you could just sell the replicas they do offer if you've got the balls)

Flea markets, Swap meets (If you've got a good eye for deals, than you could buy a bunch of stuff at these places and make a good profit, buy low+sell high, my niche with these places were old records and antique cameras, I found a Leica camera at a swap meet once bought it for $45 resold it for $150)

That should be a good start, Google is you're friend there are plenty of other options.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
skilf (11-02-2010)
Old 11-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate the advice! Also I bought the stealth guide and it recommends to let accounts age for a month before you start selling on them. I've got 2 accounts coming up to two weeks and really want to start selling on them! Would it be alright to start selling on them at this stage or should I wait for a full month?
Old 11-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Suggest waiting full month - you can trying a low-level listing at 2 weeks and wait for it to be sold for feedback though.
Old 11-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Explosives and nuclear material (if you can get your hands on it), sell quite good to Middle East buyers on eBay. But watch out, they always want free shipping or they won't bid.
Old 11-02-2010

Longevity: 90%

if buying from liquidation.com i would be careful, i have bought in the past and majority of the "good" stuff, like electrnics or small appliances will have problems..most are returns or salvages...they may list it as customer returns, but majority will have problems and will only be able to use for parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
Government liquidations, liquidations in general (govliquidation.com, liquidation.com)

Wholesale districts (I'm not sure where to find these in the UK, but over here in southern California, downtown Los Angeles has a huge district solely for wholesale)

Trade shows (Again don't know where to find these in the UK, but in the US Los Angeles and Las Vegas have huge trade shows where you can shop around)

Where I started: hollywoodbodyjewelry.com

DHgate, Alibaba, Tradekey, etc. (Don't be confused with these sites as providing only counterfeit merchandise, they have a HUGE amount of items worth selling that are non-branded and potentially very profitable or you could just sell the replicas they do offer if you've got the balls)

Flea markets, Swap meets (If you've got a good eye for deals, than you could buy a bunch of stuff at these places and make a good profit, buy low+sell high, my niche with these places were old records and antique cameras, I found a Leica camera at a swap meet once bought it for $45 resold it for $150)

That should be a good start, Google is you're friend there are plenty of other options.
The Following User Says Thank You to nobody999 For This Useful Post:
pod (11-25-2010)
Old 11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungt_143 View Post
Yes, electronics are high risked but if you start out slowly you should be fine. I have over 5 accounts selling electronics and never had a limitation on any of them before. All were power sellers with 400+ feedbacks.
Where do you get the items you sell to be powerseller on 5 accounts? I couldnt get up to PS on one account! lol