Oh ebay... *Rolls eyes* - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-01-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Oh ebay... *Rolls eyes*

Well, I'm glad I found this forum, just what I've been looking for!

I've had quite a lot of problems with eBay. Back in 2005 when I was 14, I setup an eBay account selling live praying mantids. These were sold as feeder food, and eBay didn't seem to have an issue with that. However on a couple of my listings one sunday, I forgot to note that they were being sold as feeder food, and bam, my listings were removed, and account suspended. So that was 180 feedbacks down the drain.

Signed up again about a week after, on the same PC, with the same address, and same paypal email (this was before I had read any of the stuff on re-registering after a suspension). Wierd thing was, this account was absolutely fine. I had started buying a lot of electronics, earphones mainly (genuine earphones I might add). I'd built up a powerseller account, was selling around £2,000 worth of goods a month, which I thought was pretty impressive, as I'd already reached my £1000 PM goal. But, it was not until I got VEROd (nearly a year into having the account) that my account was suspended. Bose removed some earphones I had listed, which I was pretty pissed at, as I'd bought a batch of 20 :O That was a further 400 or so feedbacks down the pan.

So, again, without looking into how to re-register properly, I setup another account. Different address, same paypal. About 20 feedbacks in, I was booted out again for "not being consistent with the ebay terms of service".

Repeat the process again, new account, different emails, same paypal. I then get suspended for buying 25 or so 1p ebooks when I setup the account (Oh yes, big mistake!).

Finally, I used someone elses account. I was selling on there quite happily for a good 3 weeks or so, had an ebay store going, etc. However, this week, they suspended the account, asking me to verify my details. The only connection they would have had between this account and my old accounts was my paypal, as I was using the same paypal account/address as the very first account I setup, and the same I used with all the accounts that got banned.

So, come 16, I've had 5 accounts banned, of which one was a powerseller account, and I still have a good standing paypal account. Good work :D

From reading on the forum, I'm actually suprised my paypal account did not get limited. After 5 suspensions, all with the same paypal address, there was nothing happening with my paypal at all, it was fine. I was keeping large amounts of money in there, but today I've withdrawn nearly all of it after reading some of the stories on here of paypal accounts being frozen.

Anyway, I've got a lot of stock on order that I need to shift, but having a blocked ebay account now, it's hard Signed up a new account today at school, through a proxy, using a different browser. Set up a new paypal account as well. Did both with an online virtual visa, and an address of a friend.

So, come 16,

Any tips people have for me to help keep this account open? I'm wondering whether I should access either my paypal account or ebay account (new) from this PC or not? I've obviously cleared all cookies since I got suspended, and reset my router so have a new IP, but still skeptical about logging into either of them.

At least I was not totally dependant on eBay, still earn money from various affiliate programs and revenue building schemes online via my website, and through personal sales on my website. But ebay really was a luxury income! I hope to be back on soon :D

Hope to contribute to this forum as well, as it really is a fantastic tool for anyone that has been suspended. I've learnt a lot already, and feel confident I WILL be able to get myself back and selling! So much so, I subscribed.

Thanks guys, and keep up the good work.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

That's pretty awesome! At such a young age you've accomplished much more then people 10 years older then you. It's good that you have diversified your income with affiliate and website sales, continue doing that. You really don't want any source of income to be more then 30% of your total income if you can help it.

As for eBay, you'll get there. The only negative I see from what you wrote above is you used a proxy to open your eBay account. This could be bad thing later on if you decide to change account details or you login with other IP addresses. If I were you I would try to use the same IP address per eBay account. Use your home IP that you've changed, make sure your cookies are deleted and you should be okay.

And it's good that you have a new Paypal account. Just make sure not to accidentally log back into your old Paypal account or eBay accounts using the same IP address and without deleting cookies.

Other then that, it looks like you'll be okay.

Take your time, make sure you do things right. And try not to get VeRO'd again!

Good luck!
Old 02-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Yea, well...I'd much rather earn my money online, than slaving away in some pub or supermarket. Means I get to sit on my arse, and earn about 10 times more

I think I'm safe with what I was strong selling, which was Sennheiser earphones. Only problem is is nearly all (especially the cx300) are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on ebay, so with the genuine ones, it's hard to make profit. But people that do take on board they are genuine, are ususally willing to fork out the extra money. But Sennheiser really don't seem to be up with the whole VERO thing, it's more "detailed" companies, such as Bose, or Bang and Olufsen.

So, you think I should login to my ebay account from the same proxy I used to sign up with it? (It's a public proxy with SSL).

Also, do you think it would harm if I sign into both my new paypal account, and my old one (which hasn't been banned, it's in perfect standing) from the same PC? Because what I would like to do, is keep my old paypal account for website sales, and new paypal account for ebay sales.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 02-01-2008
Administrator

Nah, forget about the proxy. Use a dynamic IP address that you've changed.

For Paypal, I know that Paypal accounts can link to each other. But if your Paypal account is linked to another Paypal account which is linked to a Suspended eBay account, I'm not sure if that will harm your eBay account or not. I haven't noticed any forum members saying anything about this so maybe not. But I can see somewhere in the future where Paypal and eBay might link in this way. So be careful.

And heck yeah making money online is much better then working for someone else. I've been making money online for 5 years now. I haven't had a "real" job since!
Old 02-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Okay. I really just used a proxy as an extra mask on top of my own IP address.

What do you do online then? Other than running the forum that is
Old 02-01-2008
Administrator

I run about 50 other websites and this forum which takes up a majority of my time. The other sites I have basically run their self, which is a huge plus! Right now I'm converting a lot of my non affiliate sites into adsense and private ad sales. It's fun.

And then I'm working on affiliate sales from Clickbank, CJ, Azoogle and Neverblueads.
Old 02-01-2008

Longevity: 95%

mantis you should try VPN if you arent going to be making a billion accounts.

dang aspkin lol. im trying out this affiliate/seo stuff, there is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn that i wish i started this 10 years ago like mantis here instead of playing counterstrike and tfc lol
Old 02-02-2008
Threadstarter  

What do you mean by VPN ivegotinfo?

Yes, I've just started with CJ aspkin, have made just over £25 in a couple of weeks, but I've done absolutely no promotion, just a few links on my website. Might start getting bigger with that soon.

In the process of setting up some proxy networks as well, adsense seems to be paying a good $15 or so a day on one I'm currently running, times that by 10, I'd be happy =)

I'l be experimenting with clickbank soon as well, which should be fun. People over at DP seem to think it's pretty good.
Old 02-05-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post
mantis you should try VPN if you arent going to be making a billion accounts.

dang aspkin lol. im trying out this affiliate/seo stuff, there is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn that i wish i started this 10 years ago like mantis here instead of playing counterstrike and tfc lol

I think I've played counter strike more then any other person I know. I just quit playing around 5-6 months ago... actually I quit all computer games because I figured they're just a huge waste of time; time that could be used for more productive activities. But anyway, I was a master at counter strike; I played since beta up until 5-6 months ago! Almost everyday, or every other day.

Now there are better games. I play Xbox Call of Duty which is a lot like counter strike but a lot better. Yes I play it, I play on XBox 360, not on PC, so I don't play as much. Maybe once every 2-3 days. Which is okay.

Oh, and yeah there a few key points to SEO and affiliate stuff. I can help you if you need any advice.
Old 02-05-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
What do you mean by VPN ivegotinfo?

Yes, I've just started with CJ aspkin, have made just over £25 in a couple of weeks, but I've done absolutely no promotion, just a few links on my website. Might start getting bigger with that soon.

In the process of setting up some proxy networks as well, adsense seems to be paying a good $15 or so a day on one I'm currently running, times that by 10, I'd be happy =)

I'l be experimenting with clickbank soon as well, which should be fun. People over at DP seem to think it's pretty good.
I'm doing pretty well with Clickbank. I almost reached $300 in sales yesterday! I'm excited about that. I average around $100-$200 a day in sales with around $40 to $50 in advertising.

So far I converted 3 of my 50 or so sites I'm planning to convert into adsense. I'm up to around $5-$8 a day! Which I'm pretty happy about. It doesn't seem like much, but for adsense it really is. Lol

I'm hopping for at least $20-$30 a day, maybe more pretty soon with adsense. It's a nice surprise check when it hits your bank account.

I'm also doing okay with some offers on CJ, not too bad.

I know what I'm doing when it comes to affiliate promotions and landing pages. But I don't consider my self an expert yet. I'm still learning like the rest of you guys. But if you need help, I'm here.
Old 02-06-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I run about 50 other websites and this forum which takes up a majority of my time. The other sites I have basically run their self, which is a huge plus! Right now I'm converting a lot of my non affiliate sites into adsense and private ad sales. It's fun.

And then I'm working on affiliate sales from Clickbank, CJ, Azoogle and Neverblueads.
CJ all the way. Havent tried Azoogle yet. I would rather just use 1 affiliate company
Old 02-06-2008
Threadstarter  

I agree, CJ is great.

But would really like to get started with clickbank to; Aspkin, I might contact you sometime when I need some help getting things kick started with it.
Old 02-06-2008
Administrator

sure thing
Old 02-07-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Yeah Aspkin will help u out. He really knows his stuff.
Old 02-07-2008

Longevity: 95%

i am signed up to cj, cpastorm, copeac, coprosper, millnic, clickbank and azoogle lol. now i just need to learn all there is to learn about this stuff.

haha, same thing aspkin xept i was playing it since 1.2 or 1.3 cant remember. nearly 4 hours a day every day after i got home from school. then tfc, and other stuff that wasted my time. recently got tf2, was playing that, then stopped dec 31st as my new years resolution to make money off this internet stuff, and i cant even believe it but i havent even turned steam on in that time... and i dont want to, this stuff is far more exiting lol.

oh and for mantis, virtual vpn is Dedicated IP that u can get that totally anonymizes your internet traffic andd gives you a new ip.