checking ebay emails on android phone - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-07-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default checking ebay emails on android phone

Just created my first stealth account. I have some questions. Please help me. I am a newbie!!

1. I want to check my ebay emails on my android phone. Is this ok? I notice that when i switch airplane mode on and off, i get new ip address. I only want to check emails to to see if buyer sent questions and monitor auction like if my item was sold. I will not respond to the email from the phone. Just want to check what it is. Will this link me although i have different ip address when i turn the phone on? or does it matter.

2. Do i change my ip address ( PC ) everytime i login to my user account. Because if i am changing back and forth between user account, do i have to change the ip address each time. I notice that if i change my ip address on one user account, all the user accounts have that same ip address meaning that i have change each ip address again if i want to check the accounts. Is this how its suppose to be?

any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

If you can keep the same IP on PC with that windows user account, do. You dont need to change it.

When checking email on your phone it will depend on what you are using. Are you using gmail? if so, make sure images are turned off. If you just read and dont reply they shouldn't see the IP

As a rule when using a mobile, make sure wifi is turned off. Because it will tend to grab that IP
Old 12-07-2010
Threadstarter  

I am using gmail. Images are TURNED OFF. WIFI IS OFF as well. So now i can check all the emails from all the user accounts from my android phone. correct?

How can i keep the same IP address on each user account. I don't think that is possible. Is it doable? I tried to do it using the stealth guide, but can not.

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashanali View Post
all the user accounts from my android phone. correct?
You can read them yes. I haven't had a droid for a bit, but I'm pretty sure the gmail account settings carry over to mobile webmail. They do on my Blackberry. Some at home tests with safe emails will help. I wouldn't use the actual gmail app though. There could be a risk of it sending info. If you are just reading I suggest forwarding a copy from each account to one gmail account just used for checking. Not the one you registered the phone with. Its also nice at home to have all the mail go to one place for a quick rread

Quote:
How can i keep the same IP address on each user account.
Depends on ISP. And hardware setup. If you are using macs on a router etc. I dont know enough about your home setup to reply properly
Old 12-07-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

You won't keep the same ip on each user account, this is for cookie and LSO seperation.

I would NOT recommend RESPONDING to emails from ebay from your android, unless directly to the customers email address. Reading the emails only is not a problem. You will forget at some point to change ip's, and you won't be able to log ip's that easily either.... I see you're trying to be more convenient and on the go, but it's more headache than what it's worth.
Old 12-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
You won't keep the same ip on each user account, this is for cookie and LSO seperation.

I may have read it wrong, but I was assuming he meant keep the one same IP for that user each time. Not the same IP for all.

But I read a lot wrong.....
Old 12-07-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

haha... no worries. Well, if he wants the same ip address on all users, you won't do anything.
Old 12-07-2010
Threadstarter  

Maybe i am just not understanding you guys. correct me if i am wrong. 1) If i have different user accounts on ONE pc but all user accounts have same IP address. Is there problem with that? I followed the guide when creating a new account but when i switch of to another user account, the same IP address is there too. Do i need to change the IP address when i switch to another user account to login into different ebay account?

2) So its not a problem just to read emails from phones. I mean i have 3 different accounts now. and i want to view emails on my phone for all three. i have three accounts on the phone for each. I am using gmail, images and wifi off.

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2010

Longevity: 78%

Yes, you do need to change the IP for different accounts even if you are using a different user account on the same computer.
Old 12-08-2010
MU

Quote:
2) So its not a problem just to read emails from phones. I mean i have 3 different accounts now. and i want to view emails on my phone for all three. i have three accounts on the phone for each. I am using gmail, images and wifi off.

Thanks.
I answered this in the above post.
Old 12-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
.If i have different user accounts on ONE pc but all user accounts have same IP address. Is there problem with that?
Big problem yes. Dont confuse windows user accounts and IPs. They both need to be different. A separate user account still must have a separate IP. It doesn't allow you to use the same IP. Nothing does

A different IP is needed for every eBay/PayPal account
The windows user account is used to separate cookies and flash.
Old 12-08-2010

Longevity: 78%

I check my mail all the time on my iPhone, never respond or click anything though...