Here's a new one MC036 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-21-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Here's a new one MC036

This may not affect US ebay sellers, but I received a MC036 notice for "Adult Material".
So it appears that any DVD that is not classified is not allowed for sale in Australia.
I have noticed a few that I have looked at, or purchased from Amazon are not classified. And I have also looked at One Tree Hill and it does say that they are not authorized for sale outside of the US/Canada.

This is going to be a major problem.

Quote:
MC036 eBay Listing Removed: Adult Material (439647403)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello *******(**********@gmail.com),

**PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR LISTING(S)**

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following listing(s):

180******** - One Tree Hill: The Complete Seventh Season

However, your (s) violates eBay's Adult Material policy and has been removed. In accordance with our User Agreement, items prohibited by law or by eBay policy are not allowed on eBay.

We were contacted by the Classification Branch in regard to listings for the One Tree Hill Season 7 DVDs because they are unclassified. They state that "The sale of an unclassified film is an offence in every State and Territory of Australia." For this reason these DVDs cannot be listed on eBay. Please do not relist this item on the site.

Under Australian law it may be a criminal offence for you to buy or sell certain types of publications, films and computer games. The Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Act 1995 sets out guidelines for the classification of these items. In general, if publications and computer games that are classified RC (refused classification) or films which are classified RC or X are considered by the authorities to be indecent. You may be committing an offence by buying or selling such items on eBay.

Items that are intended for use in a sexual setting (including "bondage" and "fetish" items,) display sexual activity or portray human genitalia in a "life-like" or realistic fashion are not allowed and will be ended by eBay. An example of such an item not normally permitted would be a vibrator intended for use in sexual activity (massagers are OK.) Please also be aware that titles with graphic adult language are inappropriate, regardless of the item contained in the listing itself.

Under Australian law it may be a criminal offence for you to buy or sell certain types of publications, films and computer games. The Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Act 1995 sets out guidelines for the classification of these items. In general, if publications and computer games that are classified RC (refused classification) or films which are classified RC or X are considered by the authorities to be indecent. You may be committing an offence by buying or selling such items on eBay. Some items, though legal to sell to adults are still restricted. eBay policy prohibits the item(s) offered in this listing. Please review eBay's Mature Audiences policy for additional information.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you relist this, or any other item that violates eBay policy, your eBay privileges could be suspended. We value you as a member of our community and wish to continue this relationship, so we must ask you to refrain from further violations of the User Agreement and eBay policy.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

one tree hill ?- now if it had bondage I might have actually watched it....all it is guilty of is being boring.

Is there a work around where you can list it on another country site, and maybe sell internationally to Oz? or some other way round that similar...
Old 12-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 82%

Thanks for the suggestion oomp, but Australia is very strict when it comes to censorship and classification. It's actually quite surprising that it has taken this long.

It seems that they have found another way of controlling distribution after they had to relax the region coding restrictions.

I'm not sure if there is a way around selling them in Australia, as all sellers, including US power sellers, have had their listings removed as well.

I'm not even sure if I could legally sell a used set.