PP verification declined with a TSB saving account but still received 2 small amounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default PP verification declined with a TSB saving account but still received 2 small amounts

A bit of confused regarding TSB saving account. I used TSB saving account to verify my Paypal account a couple of days ago (obviously I did not realize TSB saving account is not working any more until read some relevant information here) and paypal of course sent me a message says that the verification is failed . Its not a big problem to me as I could just use another card, but when I access to TSB online banking today, the small two amounts are shown on the statement, I am just wondering if it is normal?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-11-2011
jason357

Longevity: 0%

Its because tsb kick back the direct debit mandate back to paypal, so paypal then remove that bank account from your paypal, the trick is to make sure as soon as you get the 2 amounts into your savers account go straight to paypal and get it varified, once varified your sorted, simply wait till paypal kick that bank account off, then add another savers account, not you will be able to withdraw to that savers account as your paypal is fully varified,no need to do the 2 small amounts with the new saver account,otherwise your simply going in circles.
Old 01-11-2011

Longevity: 79%

not much else to add apart from the above post is spot on.

As you are not verifed you could try open an isa with the same bank (you can do it online like normal savers) that should verify without getting kicked back so you dont need another two savers accounts

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 01-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

OR dont use the dratted savings account in the 1st place.

Talk about making unneccessary work. That is STUPID. A current account that allows the Direct Debit mandate is still a far better method to verify a UK paypal account. It stops too much scrutiny from paypal when the bank account attaches correctly pfffttt

What is the specific problem with doing it the old, recommended way?
Old 01-11-2011
jason357

Because using current accounts GreenB, it goes on your credit rating, well in the uk it does, and depending on how many current accounts you need, it will look very dodgy, I currently go through about 20-30 savers a month, now try doing that the current account way.
Old 01-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@jason, you are misunderstanding the mark on your credit rating. You are spreading a falsehood with repeatedly recommending savers. Sorry but that's a fact. I'll get the explanation of credit scoring & post it (again).

If you are going thro' that many savers, then I am not sure I want to know just how you are running your accounts. You should not be telling other users to go for savers if you have dodgy practices. Simples.
Old 01-11-2011

Longevity: 79%

Not everyone can get current accounts, there next option is to use ISA's then PAYG but thats 12.50 a month, then savers, i agree that normal savers are not worth it unless you have no other option because you need two, on the other hand ISA''s are no different to adding a current account, you only need one and they accept DD, Well at least the two i have added so far did, the only difference is that they are much easier to open than a current account so not such a stupid idea after all.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 01-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
Not everyone can get current accounts, there next option is to use ISA's then PAYG but thats 12.50 a month, then savers, i agree that normal savers are not worth it unless you have no other option because you need two, on the other hand ISA''s are no different to adding a current account, you only need one and they accept DD, Well at least the two i have added so far did, the only difference is that they are much easier to open than a current account so not such a stupid idea after all.

why do you need 2 savers?
Old 01-12-2011
jason357

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
@jason, you are misunderstanding the mark on your credit rating. You are spreading a falsehood with repeatedly recommending savers. Sorry but that's a fact. I'll get the explanation of credit scoring & post it (again).

If you are going thro' that many savers, then I am not sure I want to know just how you are running your accounts. You should not be telling other users to go for savers if you have dodgy practices. Simples.
Sorry for any falsehood I'm speading, but, no applied for, or used savers show on my credit rating, maybe I'm lucky, and dont worry I want tell you how I'm running my accounts, but it aint owt dodgy, just need a few.

PLEASE ignor saver accounts if it going to ruin your credit score/rating, never knew they counted towards the rating, so thanks for clearing that up GeenB, current accounts it is.